Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

13 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Bob Lemon won a World series in 1978 after Billy Martin got fired (with a 52-42 record), but that's the best I can come up with. Nothing in the NFL.

MLB is different. You got around 160 games a year. By the time you cut your losses with a manager you have enough time or games to redeem the season if need be. 

Most NFL teams who can their head coach in season have already gone through a third to half of the season. At that point it’s usually as the result of a very poor record that you just don’t have enough time or talent to turn around and make a post season. 

Jets are in a position where they have the talent and aren’t too far in the hole to make the post season and have a chance at a run. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Jets should he looking to upgrade the O-line, not WR but hey more power to them using assets on Adams

Was surprised the Bhakitari move never materialized but the Tyron Smith & Morgan Moses might be what they would have gotten anyway, minus the Rogers connection. 

Aside from a trade the only real options on the FA market seem to be DJ Humphries and Cameron Fleming. The latter looked absolute cooked the handful of snaps he got in Denver last season. 

Let’s hope they worry more about what is more of a luxury and not the necessity which in turn causes the wheels to continue falling off. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Jets should he looking to upgrade the O-line, not WR but hey more power to them using assets on Adams

It's almost impossible to integrate new OL pieces mid-season. They have to work as a unit, and it takes an offseason and a few games for them to gel. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

There is nothing in breaking news other than Kay Adams interview with Davante was cancelled this morning.  Rumors only.  I’m in the camp of wait and see.  If true, that’s great news.  If fake news, I’m not getting all worked up as this will come out today at some point if a deal was done by the Raiders and any other team.

I know posting myself, but an extension of my earlier post.  One has a lot of time when hunkered down for a Cat 4 hurricane.  Side note, Tampa hasn’t had a direct hit in over 130 years.  Charlie scared us in 04 p, but it broke south to Port Charlotte 40 minutes before landfall.  So this is my first in 30 years when I left Buffalo.

Anyway, my add is now that Salah was fired this morning from the Jests, will Adams really still want to go to NY?  Beane just has to listen to the noise in the fanbase is so sick over his decisions on WR.

33 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't believe an interim head coach has ever won a Super Bowl.

Granted, there's a first time for everything, but if the goal is "do everything possible to win big this year", I don't see how firing the head coach six weeks into the season moves you closer to that goal. For that matter, I don't see how it moves you closer to the goal for NEXT YEAR, either. Getting a head start on a coaching search is one thing, but this is just ridiculous.

It just smells to me like desperation from a bad owner, and like a QB winning a power struggle against his head coach.

Generally good teams don't fire their coach midseason.  So that is probably why it hasn't happened before (although I havent checked if it even has).  

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I know posting myself, but an extension of my earlier post.  One has a lot of time when hunkered down for a Cat 4 hurricane.  Side note, Tampa hasn’t had a direct hit in over 130 years.  Charlie scared us in 04 p, but it broke south to Port Charlotte 40 minutes before landfall.  So this is my first in 30 years when I left Buffalo.

Anyway, my add is now that Salah was fired this morning from the Jests, will Adams really still want to go to NY?  Beane just has to listen to the noise in the fanbase is so sick over his decisions on WR.

For all we know is maybe Saleh didn't want Adam's and Roger's went to Woody with an ultimatum lol.

Edited by Dafan

There are some people on X saying he is coming to the Bills, but I trust them as much as I trust Nathan Peterman to win an NFL MVP and not even going to bother posting the tweets. 

Personally, it still feels like it's going to be the Jets even with the HC change.  The one takeaway though for me is that if the Bills were legitimately interested in getting Adams but he still lands with the Jets, then you would think that would make us players for someone else like say Cooper as well.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Right there with you.  Irma, Ian, Idalia, Debbie, Helene, now Milton.  Starting to get real old, real fast. Stay safe.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There are some people on X saying he is coming to the Bills, but I trust them as much as I trust Nathan Peterman to win an NFL MVP and not even going to bother posting the tweets. 

Personally, it still feels like it's going to be the Jets even with the HC change.  The one takeaway though for me is that if the Bills were legitimately interested in getting Adams but he still lands with the Jets, then you would think that would make us players for someone else like say Cooper as well.  

My pick would be the Bills getting Cooper … definitely second prize… but much easier to acquire that contract …

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

My pick would be the Bills getting Cooper … definitely second prize… but much easier to acquire that contract …

The Chiefs will trade for somebody with Rice out for the year. I think that they will pursue Cooper.  We might have to overpay because if the compensation is roughly equal, the Browns might let Cooper choose his destination. I think that we all know how that will go.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

nfl-memes-week-5-6.jpg?attachment_cache_

I'm not so sure Adams is no longer interested in either.

The appeal to him is reuniting with one of his former QB's and showing the league that he's still that dude by playing with someone he already has chemistry with.

With his contract having zero guarantees beyond this season, he'd either be making the insane bank he's scheduled to make bc the Jets or Saints want to keep him or he hits the market with an improved stock after reuniting with Rodgers or Carr and telling the Jets or Saints to "take it or leave it" with his current contract.

I'm pretty sure he knew both teams aren't going to go anywhere this season. That's not why I envision he wanted to go to either place. If anything, I'd imagine it would make the Jets more desirable with Rodgers having more influence.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Cooper is a better choice any how, IMHO. 

26 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Salary and draft pick wise, absolutely. 

Watching Cleveland games this season he’s had the target but the catching/production hasn’t followed suit. 

Watson hasn’t been great but Coop hasn’t done much to help himself either. 

That’s not to advocate staying away from him, just point out a fact. 

47 targets for 20-208-2td. 9 drops. 

#4 in targets. (Adams #54, 2 fewer games)
#57 in yards. (Adams #56, 2 fewer games)

Edited by Sojourner
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Adams is the superior player though.  Cooper is a guy who throughout his career has a couple monster games that really help his season totals where he puts up a quarter of his production in those couple of games and then disappears for a lot of other games.  He also drops more passes than people think.  And in a lot of ways, his seasons are similar to how Gabe Davis seasons used to go...too many bad drops, a couple big games, and a lot of meh and disappearing other weeks.  

Don't get me wrong, Cooper is obviously a better player than Davis, but the inconsistency is similarly frustrating with Cooper.  That being said, Cooper still upgrades this team for sure, so if we are going to add someone and miss out on Adams, he is an obvious option.  But Adams would be the more impactful player IMHO who is still a top 5 WR.  Adams is also IMHO a lot more competitive and plays with more intensity and fire.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2