Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

If I ran the Raiders I would have my people start leaking stories that Rodgers is unhappy with the jets personnel and really wants a reunion with Adams and how he thinks he is the missing piece.  

I would have little stuff like this everyday putting the squeeze on Joe Douglas.  If the perception becomes that Rodgers is unhappy with the front office when he already does not really respect the head coach Douglas may end up engaging them in talks and over paying.  He is a really terrible General Manager whose job is hanging in the balance.  

You may not have to leak stories. Could be some truth to it.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/30/sports/boomer-esiason-major-issue-between-aaron-rodgers-robert-saleh/

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Too eerily similar to the Diggs situation:

Over 30? Check

Large Contract? Check

Disgruntled? Check

No way the Bills pursue him.

I wouldn't mind a WR upgrade but he turns 32 this December. That's reason for pause for me unless it's only a one-year deal and for a lower draft pick. 

I don't want to burn a third or second on an aging WR.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

That's the prevailing thought but is WR really a need for them? They have a #1 in Garrett Wilson (I know his chemistry with Rodgers hasn't fully developed yet, but still) and paid good money for Mike Williams. They need offensive line, offensive line, and more offensive line.

At the rate things are going now, Saleh and Douglas are getting fired at the end of the season.   Even if they make it into the playoffs, the expectation was championships since the Rodgers signing.  

if Raiders are serious about tradings Adams, I have no doubt that he ends up on the Jets

I think Adams is one of the best WR's in football...but...are the Bills going to bring in someone who has complained about his lack of involvement during wins?  A guy who keeps throwing his helmet and showing frustration on the sidelines more than Diggs ever did here?  Maybe Adams would be on his best behavior here to be back with a stud QB like Allen, and I wouldn't be upset if we got him.  But feels like a weird trade target given we just paid $31M to trade away a guy who created tension over his role in the offense that want's to feature everyone rather than focus on a primary receiver.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/10/19/raiders-davante-adams-frustrated-by-role-despite-win-over-patriots-

Again, I wouldn't be mad if Adams wound up on this team, I mean we all want a SB and bring on whoever helps us get there.  But just not sure they are going to see him as the right fit for the locker room and philosophy.  But man is still a beast on the field

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Pushing all of the "will they, won't they" noise and opinion to the side...

I just have on question: Can the Bills financially afford to bring in Adams? Are there any realistic levers they can pull to fit him under their salary cap this year? As far as I can tell, his base salary is $16million this year. I'm not super tuned into all the nuances of player contracts, but that seems impossible for the Bills to pull off. 

I agree if they bring in a massive contract after letting go of all of those players to get the CAP right I would question what they were thinking.. I know we lost, but we are 3-1 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think Adams is one of the best WR's in football...but...are the Bills going to bring in someone who has complained about his lack of involvement during wins?  A guy who keeps throwing his helmet and showing frustration on the sidelines more than Diggs ever did here?  Maybe Adams would be on his best behavior here to be back with a stud QB like Allen, and I wouldn't be upset if we got him.  But feels like a weird trade target given we just paid $31M to trade away a guy who created tension over his role in the offense that want's to feature everyone rather than focus on a primary receiver.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/10/19/raiders-davante-adams-frustrated-by-role-despite-win-over-patriots-

Again, I wouldn't be mad if Adams wound up on this team, I mean we all want a SB and bring on whoever helps us get there.  But just not sure they are going to see him as the right fit for the locker room and philosophy.  But man is still a beast on the field

I can't imagine any scenario where Buffalo would even be interested.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

No thanks. Draft and develop your own receivers. You never see KC making big splash trades like this, and they have had just as many issues with WR talent. They sign cheap guys and draft to develop.

Let the perennial losing teams make the big splash trades.

Yeah, so far we're doing a stellar job of developing Samuel, Hollins and MVS?  I'm so sick of going "garage sale" on wrs.  We were willing to make a big time defensive splash on Von and that didn't pan out like we hoped. Besides Diggs (who became a cancer), name me 1 big splash offensive player we've acquired since drafting Josh.  Give your generational superstar the player he deserves, before he's too old.

16 minutes ago, Gregg said:

You may not have to leak stories. Could be some truth to it.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/30/sports/boomer-esiason-major-issue-between-aaron-rodgers-robert-saleh/

I absolutely believe this. It certainly seems like Rodgers has contempt for Saleh. 

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Is the issue him feeling like he's not getting his receptions or that he's on a terrible franchise with bad qbs slinging it to him? Jimmy G, who has not had a terrible career by any stretch, was absolutely terrible last season and missed him on throws repeatedly. Maybe he just wants to win?

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

If I ran the Raiders I would have my people start leaking stories that Rodgers is unhappy with the jets personnel and really wants a reunion with Adams and how he thinks he is the missing piece.  

One phone call to 1-800-WOODY J would save you a lot of work. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

I'd love to see the Bills do this but I need to know what the cap implications would be. You'd think any team would be up against the cap at this point in the season so maybe the Raiders are willing to eat some of his salary to push the trade through? Can his future cap hits be reduced with a restructure or extension?

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I absolutely believe this. It certainly seems like Rodgers has contempt for Saleh. 

Is the issue him feeling like he's not getting his receptions or that he's on a terrible franchise with bad qbs slinging it to him? Jimmy G, who has not had a terrible career by any stretch, was absolutely terrible last season and missed him on throws repeatedly. Maybe he just wants to win?

Thats the hope if you trade for him of course...but after getting rid of feed me the ball energy of Diggs, not sure Adams fits the locker room.  What happens in a game like the Ravens game is happening and Adams has 4 targets because we are losing up front and the offense is out of rhythm again?  Is he going to start complaining on the sidelines and showing frustration again like he does almost every game with the Raiders?  That is the concern I think with him, if he isn't being fed the ball and we are struggling what does he do then?

Again, I wouldn't hate him coming here, I even advocated for him last year.  But this years approach is different, and not sure a guy like him isn't going to be the right fit as he will always feel he needs to be fed the ball.  Which is fine if that is what you are pivoting to as an offense, but there is a case to be made that Josh is better not feeling the pressure to force a ball to someone.  

Id consider a 2 or 3, but it would have to come with significant salary cap considerations from the raiders for me to give up that much. They aren’t exactly dealing from a position of strength here. Guy wants out and his age, salaries, and cap hits suck.