Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This is such nonsense and literally doesn't make any sense. There's zero chance the compensation would ever be that high for what would be a 1 year rental. Also, the deal can't happen unless the Raiders eat a lot of his contract so the whole reworking of the contract talk wouldn't even be an option here.

I don't know if the rumor is true BUT if the Bills are asking him to re-work his deal beyond this year than that means that the Bills interest would be in Adams being here at cheap cap hits for this and next year (and maybe 2026) and with an easy way to move off from him as he gets older. IMO that is a situation that is worth a 2nd round pick. I agree with you that a rental situation is not worth a 2nd round pick.

If Adams isn't willing to re-work his contract after this season, it has nearly everything to do with him wanting to go to FA after this year.  He has base salaries of 35M for the next 2 years (none of it GTD) but he and his agent aren't dumb and know that nearly anyone who is trading for him are not going to be interested a 35M cap hit next season so they pretty much know that he is getting released after this year OR he is going to simply negotiate a brand new contract with the acquiring team. And yes - its entirely possible that after a ton of years in GB that he doesn't want to effectively end his career in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

If Bean trades that much for DA we have way bigger problems. 

There’s no way beane would offer two picks and two players in this situation even if the players were inconsequential. An inconsequential player knows the playbook at least and can get forced into playing due to injury you just never know…he’d never do that midseason. 

if we don’t end up getting Adams I bet Beane offered a second and didn’t go much beyond that 

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

And Elam still hasn’t sniffed the starting lineup.  Why would you hold onto him, when your WR corps is suffering and you have a chance to land someone like Davante for the rest of this season?

for the reason I stated before.  This defense is always hurt.

No reason to dump elam.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

I don't know if the rumor is true BUT if the Bills are asking him to re-work his deal beyond this year than that means that the Bills interest would be in Adams being here at cheap cap hits for this and next year (and maybe 2026) and with an easy way to move off from him as he gets older. IMO that is a situation that is worth a 2nd round pick. I agree with you that a rental situation is not worth a 2nd round pick.

If Adams isn't willing to re-work his contract after this season, it has nearly everything to do with him wanting to go to FA after this year.  He has base salaries of 35M for the next 2 years (none of it GTD) but he and his agent aren't dumb and know that nearly anyone who is trading for him are not going to be interested a 35M cap hit next season so they pretty much know that he is getting released after this year OR he is going to simply negotiate a brand new contract with the acquiring team. And yes - its entirely possible that after a ton of years in GB that he doesn't want to effectively end his career in Buffalo.

There's no reason to have him rework his current contract when you can just cut him at the end of the season and re-sign him to a new deal. He either wants to be here or he doesn't. Why take on the risk of having dead cap space with a reworked contact for a WR that's already 32? That's part of the reason we even got into cap trouble. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ha just came here to post this…interesting, this may be the first credible rumor link I think we have seen giving some actual life to this potential situation.  

At this point…do it Beane.  Not just because he adds something we don’t have right now, but it will also put Coleman in better position to where we can do more with him and help create mismatch opportunities moving him around too.  Not to mention, Adams and Coleman are similar in speed and skill sets Coleman aspires to reach his potential at.  So would be a good fit for Coleman to learn from.

21 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Any chance the Raiders would want Von?  He will be reinstated by the league prior to the deadline.   If they can move Von plus picks for Adams it would be a dream come true.

His contract makes him basically untradeable this year for us 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Agreed.

A 2 and a 5 and players, plural? 

Nah. Ridiculous.

That does not sound like a Beane move at all.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

There's no reason to have him rework his current contract when you can just cut him at the end of the season and re-sign him to a new deal. He either wants to be here or he doesn't. Why take on the risk of having dead cap space with a reworked contact for a WR that's already 32? That's part of the reason we even got into cap trouble. 

Again, this all just speculating on what the situation could be if all of these parties (Raiders, Bills, Adams) are talking.

First thing that Bills establish with both the Raiders and Adams agents is that they are not interested in a rental situation.

Raiders and Bills convo is easy - Raiders want a 2 and the Bills let them know what conditions need to be met for them to give a 2 for Adams, i.e. low cap hit this year and managable cap hits in future years which is going to require Adams and Bills to negotiate a new contract.

Between Adams and Bills - You would have to re-work the current contract because he has a cap hit of 35M in 2025 and 2026, none of GTD, and the Bills are a cap team. If you are going to tell him "Hey - we are going to just cut you after this year and do a new deal at the end of the season" then he's going to say "Ok, I'll be going to the open market and you can bid against all these other teams."

Right now, the Bills and Adams would just be negotiating against risk of injury for Adams and current deals of recently extended 30 YO WRs.

BTW - Davante's agency also represents Brandon Beane so there is absolutely a clear working relationship there.

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Buffalo is Out.

FWIW This is what I was told.

The person is not a Bills fan.
They have good connections.

“Devante has asked the Raiders not to trade him to Buffalo and his agent told Buffalo he wouldn’t rework his contract. Trade is off. Literally happened the last part of the night.”

