Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea I was a bit more 50/50 until I looked at the available wrs in free agency.  The ones that would realistically be available and are a little younger than davante are good but idk if they’re great.  Higgins will probably be a bidding war for a guy with a wr2 skill set.

Amari cooper is a free agent but he doesn’t have the ceiling davante does I don’t think.  Keenan Allen and Deandre Hopkins are davante Adams’ age anyway 

To pay out the money wr s want in FA right now, you'd BETTER NOT MISS!!! now more than ever a bad FA signing at WR, is about as much of a setback as a QB busting out from early Rd1.... and the only comparable positions that'll hurt you like that are bad FA QB & Pass Rushers. They're just eating such a huge % of cap.

Adams is a swing of the bat i can 100% live with. You have to supplement our WR position with FA, we can't accomplish our goals through the draft only at this point. Maybe if we'd started a few years ago

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He's disinterested because Cleveland is not giving him a contract extension and they tried to trade him as part of the Aiyuk deal. 

Watson is playing terrible but their Oline is decimated by injuries.  

Cooper is still elite and dirt cheap. If Browns lose this week to Eagles the fire sale may start.

Elite? Disagree. 

I posted these stats a few pages back that support the contrary to your point:

47 targets for 20-208-2td. 9 drops. 

#4 in targets
#57 in yards

Adams, the other talked about target, is #54 in targets but #56 in yards. 
Just as productive with significantly less targets in only 3 games opposed to Cooper’s 5. 

Those 9 drops Cooper is credited on the season so far are the same or more than 25 of the other 31 TEAMS in the NFL. 

I like Cooper and think he’d improve in this offense but so far he’s been very underwhelming this season in Cleveland. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sojourner said:

Elite? Disagree. 

I posted these stats a few pages back that support the contrary to your point:

47 targets for 20-208-2td. 9 drops. 

#4 in targets
#57 in yards

Adams, the other talked about target, is #54 in targets but #56 in yards. 
Just as productive with significantly less targets in only 3 games opposed to Cooper’s 5. 

Those 9 drops Cooper is credited on the season so far are the same or more than 25 of the other 31 TEAMS in the NFL. 

I like Cooper and think he’d improve in this offense but so far he’s been very underwhelming this season in Cleveland. 

No argument he has not been great this year. He had an 80+ yard TD called back for a hold which would make his stats look a lot better. Drops I don't think have been a chronic issue for him. He just needs a change of scenery. 

Plus he is a cheap one year rental that would be better than anyone on the team now. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No argument he has not been great this year. He had an 80+ yard TD called back for a hold which would make his stats look a lot better. Drops I don't think have been a chronic issue for him. He just needs a change of scenery. 

Plus he is a cheap one year rental that would be better than anyone on the team now. 

Im with you, Cleveland hasn’t been great but he has played a decent portion of that being the case. 

Maybe he’s seen enough of Watson, can’t be bothered and subconsciously, even though he’s stated otherwise, actually wants out of there. And like you said, a change of scenery would help both him and the team he might end up on I’m sure. 

Who would I rather as a fan the Bills acquire if they can? Adams, obviously. 

But going by whats been stated in this thread multiple times, the salary and draft compensation is going to be hefty given the Raiders stated intentions/desires. 

Cooper for a late round pick and salary is the better deal. 

Edited by Sojourner
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Im with you, Cleveland hasn’t been great but he has played a decent portion of that being the case. 

Maybe he’s seen enough of Watson, can’t be bothered and subconsciously, even though he’s stated otherwise, actually wants out of there. And like you said, a change of scenery would help both him and the team he might end up on I’m sure. 

Who would I rather as a fan the Bills acquire if they can? Adams, obviously. 

But going by whats been stated in this thread multiple times, the salary and draft compensation is going to be hefty given the Raiders stated intentions/desires. 

Cooper for a late round pick and salary is the better deal. 

It looks like Cooper's contract might be voidable after 2024. I'm not clear on all the cap implications there but that might provide more flexibility on any decisions with Amari beyond this season and with available money to spend on 2025 free agency.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

One of the things about the Diggs trade with the Vikings that I loved was the Bills stepping out of their conservative comfort zone to go after him. It was just something that this regime didnt really seem capable of doing. And it really worked out for the Bills and should have resulted in a SB if not for 13 seconds.  I guess the Von signing was another move that you could argue was like this but obviously went sideways. They desperately need to do something like this again to shake up the roster. Adams or Cooper, either one would be a huge boost and their presence on the field would not only be positive for Josh but open up opportunities for other receivers. I would love to see either here and I hope Beane has the wherewithal to do it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Road sodas:

yep, 4th in line. The longer the Adams saga plays out betters the chance Buff could get involved.  All about the money.

I did see one trade speculating that Pittsburg would trade Pickens as part of the deal.

Total speculation on my part but I wonder if Beane could be the 3rd party in a trade to get Pickens, 2nd to LV via Buff, Adams to Pitt. It would make financial sense for Buffalo to get a low cost young #1WR for a 2nd. Now I have doubts Pickens would fit McD culture but as a player fit it is tempting.    

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, K D said:

A pick and a player?

I could actually see Knox being traded.  I'm not really in favor of it as I think he is a solid player and just really not used as a pass catching TE suddenly.  He's been a very good red zone target for us.  I don't understand the usage change.  Only Shakir, Kincaid, Cook have been more reliable targets 

I think  2nd, 5th and player(s) for LV to eat some $ and us to free up some cap 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I could actually see Knox being traded.  I'm not really in favor of it as I think he is a solid player and just really not used as a pass catching TE suddenly.  He's been a very good red zone target for us.  I don't understand the usage change.  Only Shakir, Kincaid, Cook have been more reliable targets 

I think  2nd, 5th and player(s) for LV to eat some $ and us to free up some cap 

I think the last thing the Raiders need is another TE. They have Bowers and Mayer (a 1st and 2nd round pick respectively)

…then again, this is the Raiders we are talking about 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2