Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Raiders would have to eat his salary this year because we don't have the cap space but I imagine we'd have to pay extra in draft picks for that.

Dead cap hits of 15 mil in 25 and just shy of 8 mil in 2026. 

Edit: Apparently those dead cap numbers apply to the Raiders and whoever trades for him can simply cut him after this year with no dead cap money. 

Someone can correct that though.

Eat most of his salary for this year.  I have read that we have about $3M in cap space at the moment, so we could technically use a bit of that if those numbers are true.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Gunna be waiting a long time for the bowl cut that owns the Raiders to eat that money ,,, 

He won’t be coming here …

Unless someone is willing to eat the salary, he's just eating it anyway week by week.  

Schefter reported on McAfee that the Jets/Adams connection has cooled since their loss in London.  

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Unless someone is willing to eat the salary, he's just eating it anyway week by week.  

Schefter reported on McAfee that the Jets/Adams connection has cooled since their loss in London.  

Surely Aaron will get the Jets to make an offer for his bud?

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I expect he's a Jet, Saint, Commander or Steeler 

Jet or Saint was it all along imo. Commanders due to being able to eat the contract and give up a pick like NYJ. 

We need someone of quality that much is for sure. Wasn’t against it, wasn’t totally for it prior to Sunday. After no Shakir, who probably can easily be removed with the right game plan, there needs to be some for of reinforcements. 

An Amari Cooper, Deandre Hopkins or Tyler Boyd wouldn’t be a bad option if their teams are willing to part ways with them. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Shame we couldn't have stolen a win yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I thought that the Raiders recently had some cash flow issues.  If true, I don't think they will want to eat any part of his salary for 2024.

I also think it's unlikely. Don't believe the owner has ever done so.  

How much $ can the Bills still free up by restructuring a few players

What if Von was traded, would that free up any space ?

Edited by Warriorspikes51

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I also think it's unlikely. Don't believe the owner has ever done so.  

How much $ can the Bills still free up by restructuring a few players

What if Von was traded, would that free up any space ?

Probably not, but im not trading him. hes healthy, pissed off, and fully dependent on incentives to get paid.  if we were to make a run, its because we get better with a trade, and Von plays with his hair on fire.... 100% believe he does stilll

Adams is almost 32 and after this season has $35M base salaries each of the next 2 seasons.  Pass.  It's likely remaining season rental.  Pass.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

An Amari Cooper, Deandre Hopkins or Tyler Boyd wouldn’t be a bad option if their teams are willing to part ways with them. 

No thanks on Tyler Boyd.  Cooper or Hopkins would be great.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It basically just comes down to LV pulling their head out of the sand and accepting a realistic offer. If it's true that they're not willing to eat any money under any circumstances then this isn't a realistic option for us. I'd like to think an offer of a 2nd round pick when no other team is offering that would be enough to get them to make concessions on the money.

If they are offering a 2nd Round pick … which one do you give them? The Vikings pick is looking like it will be lower than the Bills own pick at the moment …. I don’t think too many saw that coming ..

Anyway … I still think Bowl Cut would prefer to take a lower pick to save money …