Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

When the Jets were looking to move on from Zach Wilson both JD and Saleh wanted Carr but were overruled by Woody Johnson. Johnson was the one who wanted Rodgers. If Rodgers wants Adams, then Johnson will tell JD to make it happen. It seems like JD is just a puppet GM at this point.

Oh yea I get the logic…but he might know he’s a dead man walking anyway and act a little more disgruntled 😂

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

The trade demand after he forced the franchise to make two coaching moves seems to be a bit erratic. 

Well, if this fan base goes by that logic it’s worth multiple firsts. 

Get him in and you get a good chance at a coaching change or new regime. 😝

• Haha (+1) 1

If I am Adams, I am resisting the Jets (if he has any say).

I know he had a good experience in Green Bay in the past, but Rodgers is clearly struggling physically.  There also seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty there among management and among the players that needs to play out.  Also factor in he is playing for a new contract and will have to play on that horrible turf for several games.

Almost any other team mentioned looks more appealing to me.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, K D said:

Lately he's been playing like P....

nevermind 😂 

He's disinterested because Cleveland is not giving him a contract extension and they tried to trade him as part of the Aiyuk deal. 

Watson is playing terrible but their Oline is decimated by injuries.  

Cooper is still elite and dirt cheap. If Browns lose this week to Eagles the fire sale may start.

18 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

"The sentiment now is that interest is contingent on Adams’ current evaluations of his prospect teams given the outcome of Week 5 games."

I'm assuming this means evaluations *THROUGH* the first 5 weeks, but how hilarious would it be if it was ONLY about week 5..... Adams would just stay home cause "we have Jets/Bills/Saints already at home" lol

9 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Davante for a 2025 2nd and a 2026 conditional 3rd, raiders eat cap space this year. Yes or no to that ?

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-davante-adams-espn-trade-proposal

31, almost 32 years old. Would have to renegotiate his deal and he basically holds all the leverage in that regard. I'm also not certain he puts us over the hump that gets us to the SB. That's a pass from me with that compensation. 

12 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Davante for a 2025 2nd and a 2026 conditional 3rd, raiders eat cap space this year. Yes or no to that ?

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-davante-adams-espn-trade-proposal

Not sure what the 2026 conditional 3rd would be dependent on, but I would at least consider the 2025 2nd if they can make the salary cap numbers work.  It’s essentially us trading Diggs for Adams at that point, aside from whatever their contract differences are beyond this season.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Personally, I believe Beane is ready to send a 2nd rounder IF the Raiders eat Adams' salary for this year. I also believe that the Raiders have no intention of eating his salary this year, primarily because it seems like they don't have to.

It feels to me like if the choice is between receiving a 3rd rounder and getting his salary off the books or receiving a 2nd and 5th rounder but having to eat his salary this year, the Raiders will choose the former. Mark Davis has -- to put it in polite terms -- a history of frugality. 

I wish they'd allow cash considerations as part of the deal. I don't think that'd set a bad precedent if it's in consideration of salary cap.

BB: You eat the cap hit on your books, here's a #2 and we'll float you the cash it takes to alleviate your (non cap related) financial concerns 

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

31, almost 32 years old. Would have to renegotiate his deal and he basically holds all the leverage in that regard. I'm also not certain he puts us over the hump that gets us to the SB. That's a pass from me with that compensation. 

Yea really comes down to if the person answering the question thinks we’re a wr away for sure..  idk how great free agency is though for wrs this year I wonder how much that factors in for beane. There’s quite a few available but one is damaged goods and a few aren’t what we’re looking for 

tee Higgins isn’t really a wr1 imo, ceedee resigned, no way they go diggs again lol, then you’re down to guys that I’m not sure are super sure things like Godwin and diontae Johnson or aging vets like Deandre Hopkins and Keenan Allen 

could draft multiple wrs but we’re realistically picking late-ish 1st again so I doubt that we’d hit on a player of that caliber but it’s possible 

if bishop turns out at least ok we may have plugged a decent amount of holes where maybe we could trade up.  Solomon and Carter have me optimistic 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea really comes down to if the person answering the question thinks we’re a wr away for sure..  idk how great free agency is though for wrs this year I wonder how much that factors in for beane. There’s quite a few available but one is damaged goods and a few aren’t what we’re looking for 

tee Higgins isn’t really a wr1 imo, ceedee resigned, no way they go diggs again lol, then you’re down to guys that I’m not sure are super sure things like Godwin and diontae Johnson or aging vets like Deandre Hopkins and Keenan Allen 

To me.... it's a player you really like, for a crap shoot draft pick, and (I'm my uneducated guess), at least semi cap friendly, especially in relation to type of player you're getting.

Anybody good with the cap numbers.... if Raiders eat all that dead cap, I'm assuming his remaining contract looks manageable for a future HOF guy, who's style has allowed him to age well. We're not talking about a Tyreek Skillset, he's a craftsmen of his routes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

If I am Adams, I am resisting the Jets (if he has any say).

I know he had a good experience in Green Bay in the past, but Rodgers is clearly struggling physically.  There also seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty there among management and among the players that needs to play out.  Also factor in he is playing for a new contract and will have to play on that horrible turf for several games.

Almost any other team mentioned looks more appealing to me.  

Can’t disagree with any of that but sometimes these players aren’t too bright and/or don’t actually give crap one.

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

To me.... it's a player you really like, for a crap shoot draft pick, and (I'm my uneducated guess), at least semi cap friendly, especially in relation to type of player you're getting.

Anybody good with the cap numbers.... if Raiders eat all that dead cap, I'm assuming his remaining contract looks manageable for a future HOF guy, who's style has allowed him to age well. We're not talking about a Tyreek Skillset, he's a craftsmen of his routes.

Yea I was a bit more 50/50 until I looked at the available wrs in free agency.  The ones that would realistically be available and are a little younger than davante are good but idk if they’re great.  Higgins will probably be a bidding war for a guy with a wr2 skill set.

Amari cooper is a free agent but he doesn’t have the ceiling davante does I don’t think.  Keenan Allen and Deandre Hopkins are davante Adams’ age anyway 

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Can’t disagree with any of that but sometimes these players aren’t too bright and/or don’t actually give crap one.

My somewhat conspiracy theory is he knows he’ll drum up interest from the bills too if he mentions that jets haha but that could be wishful thinking