Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Gronkowski is arguably the best tight end in league history.

That’s true.

And lost in the screaming about WR is our massive investment at TE.

The lack of use has been mind boggling and just more examples of a disconnect between player acquisition and usage.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Guys like Gronk, Moss, Edelman, Welker were a hell of a lot better than what Allen is working with this year. 

They never won with Moss.  And you can’t possibly think guys like Edelman and Welker would have been nearly as good without Brady.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Andrew Son said:

They never won with Moss.  And you can’t possibly think guys like Edelman and Welker would have been nearly as good without Brady.

I am not saying having Brady as the QB didn't help them. I am sure it did as Brady is the GOAT. But still Edelman and Welker were better than what the Bills have right now at WR.

Just now, Gregg said:

I am not saying having Brady as the QB didn't help them. I am sure it did as Brady is the GOAT. But still Edelman and Welker were better than what the Bills have right now at WR.

Probably so, especially when Shakir is not out there.

and this build clearly makes no sense if we are not going to use Kincaid as a volume target 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Totally disagree. It was a badly placed ball. It needs to be on the inside shoulder. Hollins isn’t good, but that one wasn’t on him.

Dave - I don't want to bog down the thread with a play that has already been analyzed to death, but I think you are just wrong about this one.

Hollins for whatever reason panicked and started looking for the ball in the air way too eary. He needed to just keep running his route and would have easily gotten to the ball in perfect stride and walked in for a TD.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, HappyDays said:

After today's horror show I would give them both our 2nds in exchange for them retaining salary. Before anyone says that's an overpayment, here is the full list of 2nd round picks under Beane's tenure:

Cody Ford - bust

AJ Epenesa - JAG

Boogie Basham - bust

James Cook - very good player but just a RB

O'Cyrus Torrence - worst player on our OL right now, plays a non-impact position

Cole Bishop - still TBD but was flat out bad today and plays a non-impact position

I would give up any random combination of two of these players in exchange for even just a half season rental of Adams.

What are we waiting for? Allen is about to be a lot more expensive within two seasons so the degree of difficulty for Beane is only going up, and the top tier of the NFL may have never been worse than it is now. Stop screwing around with this laughable group of WRs. We have an elite QB in his prime years.

What does JAG mean

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Dave - I don't want to bog down the thread with a play that has already been analyzed to death, but I think you are just wrong about this one.

Hollins for whatever reason panicked and started looking for the ball in the air way too eary. He needed to just keep running his route and would have easily gotten to the ball in perfect stride and walked in for a TD.

As I was following the conversation, the criticism of the throw to Hollins was on the last offensive sequence 

So are our coaches just dumb or is Samuel hurt and/or incapable of running downfield routes right now?

I honestly don’t know, because I don’t have faith that Brady knows what he’s doing and I also have seen nothing from Samuel to make me think he can do anything. 

Hollins & MVS as WR5/WR6 are fine, but to have them higher up that pecking order, along with seemingly blowing 8M per year on a gadget guy that we can’t do anything with is not acceptable roster management .. even in a cap strapped year.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No QB has ever elevated their receiving corps. I don't know why this myth was so pervasive in the offseason. Mahomes didn't elevate any of his crappy WRs last year.

A great QB can get more from a receiving group than a bad QB.

Problem is, these guys are not good at all. Even if Josh puts them in a good position…nothing.  Yesterday he was off a bit, but is that him or the receiver? 

Edited by davefan66

Just now, SCBills said:

So are our coaches just dumb or is Samuel hurt and/or incapable of running downfield routes right now?

I honestly don’t know, because I don’t have faith that Brady knows what he’s doing and I also have seen nothing from Samuel to make me think he can do anything. 

Hollins & MVS as WR5/WR6 are fine, but to have them higher up that pecking order, along with seemingly blowing 8M per year on a gadget guy that can’t use is not acceptable roster management .. even in a cap strapped year.  

At minimum, you’d think they’d use Samuel on the old Cole Beasley crossing routes. those were Josh’s bread and butter. 

22 minutes ago, Andrew Son said:

That’s true.

And lost in the screaming about WR is our massive investment at TE.

The lack of use has been mind boggling and just more examples of a disconnect between player acquisition and usage.

we trade up to draft and sign TEs to huge extensions.  we just refuse to feature then in our O or throw to them.

similar to the hines stuff, we love having guys on the team at high expense who will not be used, so we can give burn to hollis and mvs and toohill.

• Like (+1) 1

They should, but probably won’t do squat. Love their draft picks too much (who, by the way, in the top rounds, typically don't turn into impact players, and damn sure aren’t used regularly for receivers).

This receiver room is an embarrassment with a guy like Josh Allen at QB. Beane should be ashamed of himself.