Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

At minimum, you’d think they’d use Samuel on the old Cole Beasley crossing routes. those were Josh’s bread and butter. 

The issue is Cole Beasley played like a rabid dog and gave maximum effort.   From what I saw of Samuel yesterday, he runs his route, then gives up on the play.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

Adams is already 32 and his cap hits in 2025 and 2026 are 44 and 45 million. 

I'm not really as thrilled about this idea as others are. 

Okay, we'll go through this again

Raiders eat the majority of his salary this year.    His $ in those years is not guaranteed

like HOU did with Diggs, we can agree to let him become a UFA at end of season 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Moss led the league in TDs 2 of his 3 years in New England. Lol, he had 1500 yards and 23 (yes 23) TD catches one year. 

And he was open on Brady's final failed bomb in that SB. He scored the go-ahead TD two minutes earlier too. The Pats lost that game because early in the fourth BB decided to go for it on 4th and 12 from the Giants 31 instead of kicking a FG. It failed, and they lost by 3. They didn't lose because of Randy Moss. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Okay, we'll go through this again

Raiders eat the majority of his salary this year.    His $ in those years is not guaranteed

like HOU did with Diggs, we can agree to let him become a UFA at end of season 

Raiders would have to eat his salary this year because we don't have the cap space but I imagine we'd have to pay extra in draft picks for that.

Dead cap hits of 15 mil in 25 and just shy of 8 mil in 2026. 

Edit: Apparently those dead cap numbers apply to the Raiders and whoever trades for him can simply cut him after this year with no dead cap money. 

Someone can correct that though.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

well....we are waiting Beane 

Waiting GIF

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Raiders would have to eat his salary this year because we don't have the cap space but I imagine we'd have to pay extra in draft picks for that.

Just freaking do it already.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Waiting GIF

Just freaking do it already.

I still very much doubt it happens.

Jets, Saints, Steelers, Commanders all seem more likely IMO 

& if he goes to KC, just fold the league I'm done with sports 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

That is what has been discussed. It will mean that you’ll pay a premium for him. You probably have to go up at least a round or add another asset to get them to agree to pay it. As an example a 3 might become a 2 or you add someone like Elam. 

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think Hopkins is most likely followed by Cooper and then Adams.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That is what has been discussed. It will mean that you’ll pay a premium for him. You probably have to go up at least a round or add another asset to get them to agree to pay it. As an example a 3 might become a 2 or you add someone like Elam. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think Hopkins is most likely followed by Cooper and then Adams.

I will gladly take any.   I think Cooper might be the most realistic 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/DA1L_-bJnqQ/?igsh=MXZkenU0eTE3bzBwdw==

I can't say for sure how legitimate this account is, just passing along the info they posted. The account has 54K followers but there are a lot of bogus NFL rumor accounts out there so it take it with a grain of salt.

The Bills and Steelers are intensifying trade talks this week for Raiders receiver Davante Adams, per team sources. While the Jets have been seen as the frontrunners, it’s trending upwards that Buffalo or Pittsburgh could outbid New York. Adams has expressed interest in reuniting with former QB Aaron Rodgers, but after the Jets’ loss in London, things may have shifted. Despite all three teams losing this week, the Bills and Steelers are emerging as more appealing destinations than the Jets to Adams. Trade discussions are heating up, and a deal could be finalized in the coming days.

Initially, Vegas was asking for a second-round pick, but from what I’m hearing, they’ll likely settle for something closer to a third or fourth-round pick. There could be additional players and picks involved in the trade package, but it’s unlikely the Raiders will walk away with a second-rounder.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I can't say for sure how legitimate this account is, just passing along the info they posted. The account has 54K followers but there are a lot of bogus NFL rumor accounts out there so it take it with a grain of salt.

I'd give up a 3rd in a heartbeat for Adams.  I'd give up a 2nd if they took on all or most of his contract.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

& if he goes to KC, just fold the league I'm done with sports 

I doubt he goes to the Chiefs. Al Davis had one absolute rule in regards to trades. You never trade within the division. I don't know if it's trickled down to Mark, but I would bet it has.

• Agree 1

So does KJ Hamler get a call up from PS now if Shakir is still down for MON Night vs Jets>?  Hamler is probably the fastest WR on the Bills and can play out of the slot.  Unlike Shavers, not a gunner but if Rapp and Edwards are ready, Lewis could play gunner.  

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah, I mean so much of what is put out is bogus or for clicks, but at least you like to see a decent amount of followers, so still worth posting so thanks.

I mean after Sunday (and the Ravens game), any news connecting us to Adams, another WR, or even Budda Baker will all make sense to where I am sure lots of posts are gonna keep popping up linking us to them.

At this point, I am fine going to get Adams, I wanted him the last 2 years.  My main concern for him this year was 2 fold...one, does he move the needle enough to make giving up a good draft pick for a half year rental...as in, does he make us a legit SB contender or not.  And that is still a bit hard to tell, but no doubt he should improve our offense.  And the next was will he be OK if he isn't force fed the ball.  But after the hot 3 week start, I think that is less a concern now after we haven't been able to spread the ball around as effectively against stiffer competition, so he should still get enough targets to keep him happy.

But...still not convinced we will make the best offer to the Raiders.  Other teams would not require the Raiders to eat as much salary either.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

There was also a report that the Raiders would of course prefer not to eat salary.  Not sure what the Steelers cap situation is

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

There was also a report that the Raiders would of course prefer not to eat salary.  Not sure what the Steelers cap situation is

$10-12m depending one where you pull the data from. 

• Like (+1) 1