Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'd love to see the Bills do this but I need to know what the cap implications would be. You'd think any team would be up against the cap at this point in the season so maybe the Raiders are willing to eat some of his salary to push the trade through? Can his future cap hits be reduced with a restructure or extension?

We'd still need to cover his current contract before we can do any sort of restructure/extension to lower the number. You can't touch someone's contract before they're a member of the team. Maybe they'll be willing to eat some of it as part of the deal. But they aren't going to extend or restructure his deal for us. If we were to pull out, they'd be stuck with him on a contract that fits our situation.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

We'd still need to cover his current contract before we can do any sort of restructure/extension to lower the number. You can't touch someone's contract before they're a member of the team.

Field Yates tweeted that the Raiders can eat a portion of the salary like the Leonard Williams deal. If that’s the case, the Bills obviously pay a premium. A 2nd probably gets it done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Raiders have $27 million in cap space. They could always convert salary to a bonus and take the cap hit themselves. Now what kind of compensation would make them do that is another question.

Knox, Hollins, MVS, and others. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Field Yates tweeted that the Raiders can eat a portion of the salary like the Leonard Williams deal. If that’s the case, the Bills obviously pay a premium. A 2nd probably gets it done.

for a 2nd, all day.  

Also puts a no 2/3 CB on Shakir and Coleman

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

The price is a 2nd and more for them to "consider" it. If we're asking them to eat a bunch of the deal too, it would be even more than that.

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't have an issue with the compensation of a 2nd, we have an extra one.  I question he will be content and happy in our style of offense where he isn't being fed the ball constantly.   

good question/point/. I think we feed him the ball.  should be easy to get him 7 targets a game. 

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't have an issue with the compensation of a 2nd, we have an extra one.  I question he will be content and happy in our style of offense where he isn't being fed the ball constantly.   

if beane gave up one of our two's for this guy he should be fired on the spot.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Pushing all of the "will they, won't they" noise and opinion to the side...

I just have on question: Can the Bills financially afford to bring in Adams? Are there any realistic levers they can pull to fit him under their salary cap this year? As far as I can tell, his base salary is $16million this year. I'm not super tuned into all the nuances of player contracts, but that seems impossible for the Bills to pull off. 

32 years old. 

his cap hit is  $25m this year, $44m next year and $45m in 2026. 

Of course the Raiders want to trade that contract. 

nuf said, me thinks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

Just for reference.  

Unless LVR are willing to eat a lot of money, a 2nd round pick is too much especially for Buffalo looking at the Allen Chi trade. Just because Beane has a 2nd round pick doesn't mean he can just simply give it up... it does make it easier to give up a 4th (or 2) though. 

I am skeptical Buffalo will get rid of Diggs and his salary only to then trade that 2nd for Adams (who's older though just as good if not better) and his money months later. This was long term plan to reset the cap and build for Josh's next 5 years and honestly until Sunday blip the plan is working. 

I'd love to add Adams to complete the WR room this year but that is short term SB or bust pivot I don't see Buff doing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The price is a 2nd and more for them to "consider" it. If we're asking them to eat a bunch of the deal too, it would be even more than that.

You can ask for whatever you want but that doesn’t mean they’ll get it. That feels like the price. 

• Thank you (+1) 1