Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I doubt anyone is trading for Adams until he shows he is recovered from the Hammy.  You don’t generally see players hurt get traded while hurt.  Could happen, but I am guessing it’s going to be at least another week before we see where he is going.  

Especially considering he’s getting a nearly one million dollar weekly salary…

Any team is going to want him 100% healthy and ready to contribute.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Buffalo is Out.

FWIW This is what I was told.

The person is not a Bills fan.
They have good connections.

“Devante has asked the Raiders not to trade him to Buffalo and his agent told Buffalo he wouldn’t rework his contract. Trade is off. Literally happened the last part of the night.”

Our offer to LV was a 2nd, 5th and multiple players

Sure

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Gregg said:

I wonder what plan B is then if the Bills are out on Adams. Beane knows he has to do something to improve at WR. 

It's gotta be Cooper.  And that would be a great pick-up for us. He'll be cheaper, too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

I wonder what plan B is then if the Bills are out on Adams. Beane knows he has to do something to improve at WR. 

Hopefully Cooper or Slayton.  

this has a few other names that could help us.  Not sure if they’re available, but upgrades nonetheless

https://nfltraderumors.co/updated-2024-nfl-midseason-trade-block/

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Buffalo is Out.

“Devante has asked the Raiders not to trade him to Buffalo and his agent told Buffalo he wouldn’t rework his contract. Trade is off. Literally happened the last part of the night.”

Hard to believe they would even consider giving up a 2, 5 and MULTIPLE players.  

Sorry I do not believe that for a second.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 10

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Agreed.

A 2 and a 5 and players, plural? 

Nah. Ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If the players were Elam and one of our WRs, why not?

why would u just dump elam? He came into a playoff game last year and basically saved the game with his interception in the endzone.

There is absolutely no reason to move elam.  Especially with the rate defensive players get hurt on this team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Buffalo is Out.

I think he’s ******* with you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

We know Beane has a history of trading for guys with term on their contract, and the poster references Adams being unwilling to re-work his contract.. if I'm reading that correctly, this would be separate from the Raiders eating his salary and might indicate us wanting him to rework his deal to be part of our team beyond this year?... of which he's unwilling to take (likely) a pay cut in future year(s)?

If that's the case, I could see us sending them a 2, 5 and filler in exchange for them eating salary and us reworking a deal to get Adams for this year and next.

For just a rental, that doesn't seem like Beane's MO.  

Amari Cooper makes the most sense from a salary cap perspective.

I'm also intrigued by Jalin Hyatt from the Giants. Won the Biletnikoff award as a JR with a 1200 yard season, but has ZERO receiving yards for the Giants right now. They refuse to give him any meaningful snaps. Obviously this one would be more of a low cost reclamation project.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

That’s what I think too. Multiple players part means this is nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

why would u just dump elam? He came into a playoff game last year and basically saved the game with his interception in the endzone.

There is absolutely no reason to move elam.  Especially with the rate defensive players get hurt on this team.

And Elam still hasn’t sniffed the starting lineup.  Why would you hold onto him, when your WR corps is suffering and you have a chance to land someone like Davante for the rest of this season?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We know Beane has a history of trading for guys with term on their contract, and the poster references Adams being unwilling to re-work his contract.. if I'm reading that correctly, this would be separate from the Raiders eating his salary and might indicate us wanting him to rework his deal to be part of our team beyond this year?... of which he's unwilling to take (likely) a pay cut in future year(s)?

If that's the case, I could see us sending them a 2, 5 and filler in exchange for them eating salary and us reworking a deal to get Adams for this year and next.

For just a rental, that doesn't seem like Beane's MO.  

If this report is true, I wonder if the "no" to Buffalo was less about the city/organization and more about his unwillingness to be flexible regarding his contract, because supposedly just a week ago Buffalo was one of the teams he was interested in playing for.

21 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If the players were Elam and one of our WRs, why not?

Two players AND two future picks! One of those picks a 2nd rounder? Also Adams not re-working his contract!

Forget it! If this is even true.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm also intrigued by Jalin Hyatt from the Giants. Won the Biletnikoff award as a JR with a 1200 yard season, but has ZERO receiving yards for the Giants right now. They refuse to give him any meaningful snaps. Obviously this one would be more of a low cost reclamation project.

Amari was Joe Marino's choice for a target if he was in charge of running the Bills right now, per his pod yesterday fwiw. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

From Joe B at the athletic

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5825498/2024/10/07/bills-wide-receiver-trade-cases-deadline/

The Carolina Panthers are looking at yet another lost season, and even though they just traded for Diontae Johnson, 28, in the offseason, it might be more worthwhile to move him and collect a young asset in the form of a draft pick. From an on-field perspective, he’s an electric route runner who gains ample separation while slotting in perfectly to meet the current need at Z-receiver. His ability to win underneath is outstanding, and in a two-high-shell-dominated NFL world, Johnson could be a target sponge with an elite quarterback.

The biggest thing standing in the Bills’ way is that Johnson is in the final year of his contract. He also has a higher cost because of his relatively young age compared to the other top receivers potentially on the market. There would be no guarantee of anything past 2024 if they did it, and that’s a slight risk for Beane and his roster.

However, they could look at it as a “try before you buy” situation to see how Johnson meshes with the room and, more importantly, Allen. Johnson’s cap hit is not prohibitive enough for them to rule it out, either. They can make it work. It all depends on trade cost and their willingness to take a slight risk with Johnson unsigned in 2025.

Diontae Johnson trade cap hits

WRPre-Week 6Pre-Week 7Pre-Week 8Pre-Week 9Pre-Week 10In-Season Money OwedProrated Rate

Diontae Johnson

$4,941,176.47

$4,529,411.76

$4,117,647.06

$3,705,882.35

$3,294,117.65

$7,000,000

$411,764.71

(Over the Cap)

Verdict: Keep an eye on this one. Johnson has the type of talent to invest in and has several in-prime years remaining. If they’re going for a one-year rental type, it’d be worth seeing how he fits in with the Bills and whether it warrants a contract extension as a pillar player. He could be a star with Allen as his quarterback.

I may kick tires on Thielan. He's had hammy issues as well but is more the vet sure handed guy we could use. 

21 minutes ago, Logic said:

That’s crazy they’re not using him. That dude was lightning in a bottle. So strange how some of these guys just fizzle out.