Our offer to LV was a 2nd, 5th and multiple players

I don’t know…this level of compensation does not sound like a Beane move for a player 32 years old and expected to be a half year rental as his contract makes him a sure cut next year.  And given how much he prioritizes playing with his buddies, I would expect him to land in NO or where ever Rodger’s is if he plays another year once he is a FA.  

So I’m just gonna say I’m quite skeptical this is accurate.  Lots of people who say they have “sources” close to the situation all have wildly different insights.  So they can’t all be correct.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t know…this level of compensation does not sound like a Beane move for a player 32 years old and expected to be a half year rental as his contract makes him a sure cut next year.  And given how much he prioritizes playing with his buddies, I would expect him to land in NO or where ever Rodger’s is if he plays another year once he is a FA.  

So I’m just gonna say I’m quite skeptical this is accurate.  Lots of people who say they have “sources” close to the situation all have wildly different insights.  So they can’t all be correct.

I think if they are offering a 2, it would be with the Raiders eating his 2024 salary and the Bills and Adams agreeing to a new contract beyond this year. His spotrac market value (factoring in his age and production) is 2 yr deal with about a 20M AAV.

In no world are they offering a 2 for a half season of Adams IMO

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ha just came here to post this…interesting, this may be the first credible rumor link I think we have seen giving some actual life to this potential situation.  

At this point…do it Beane.  Not just because he adds something we don’t have right now, but it will also put Coleman in better position to where we can do more with him and help create mismatch opportunities moving him around too.  Not to mention, Adams and Coleman are similar in speed and skill sets Coleman aspires to reach his potential at.  So would be a good fit for Coleman to learn from.

His contract makes him basically untradeable this year for us 

That does not sound like a Beane move at all.  

How many mid season player for player trades even are there in all of the nfl? Lol. I can’t think of any offhand 

I don’t know why you’d even send players to la in this situation it makes no sense 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

48 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

We don't even know who the rumored "players" are

There’s just no way there’s players involved from us.  2nd and 5th is already more than beane would likely offer, and if we’re already offering those picks then the players have to be so inconsequential that they’d mean nothing to LA anyway.  They’re much more valuable to us because they know our playbook and can come in in a pinch due to injury and would just be wasted roster space for LA.  It just doesn’t make sense that that was our offer 

Some of you are hilarious.  You think it's a wild assumption that davante would say no to Buffalo? 

Buffalo has always been a difficult area to attract talent. Obviously the weather, mainly the wind and snow which for a weapon like davante will limit his receiving numbers , high taxes, history of never winning a championship and now a QB coming off a 9/30 outing with a coach who may be clueless. 

I'm not saying a destination like Pittsburgh is better, but you'd be lying to yourself if you didn't think davante would rather play somewhere like Kansas City or Dallas.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

No way in Hell we offered a 2, 5 and multiple players. And I don't buy Adams would say no to Buffalo, not with Josh Allen slinging him the Ball.

Again, just stating what I was told. The Raiders wanted a quality offer to pay a good portion of his $ this season in order for us to acquire him. 

2nd, 5th, Elam and someone like Shavers isn’t far fetched 

Adams may not be keen on the idea of a snow team again. He also specifically called out the fanbase for snowball throwing at players

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

There’s just no way there’s players involved from us.  2nd and 5th is already more than beane would likely offer, and if we’re already offering those picks then the players have to be so inconsequential that they’d mean nothing to LA anyway.  They’re much more valuable to us because they know our playbook and can come in in a pinch due to injury and would just be wasted roster space for LA.  It just doesn’t make sense that that was our offer 

Beane may  view those picks as “house $” because the 2 and 5 we have extra picks in those rounds.   & now, we have a pretty desperate need 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The overall positive effect Adams would have on this offense is incalculable.

Having a true number one like Devante would actually, in my mind, make this a quality receiving corps. The amount of attention he would command from opposing defenses would help open things up so much for Kincaid, Knox, and Shakir underneath.

And as you say, it would lessen the pressure on Coleman, put him into more advantageous positions, and give him the perfect vet to learn from.

And if things click and Adams likes it here, I could see them working out an extension and Adams ending his career as a Bill. I think he has 1-3 years left in the tank.

Just now, Logic said:

The overall positive effect Adams would have on this offense is incalculable.

Having a true number one like Devante would actually, in my mind, make this a quality receiving corps. The amount of attention he would command from opposing defenses would help open things up so much for Kincaid, Knox, and Shakir underneath.

And as you say, it would lessen the pressure on Coleman, put him into more advantageous positions, and give him the perfect vet to learn from.

And if things click and Adams likes it here, I could see them working out an extension and Adams ending his career as a Bill. I think he has 1-3 years left in the tank.

I’d love for it to happen, but highly highly unlikely at this point

Personally, I’d try to convince Seattle that DK Metcalf is hitting the market and they may as well get something for him