Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

watch him not even be traded after all this fuss

call Seattle and beg for Metcalf

I feel like that’s usually what happens lol. Raiders have to be pretty upset the way the last week went down, jets are a complete unknown now and saints losing Carr could effect their interest 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Seems like the Bills are unlikely at this point- Here is an update from Jeremy Fowler 

The weird part about the Saints supposedly being the favorites is that it was just reported that Derek Carr is likely to miss multiple weeks with an oblique injury.

This would be the second time that Adams gets traded to a team to play with Derek Carr and then doesn't actually really get to play with him.

Sometimes I find player priorities so confusing. The Jets I kind of understand because they're a game out of first and have the man at QB with whom Adams has had the most success in his career. But the SAINTS? Why would Adams want to catch passes for Jake Haener or Spencer Rattler for four weeks while the Saints struggle to hover around .500? It's just strange.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

The weird part about the Saints supposedly being the favorites is that it was just reported that Derek Carr is likely to miss multiple weeks with an oblique injury.

This would be the second time that Adams gets traded to a team to play with Derek Carr and then doesn't actually really get to play with him.

Sometimes I find player priorities so confusing. The Jets I kind of understand because they're a game out of first and have the man at QB with whom Adams has had the most success in his career. But the SAINTS? Why would Adams want to catch passes for Jake Haener or Spencer Rattler for four weeks while the Saints struggle to hover around .500? It's just strange.

Depends how long Carr is out for, but aren't they best friends dating back years and years now?

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Depends how long Carr is out for, but aren't they best friends dating back years and years now?

Yes. I get that part of it. But based on the report below, Carr could miss several weeks, and the Saints are ALREADY just 2-3 and in a tough division.

By the time Carr comes back, the Saints could be out of it. So unless Adams is already thinking about next year or doesn't view winning a championship as a priority, it still seems like a weird move. 

I was not a proponent of the idea of trading for Adams -- really did not give it much thought because I just never really saw it happening. But I keep having flashbacks to all of those targets that Hollins received in Houston, and wondering what a difference it would have made (especially in a close game) if it was Adams receiving those targets!

So many moving pieces here. A few days ago Adams reportedly said he would be willing to go to the Bills, so I don't think his preference for playing with one of his former QBs precludes him from going to Buffalo.

I have maintained all along that the 2 biggest holdups to making the trade happen are: the $ and the team's philosophy. That said, Beane showed that he is willing to shift gears in terms of paying aging veterans when he signed Von Miller prior to 2002. But the $ and salary cap restrictions remain a real concern. I am not sure that they can reasonably take on Adams contract without the Raiders picking up a sizeable portion of it -- at least for 2024. The latest reports indicate that the Raiders are not willing to do that -- but will higher draft compensation tempt them to do so?

I for one would be willing to "overpay" in terms of draft capital (a 2nd round pick +) if it means getting the Raiders to do what is necessary to fit Adams under the Bills' cap and play in Buffalo for at least 2024 and 2025.

Just now, 2003Contenders said:

I have maintained all along that the 2 biggest holdups to making the trade happen are: the $ and the team's philosophy. 

I for one would be willing to "overpay" in terms of draft capital (a 2nd round pick +) if it means getting the Raiders to do what is necessary to fit Adams under the Bills' cap and play in Buffalo for at least 2024 and 2025.

Personally, I believe Beane is ready to send a 2nd rounder IF the Raiders eat Adams' salary for this year. I also believe that the Raiders have no intention of eating his salary this year, primarily because it seems like they don't have to.

It feels to me like if the choice is between receiving a 3rd rounder and getting his salary off the books or receiving a 2nd and 5th rounder but having to eat his salary this year, the Raiders will choose the former. Mark Davis has -- to put it in polite terms -- a history of frugality. 

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

I was not a proponent of the idea of trading for Adams -- really did not give it much thought because I just never really saw it happening. But I keep having flashbacks to all of those targets that Hollins received in Houston, and wondering what a difference it would have made (especially in a close game) if it was Adams receiving those targets!

