Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

10 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

4 weeks until we hear how hard we tried but we're happy with the group we have now that we're healthy 

Exactly.  Too expensive, couldn't get the cap done, we are getting out of cap hell and don't want to run it up again, we are happy with who we have, at the end of the day it didn't make sense for us..."  I feel its those and any permutation of those. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Exactly.  Too expensive, couldn't get the cap done, we are getting out of cap hell and don't want to run it up again, we are happy with who we have, at the end of the day it didn't make sense for us..."  I feel its those and any permutation of those. 

The current offensive talent group has virtually no shot in the playoffs after the wild card round (assuming we get there)

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Raiders agree to pay Adams' 2024 salary.

Bills send a 2025 2nd and MVS.

Where do I sign up?

IMO it might be this

2nd, 5th, Elam, Shavers 

I'd prefer to keep MVS (he should be the one running Hollins deep routes)  he's a proven playoff performer and big time clutch plays to end games 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, DJB said:

The Jets are more desperate than us . I think they do it.

we should be just as desperate

Shakir (hurt)

Coleman

Samuel (hurt, poor use, poor play)

Hollins (hurt, poor use, can’t track ball)

MVS  never used

Cook  hurt

Kincaid

Knox  never used as receiving TE. Why???

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Never gonna happen

14 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Yeah there’s no way.  For Raiders to eat all that salary when the Jets can take it on Buffalo would have to offer a 1st most likely 

While I agree that it's unlikely (because Mark Davis is a cheapskate and because the Jets and/or Saints may be willing to make the deal without the salary demand), I think the words "never" and "no way" are probably too strong.

As it is, once interested teams like the Chiefs and Ravens have dropped out. For the Bills to be considered "still in it", there must be a least a small chance.

But again, I do agree it's unlikely. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills should not be desperate.  They should not trade our near future years in the new stadium for a spark this season.  Just enjoy the season as it plays.  Two losses and people lose their minds.  5 easier games up next.  Gosh.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, sleeby said:

The Bills should not be desperate.  They should not trade our near future years in the new stadium for a spark this season.  Just enjoy the season as it plays.  Two losses and people lose their minds.  5 easier games up next.  Gosh.  

While I agree that we'll still put together a solid season "as is," it's pretty clear that we're lacking at WR right now. Coleman may develop more as the season goes on, but we have one of the weaker WR corps in the league and it will likely hold us back in the playoffs.

I don't think trading a 2nd and maybe a player is a big deal in terms of holding us back in the future. We have more picks than usual next year. We can afford it.

1 hour ago, K D said:

A pick and a player?

They aint taking Knox, their fans were already b-wording they took Bowers bc they had too many TEs if i remember correctly.... plus Knox sucks lol

The 3 players Massare mention makes me believe the previous tweet even more, why on earth would LV want any of those players, especially with their contracts.  They wouldnt

• Like (+1) 1

If we had cap space, I have a feeling this trade would be done already. 

The fact we’re still listed means the Raiders must be ok with, at least as a consolation prize, eating some salary. 

Id imagine this boils down to us having the best offer, but them waiting to see if anyone who can take on salary can match (or come close)

At least that’s my read on it…

4 minutes ago, Success said:

While I agree that we'll still put together a solid season "as is," it's pretty clear that we're lacking at WR right now. Coleman may develop more as the season goes on, but we have one of the weaker WR corps in the league and it will likely hold us back in the playoffs.

I don't think trading a 2nd and maybe a player is a big deal in terms of holding us back in the future. We have more picks than usual next year. We can afford it.

This was never to be our year.  We're still absorbing von Miller and diggs contracts etc.  If the Bills are smart they play for 2026.  See what they have here now, save picks and cap and build from what they learn.  

53 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Brandon? Is that you?

2 minutes ago, sleeby said:

This was never to be our year.  We're still absorbing von Miller and diggs contracts etc.  If the Bills are smart they play for 2026.  See what they have here now, save picks and cap and build from what they learn.  

I didn't think it was going to be our year. But the state of the league over a month in has me believing that it could be. There really isn't a team we can't beat if we're on.  I still say we win the Ravens game if not for that trick play call, and we are 50/50 to win against Houston at their place if we just don't pass the last 3 downs.

Edited by Success
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If we had cap space, I have a feeling this trade would be done already. 

The fact we’re still listed means the Raiders must be ok with, at least as a consolation prize, eating some salary. 

Id imagine this boils down to us having the best offer, but them waiting to see if anyone who can take on salary can match (or come close)

At least that’s my read on it…

I believe that is exactly what’s happening.

I was told our offer of a 2nd, 5th and player(s)

is “tentatively agreed to” but the Raiders are waiting on other teams. We gave them until tonight or the offer is being pulled

the person who told me is not a Bills fan and has no reason to lie. They have good connections. We’ll see I guess…

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

I didn't think it was going to be our year. But the state of the league over a month in has me believing that it could be. There really isn't a team we can't beat if we're on.  I still say we win the Ravens game if not for that trick play call, and we are 50/50 to win against Houston at their place if we just don't pass the last 3 downs.

Our D is playing better than they have any right to.  Very fun to watch vs HOU.  But how long can they keep that up?  Add another injury or two and they would likely fall; like last year.  Hopefully some.come.back.from IL 100% but who can say yet.

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Good chance to win the Texans game if it got OT as the Bills had the momentum coming back from 17-3. I disagree with you on the Ravens game. They kicked the Bills asses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1