Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

44 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

for the reason I stated before.  This defense is always hurt.

No reason to dump elam.

If it takes throwing Elam into a deal to make a trade for Davante happen, you throw Elam in there.  Davante would bring way more value than Elam ever will.  Elam is insurance, Davante would be our WR1 immediately.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’d love for it to happen, but highly highly unlikely at this point

Personally, I’d try to convince Seattle that DK Metcalf is hitting the market and they may as well get something for him

I think Adams is far, FAR more likely than Metcalf. The amount of compensation the Bills would have to give up for Metcalf would also be much higher. Think a 1st round pick plus.

• Agree 4

14 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

How many mid season player for player trades even are there in all of the nfl? Lol. I can’t think of any offhand 

Recent trades with extensions/re-worked contracts after the trade:

TJ Hockenson

Leonard Williams (2x)

Montez Sweat

Ezra Cleveland

Bradley Chubb

Roquan Smith

Marcus Peters

EDIT: Just realized you said player for player, which these aren't. But any Adams trade would have the main component from the Bills being a draft pick

Edited by BrooklynBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Personally, I’d try to convince Seattle that DK Metcalf is hitting the market and they may as well get something for him

They could have just, ya know, drafted him.  

I fully understand people wanting to add talent to this team, but I want no parts of Devante Adams.  

He's going to cost a ton, is the quintessential diva WR and he's 32.  Adding him to this current roster does not propel the Bills to Super Bowl status, in my eyes.  

Almost the equivalent of the Von signing, although I can forsee slightly better results.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

The overall positive effect Adams would have on this offense is incalculable.

Having a true number one like Devante would actually, in my mind, make this a quality receiving corps. The amount of attention he would command from opposing defenses would help open things up so much for Kincaid, Knox, and Shakir underneath.

And as you say, it would lessen the pressure on Coleman, put him into more advantageous positions, and give him the perfect vet to learn from.

And if things click and Adams likes it here, I could see them working out an extension and Adams ending his career as a Bill. I think he has 1-3 years left in the tank.

During the first 3 weeks I was not seeing the fit just based on Adams high expectations for target share given he has complained even in a win about his low volume activity that game.  So with Allen hitting 9 guys week 1 and 10 guys week 3 it just felt like it may not be a style of offense he would be happy in which is what concerned me.  

But like I said even after 3 weeks, while it was working seemingly great, we still needed to see what would happen once teams got more film and our 3 game stretch of Ravens, Texans and Jets would tell us where we are really at and Brady can find a way to adjust as teams adjust to us.  

And now with how well the defense bounced back last week and guys getting healthier, I think it makes sense now to make the move and go get him and give a boost to the offense that also will help Colemans development and not kill our cap next year.  Had the defense stunk against Houston, I would not be on board as I wouldn't think Adams would be enough.  But I have seen enough from the D now to think we can make a run if the offense is at its best, so go get him, he may just move the needle at this point.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Seattle is the only team that can have contract talks with DK Metcalf. How is another team convincing them that he's not going to re-sign? They're the only ones that would know and to say you have inside information would be to admit to tampering.

Also, he isn't a Free Agent until 2026. So even if they had preliminary talks and were far apart now, why would they trade him a year and a half before it's even an issue for them? Especially when they're currently a winning team.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

They could have just, ya know, drafted him.  

I fully understand people wanting to add talent to this team, but I want no parts of Devante Adams.  

He's going to cost a ton, is the quintessential diva WR and he's 32.  Adding him to this current roster does not propel the Bills to Super Bowl status, in my eyes.  

Almost the equivalent of the Von signing, although I can forsee slightly better results.

how would it not propel us into Super Bowl contenders ? Maybe you forgot the 1st 3 games already ? Maybe you forgot the fact that the bills were 1 play away from beating KC in the playoffs last year ? Josh allen went 9/30 and we barely lost to the Texans.  

Davante puts the bills on par with the chiefs and ravens of the world. No idea how he doesn't. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If it takes throwing Elam into a deal to make a trade for Davante happen, you throw Elam in there.  Davante would bring way more value than Elam ever will.  Elam is insurance, Davante would be our WR1 immediately.

You probably would if it came to that but I don’t see a world where it comes to that 😂. That wouldn’t move the needle for the raiders at all 

Adams is one of the top receivers in the league, even at his age - he would change this offense tremendously.  Allen hasn't had a guy like him to throw to.  Diggs is a great receiver, but he can't do some of the things Adams can do.

I don't think we're getting him, but if we did, it changes the season, imo.

On 10/7/2024 at 11:49 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think I would rather trade a 2nd rd pick for Courtland Sutton. 

The pick is pretty high but im surprised he isnt discussed more.  I would be very happy to trade a 4th for him.  His cap number this year is fine and 13 mil next year isnt unreasonable either.  And he signed his extension under the previous coaching staff.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

how would it not propel us into Super Bowl contenders ? Maybe you forgot the 1st 3 games already ? Maybe you forgot the fact that the bills were 1 play away from beating KC in the playoffs last year ? Josh allen went 9/30 and we barely lost to the Texans.  

Davante puts the bills on par with the chiefs and ravens of the world. No idea how he doesn't. 

The NFL season is 17 games not 3. 

This team is not that good and adding a 32 year old malcontent to the WR room doesn't magically make everyone else, Brady included, competent.

If they want to add Hopkins or Cooper, fine, but I'd stay far away from the guy who's mad when his team wins without him having a gaudy stat line. 

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Someone needs to explain why Adams would be a better pick up than Amari Cooper, who is younger, cheaper, had comparable stats last year, and could probably be had for a fourth round pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If we beat the Jets, maybe that takes them out of the running for Adams at 2-4 

that said, I don’t expect us to win

I expect an exercise in futility on both sides of the ball

On the flip, I'm afraid that if we beat the Jets, Beane and Co. will act like we're ok. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

I think Adams is far, FAR more likely than Metcalf. The amount of compensation the Bills would have to give up for Metcalf would also be much higher. Think a 1st round pick plus.

Eh, what’s a first rounder really? I would’ve used the 9th overall on him in his draft year so I’m down. 

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

The NFL season is 17 games not 3. 

This team is not that good and adding a 32 year old malcontent to the WR room doesn't magically make everyone else, Brady included, competent.

If they want to add Hopkins or Cooper, fine, but I'd stay far away from the guy who's mad when his team wins without him having a gaudy stat line. 

Bills have a good OL. A franchise QB. Several top weapons on offense. Our defense will improve when it gets healthy and we've won the division 5 years in a row. 

Let me also say, we have tons of draft capital and would still be fine for the future. 

• Like (+1) 4