So many moving pieces here. A few days ago Adams reportedly said he would be willing to go to the Bills, so I don't think his preference for playing with one of his former QBs precludes him from going to Buffalo.

I have maintained all along that the 2 biggest holdups to making the trade happen are: the $ and the team's philosophy. That said, Beane showed that he is willing to shift gears in terms of paying aging veterans when he signed Von Miller prior to 2002. But the $ and salary cap restrictions remain a real concern. I am not sure that they can reasonably take on Adams contract without the Raiders picking up a sizeable portion of it -- at least for 2024. The latest reports indicate that the Raiders are not willing to do that -- but will higher draft compensation tempt them to do so?

If they think they’re a wr away and it’s the type of guy they would’ve picked up in the offseason via free agency anyway I could definitely see beane making a wr move. 

he’s gotta be kickin himself not beating out the rams in the von trade in 2021.  Yea you give up future assets but in hindsight that’s probably a Super Bowl win if he pulled the trigger.  Von was a beast in the playoffs that year and was great for us up until that fateful knee injury 

I think we’re probably a big-ish splash wr away but idk that beane does. Mild reshuffling on the oline and a few new faces at skill positions could cause a slower than usual start and the defense could be good/great when taron returns is my logic 

there’s too many defensive players stepping up to not roll the dice on a deal you like at wr 

Jets are all in with Rodgers. If he wants Adams, they will make it happen. I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up there. The owner just fired the head coach for Rodgers, they will do whatever it takes to make him happy

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Even if Adams does get traded to the Jets it looks like the Bills wouldn't have to face him.

Jeremy Fowler on X: "#Raiders WR Davante Adams (hamstring) is not expected to play this week vs. #Steelers, per sources. https://t.co/RYTHZuCIkb" / X

I'd be more reassured if it said "is not expected to play this week vs the Bills, per sources." He's apparently fine but he's never playing a down again for LV.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, K D said:

Jets are all in with Rodgers. If he wants Adams, they will make it happen. I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up there. The owner just fired the head coach for Rodgers, they will do whatever it takes to make him happy

It’s such a weird situation over there because Joe Douglas is probably on salehs side I’d think.  Is he out this offseason now?  Does that make him more or less likely to trade for Adams? I genuinely don’t know 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s such a weird situation over there because Joe Douglas is probably on salehs side I’d think.  Is he out this offseason now?  Does that make him more or less likely to trade for Adams? I genuinely don’t know 

When the Jets were looking to move on from Zach Wilson both JD and Saleh wanted Carr but were overruled by Woody Johnson. Johnson was the one who wanted Rodgers. If Rodgers wants Adams, then Johnson will tell JD to make it happen. It seems like JD is just a puppet GM at this point.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I'd be more reassured if it said "is not expected to play this week vs the Bills, per sources." He's apparently fine but he's never playing a down again for LV.

Let's run this back a bit. Last year, Adams (along with Maxx Crosby and Josh Jacobs) led the charge that got Josh McDaniels fired. He also led the charge to give Pierce the permanent job. Now, he refuses to play for the coach that he insisted the franchise hire? 

5 minutes ago, Success said:

If we're not in on Adams, I sure hope we're in on Cooper.

It's fun to chant "Coooooop" too.

Lately he's been playing like P....

nevermind 😂 

• Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

watch him not even be traded after all this fuss

call Seattle and beg for Metcalf

FA in 2025. Njigba 2026. 

Might be tough to get him for anything less than a 1st. Wouldn’t be opposed but you’d like to get a contract extension if you do trade for him. 

Furthermore, would Seattle even get rid of him given the way that division is right now? They look like a decent bet to make the playoffs. Removing DK drastically hurts that offense and probability of a post season you would think?

5 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Let's run this back a bit. Last year, Adams (along with Maxx Crosby and Josh Jacobs) led the charge that got Josh McDaniels fired. He also led the charge to give Pierce the permanent job. Now, he refuses to play for the coach that he insisted the franchise hire? 

It's more like the Raiders don't want him to play either. The last they want is for him to get injured.