Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

I know a lot of you try to not read too much into social media, but davante following josh is huge news. It means one of two things : #1) the bills are signing davante and they're working out the details or #2) davante wants to come to buffalo,  which we weren't of just yesterday. 

I'm getting my 🍿 ready 

Edited by TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Yep makes me think of when Stevie Johnson said that Hopkins was basically on a plane to Buffalo and Hopkins posted the song Buffalo soldier. 

Or when Andre Reed personally convinced OBJ to come play for the Bills

1 minute ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I know a lot of you like to try and not reading into any social media, but davante following josh is huge news. It means one of two things : #1) the bills are signing davante and they're working out the details or #2) davante wants to come to buffalo,  which we weren't of just yesterday. 

I'm getting my 🍿 ready 

Also, Davante grew up in the Bay Area and played college ball at Fresno St, both of which aren’t far from Firebaugh.  Maybe Josh can put on his Northern California charm and the two can bond over that??? 😍

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Yep makes me think of when Stevie Johnson said that Hopkins was basically on a plane to Buffalo and Hopkins posted the song Buffalo soldier. 

This is from nfl analyst rumors so I’d def take it with a grain of salt but at the end of the day WE decided we didn’t want hopkins apparently not the other way around.

He probably was very surprised by that and thought him wanting to go to Buffalo was the only part of the equation  (if it’s true of course 😂)

breer basically said we were worried how Diggs would take it if Hopkins took some of his touches 

so Hopkins is likely proof that social media stuff can matter actually 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I know a lot of you try to not read too much into social media, but davante following josh is huge news. It means one of two things : #1) the bills are signing davante and they're working out the details or #2) davante wants to come to buffalo,  which we weren't of just yesterday. 

I'm getting my 🍿 ready 

"the bills are signing davante" lol

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is from nfl analyst rumors so I’d def take it with a grain of salt but at the end of the day WE decided we didn’t want hopkins apparently not the other way around.

He probably was very surprised by that and thought him wanting to go to Buffalo was the only part of the equation  (if it’s true of course 😂)

breer basically said we were worried how Diggs would take it if Hopkins took some of his touches 

so Hopkins is likely proof that social media stuff can matter actually 

That all makes sense, not to mention that we certainly didn't want to pay him what he got from the Teslas.

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

That all makes sense, not to mention that we certainly didn't want to pay him what he got from the Teslas.

Yea like I’m just educated guessing here based on the tweets and rumors at this point but I think he would’ve left some money on the table to come to Buffalo so it was basically a done deal in his mind then we decided no thanks and he was like wait what 😂

I don’t think you just randomly post ‘buffalo soldier’ personally but there’s no way to know for sure haha 

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'll play

Adams and Crosby  for our 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 5th, 2026 2nd, Elam, Kingsley  

But there's a better chance of mark davis gluing a bowl on his head upside down.  Oh wait...

Hey, it could happen 😎

I don’t know if this would make me a terrible GM or what but fans would love me. These are the deals I would be making if I had a QB like Allen. All in every single year. I’ll let the next GM worry about not having draft picks. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

The fact that Adams remains a Raider as of today says that they are holding out on a desperate team overpaying or, at minimum, upping their offer. With the Bills and Jets in bad places ( Bills with injuries and Jets with performance) one of them will blink first 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The fact that Adams remains a Raider as of today says that they are holding out on a desperate team overpaying or, at minimum, upping their offer. With the Bills and Jets in bad places ( Bills with injuries and Jets with performance) one of them will blink first 

The longer this takes the better for us.  Each week this drags out his salary goes down.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t know if this would make me a terrible GM or what but fans would love me. These are the deals I would be making if I had a QB like Allen. All in every single year. I’ll let the next GM worry about not having draft picks. 

There’s something to it. This is an extreme example but I generally agree with the concept. As long as you have Josh Allen, your window is open. Do everything you can in his time and worry about the distant future in the distant future. It’s Brees with the Saints. He won one and would have won a second if not for the missed PI call. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I think it has more to do with his contract being a major obstacle for most teams.   The longer it goes the more the Raiders have to take off of his base pay. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I'm getting my 🍿 ready 

How is he NOT already following the best QB in the league already is my question.

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Yea they have no reason not to do that…worst that happens is they get ‘stuck’ with a great player lol 

4 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

https://x.com/M__Greco/status/1844753597210214737

FWIW I dont believe this person is legit, but, they do have a website. 

Yeah, I don't believe they are giving up on Samuel so soon. 

The AFC is wide open and I really hope Beane makes a move-I actually feel pretty confident in our D come playoff time if we can stay healthy. I am not so confident we can keep up in a shootout right now if it comes to that.

The Diggs drama shouldn't stop us from looking to get better. I think it's ok also for this team to admit we need a big time WR to make this offense work. It could ripple down and open up a lot of things for guys like Kincaid etc

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

They have the least cash of any team in the league, every week that passes they have to pay his 800k+ salary. The Raiders are not getting the 2nd they want and not retaining salary. Several online talking heads are saying the current offers out there are only 4s.

10 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

https://x.com/M__Greco/status/1844753597210214737

FWIW I dont believe this person is legit, but, they do have a website. 

Samuel is on this team til 2026 with the way his contract is structured. We cannot take on a 15M dead cap hit trading him this year. 

Edited by ndirish1978

3 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Yeah, I don't believe they are giving up on Samuel so soon. 

The AFC is wide open and I really hope Beane makes a move-I actually feel pretty confident in our D come playoff time if we can stay healthy. I am not so confident we can keep up in a shootout right now if it comes to that.

The Diggs drama shouldn't stop us from looking to get better. I think it's ok also for this team to admit we need a big time WR to make this offense work. It could ripple down and open up a lot of things for guys like Kincaid etc

I physically dont think it's possible to trade him with the cap hit. Plus LV wouldnt take on more salary and eat Davante's just for a 2nd.