Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

I mean, people say we're more than 1 player away - but I'd disagree.  Adding someone like Adams changes the way DC's would have to prepare.  We simply don't have a guy like that right now.  Defenses would have to put more focus on him, and it would open up the rest of the offense - Shakir is a more natural #2, Samuel #3, and so on.  

The league would not enjoy seeing this headline.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Gregg said:

Good chance to win the Texans game if it got OT as the Bills had the momentum coming back from 17-3. I disagree with you on the Ravens game. They kicked the Bills asses.

No chance. This team CANNOT win OT games under the current regime

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No chance. This team CANNOT win OT games under the current regime

The way the 2nd half was going they could have. They did a good job shutting down the Texans. We will never know since they messed up late in the 4th.

7 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Our D is playing better than they have any right to.  Very fun to watch vs HOU.  But how long can they keep that up?  Add another injury or two and they would likely fall; like last year.  Hopefully some.come.back.from IL 100% but who can say yet.

I actually think the D has more upside than downside.  We’ve been battling the injury bug, but hopefully getting Rapp and Taron back this week.  Not sure about Oliver, and we know Milano is going to be awhile.  Von will be back after the next 3 games.  Meanwhile, we’ve got some younger guys (Dorian, Carter, Bishop) that have lots of room to continue growing and getting better.  Granted more injuries a likely still ahead,  but in a month, it’s possible we’re feeling really good about this D and just waiting on Milano to be back.

Just now, XXXtraAnchovies said:

i'd rather us go after Pickens who is a true #1 and still on his rookie contract

Pickens only becomes available if they get Adams. 

Even then, they might be unwilling to part with him. Definitely if they come up empty on the trade with the Raiders. 

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

Why would Pittsburgh trade the only good offensive player they have?

Right, and Pickens is a head case, last thing I’d want to add to our WR room.  If Steelers traded for Adams, it’s to add to their WR room, not to then trade away the best young talented WR on their team.

16 minutes ago, Success said:

I think Beane is getting this one done.  Late night Beane is the best Beane.

I think BBB has told the Raiders he’s willing to part with one of our 2nds, but he’s going to need their help on the cash side.  And has said if you don’t get a 2nd rounder from one of these other teams, give me a call. 

• Like (+1) 1

There's a video on twitter of Pickens' routes from last week. He's dogging it badly on every play, even the ones where the ball comes to him. There's 10+ pass plays shown, so it's not a one-off. If he's doing that stuff, he's probably not a "process" guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Right, and Pickens is a head case, last thing I’d want to add to our WR room.  If Steelers traded for Adams, it’s to add to their WR room, not to then trade away the best young talented WR on their team.

I think BBB has told the Raiders he’s willing to part with one of our 2nds, but he’s going to need their help on the cash side.  And has said if you don’t get a 2nd rounder from one of these other teams, give me a call. 

Very well could be the case.  I’d sweeten that with a 4th or 5th as well if that’s what it takes 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Anyone that thinks Dawson Knox or mvs have trade value are delusional. 

The Raiders are tanking this year anyways, they just need bodies to play. I’m sure they’d take our scraps in a trade

4 minutes ago, Billznut said:

The Raiders are tanking this year anyways, they just need bodies to play. I’m sure they’d take our scraps in a trade

They just drafted 2 tight ends in the first and second rounds back to back years. They are not taking on a 3rd at $14 mil + through 2026. That would be insane. 

MVS is a scrap piece that would be a body but nothing more. 

his issues predate pittsburgh but im not sure he could have been drafted by a worse organization for managing certain types of players. his qb's have been trubisky, pickett and now fields while having a offense run by matt canada, arthur blank and mike sullivan. and as a few have mentioned he is being phased out of the gameplan. last time we traded for a disgruntled wr with attitude problems it worked out pretty well. maybe he just wants to win too

• Like (+1) 1

As for Pickens - yes he’s dogging and quit routes last week but I don’t see them moving him unless their record turns south. The browns and bengals are pretty much dead in the water in that division. With them being tied for first, I think it’s much more likely they try to make it work once Russ gets healthy, and go from there. Or, they’d trade him to a team that can give decent wr value back, something we don’t have. 

sure feels like the raiders reporters and national reporters keep saying the bills are still in it because they want the Jets to pay more.

Seems pretty straight forward to me, he is going to the Jets and the Raiders want more than they are offering.