Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

Thought a little bit about why this is dragging out and came up with a couple of scenarios:

A.) The asking price is too high and/or there is a bidding war. Raiders may be analyzing all their options as to what is best for them as well.

B.) Bills took a serious look and, kind of related to (A.) above, the front office believes that even with a trade for Adams, there isn't enough talent on the rest of the roster to put them over the top. The move would just hurt them more down the road in a season where they can't win a Superbowl anyway.

13 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Thought a little bit about why this is dragging out and came up with a couple of scenarios:

A.) The asking price is too high and/or there is a bidding war. Raiders may be analyzing all their options as to what is best for them as well.

B.) Bills took a serious look and, kind of related to (A.) above, the front office believes that even with a trade for Adams, there isn't enough talent on the rest of the roster to put them over the top. The move would just hurt them more down the road in a season where they can't win a Superbowl anyway.

I like where you are going but if scenario B is a reality then we have a problem. 

There is plenty talent on this roster. If the FO is telling themselves that an above average roster with a superstar QB isn’t good enough then they shouldn’t be making any more decisions. You have no idea how long you have a QB as talented as Josh. You do everything in your power to make moves that correlate to winning. 

Safety and WR are our biggest issues. The other is pass rusher but that is too rich a premium with very few quality ones in the league as it is. 

There’s injured players and then the suspended Von. 

IMHO, doing nothing to address either of those 2 position groups is hurting more than any move that fails out. 

At this point go get him.  AFC is all over the place, the defense can hold its own.  If the D can keep playing like it has 4 of the 5 weeks (and it’s getting healthier) then the maybe an all in move like Adams can move the needle.  

After Ravens game I wasn’t sure, the D and the whole team was flat and a train wreck.  But D bounced back and offense and Allen regressed.  

Adam’s and Shakir would be a great duo and Coleman couldn’t have a better WR to learn from as Adams isn’t really faster than Coleman and is the kind of player Coleman aspires to be.  So should help the kids development.  

Im officially back in on Adams as I wanted him bad the last 2 years, but then wasn’t keen on him this year with him being older and wasn’t sure he fit what the offense was doing first 3 weeks.  But after the past 2 weeks the offense showed it could use him and D showed me this week it can be good enough if the offense can be better.  

Still skeptical it will be us, but I’m now hoping it is us again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I think that the Saleh move screams Jets for Adams. It sounds like this was all Woody Johnson. They are in a place where they have 2 years (ish) to win a Super Bowl. We are only 5 games into the 1st of those 2ish years and it’s not going well. They can’t just address it in the offseason. They will lose half of their window. They have to pull the trigger on any/every “win now” move(s). Saleh was just the most recent domino to fall. I doubt he’s the last one. Future be damned for the J-E-T-S

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Agree 5

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the Saleh move screams Jets for Adams. It sounds like this was all Woody Johnson. They are in a place where they have 2 years (ish) to win a Super Bowl. We are only 5 games into the 1st of those 2ish years and it’s not going well. They can’t just address it in the offseason. They will lose half of their window. They have to pull the trigger on any/every “win now” move(s). Saleh was just the most recent domino to fall. I doubt he’s the last one. Future be damned for the J-E-T-S

I don't understand what the Jets play is here if your theory is correct. How does their DC taking over as head coach better prepare them to introduce Davante Adams into the room and increase their odds of winning a Super Bowl? Maybe this is all Rodgers engineering exactly what he wants to happen and Woody Johnson is just submitting to his will because he has too much invested in him not to. It just seems like if you're going all in on a one year window you can't fire the head coach at 2-3.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I don't understand what the Jets play is here if your theory is correct. How does their DC taking over as head coach better prepare them to introduce Davante Adams into the room and increase their odds of winning a Super Bowl? Maybe this is all Rodgers engineering exactly what he wants to happen and Woody Johnson is just submitting to his will because he has too much invested in him not to. It just seems like if you're going all in on a one year window you can't fire the head coach at 2-3.

Anything from your sources Happy?

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The interview with Rich Eisen (above) is pretty interesting. He says midway through that from what he's hearing Rodgers and Adams have apparently talking literally every day. And he also brought up the two runs up the middle on 3rd and 4th down that got completely stoned, which may well have been Saleh saying "run it" and Rodgers becoming furious. It's a sh*tshow in a sense, but I can see Adams being more likely now than before.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't believe an interim head coach has ever won a Super Bowl.

Granted, there's a first time for everything, but if the goal is "do everything possible to win big this year", I don't see how firing the head coach six weeks into the season moves you closer to that goal. For that matter, I don't see how it moves you closer to the goal for NEXT YEAR, either. Getting a head start on a coaching search is one thing, but this is just ridiculous.

It just smells to me like desperation from a bad owner, and like a QB winning a power struggle against his head coach.

• Agree 5

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't believe an interim head coach has ever won a Super Bowl.

Granted, there's a first time for everything, but if the goal is "do everything possible to win big this year", I don't see how firing the head coach six weeks into the season moves you closer to that goal. For that matter, I don't see how it moves you closer to the goal for NEXT YEAR, either. Getting a head start on a coaching search is one thing, but this is just ridiculous.

It just smells to me like desperation from a bad owner, and like a QB winning a power struggle against his head coach.

Bob Lemon won a World series in 1978 after Billy Martin got fired (with a 52-42 record), but that's the best I can come up with. Nothing in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It reeks of desperation. If they think Saleh is the reason, you don’t care who is next. You’re on the “anybody but him” train.