Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Im definitely on getting a WR train.

Never thought Samuel would be invisible.

Never thought Mack Hollins would be more than a role player with maybe 30 targets on the season.

Watching him try to track a deep ball in the air did it for me.  He doesn’t have that ability.  He looks like Jose Canseco in the outfield trying to track a ball in the air.

Welcome aboard!! We’ve been saving a seat for you!

Feedback Come Here GIF by Habitat

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Im definitely on getting a WR train.

Never thought Samuel would be invisible.

Never thought Mack Hollins would be more than a role player with maybe 30 targets on the season.

Watching him try to track a deep ball in the air did it for me.  He doesn’t have that ability.  He looks like Jose Canseco in the outfield trying to track a ball in the air.

Not a fan of Hollins, but that was a bad throw.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree.  I’d like to add a WR, but if Josh continues to look like Jose Canseco throwing the ball, it won’t matter much. Josh’s ball placement put Mack in position to look like Canseco multiple times yesterday.  

It wasn't ball placement. Hollins lost track of the ball in the air and failed to come down with what should have been an easy catch and walk in TD. Any starting caliber WR makes that play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

It was completely catchable. He stopped twice because he lost the ball in midair.

Check out the other threads analyzing the play. Allen absolutely threw it over the wrong shoulder — it should have been his inside shoulder and the threw it to his outside one — which caused Hollins to have to adjust and slow down. It was a straight-up badly placed ball, and I’m sure Allen would tell you the same thing. He also missed a TD to Kincaid with a severe underthrow. He was really bad yesterday.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

It wasn't ball placement. Hollins lost track of the ball in the air and failed to come down with what should have been an easy catch and walk in TD. Any starting caliber WR makes that play.

Totally disagree. It was a badly placed ball. It needs to be on the inside shoulder. Hollins isn’t good, but that one wasn’t on him.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Check out the other threads analyzing the play. Allen absolutely threw it over the wrong shoulder — it should have been his inside shoulder and the threw it to his outside one — which caused Hollins to have to adjust and slow down. It was a straight-up badly placed ball, and I’m sure Allen would tell you the same thing. He also missed a TD to Kincaid with a severe underthrow. He was really bad yesterday.

Totally disagree. It was a badly placed ball. It needs to be on the inside shoulder. Hollins isn’t good, but that one wasn’t on him.

The Kincaid one was a bad throw 100% but I still disagree. Allen lofted the throw to Hollins with enough arc that Hollins should totally have been able to adjust.

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It was completely catchable. He stopped twice because he lost the ball in midair.

Because it was thrown to the wrong spot. People love hating on Hollins, and I sorta get it because it feeds the narrative (which is true) that the receiving corps isn’t good. But two things can be true at once: Mack Hollins is a JAG and that was also one of the many bad throws by Allen yesterday.

Both were bad throws.

The Kincaid one obviously had no chance given the under throw.  

However, the Hollins one should have been caught by any competent downfield receiver.  

QB’s shouldn’t need to make perfect throws down the field to have passes be caught.   Coleman dropped a perfect deep throw last week.   Hollins couldn’t track a deep throw that gave him a chance yesterday.  

I really thought that Josh would elevate the receiving corps he was dealt.  Hadn’t happened.

I don’t want Hollins out there at all. MVS is a complete waste. And gotta figure how to get Samuel in the game.

I was against a move like Adams, now all for it. Most likely won’t happen but Beane has got to do something to stretch the field and also something to keep the rush off Josh before he is decapitated.

• Like (+1) 3

Just give the Raiders the 2 they got from the Texans. It’s essentially a Diggs for Adams trade. Who wouldn’t do that? I know they need to figure out the salary but Beane needs to do something. They will be 9-8 with this group of WRs. They are wasting Allen’s prime. 

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Because it was thrown to the wrong spot. People love hating on Hollins, and I sorta get it because it feeds the narrative (which is true) that the receiving corps isn’t good. But two things can be true at once: Mack Hollins is a JAG and that was also one of the many bad throws by Allen yesterday.

But you’re not hearing me, I’m saying Allen lofted the ball with plenty of arc and a good downfield receiver would have had plenty of time to adjust under it. Hollins read it horribly. 

The Kincaid one had zero arc. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I really thought that Josh would elevate the receiving corps he was dealt.  Hadn’t happened.

I don’t want Hollins out there at all. MVS is a complete waste. And gotta figure how to get Samuel in the game.

I was against a move like Adams, now all for it. Most likely won’t happen but Beane has got to do something to stretch the field and also something to keep the rush off Josh before he is decapitated.

Allen looks like he’s actively losing trust in everything around him in real time.  That alone should force Beane’s hand in trading for help asap. 

We can start by not putting him in 2nd and long constantly. 

But Allen is letting a bad WR room bring him down, rather than him lifting them up.   And some may want to point to KC/Mahomes, but they have a guy he trusts implicitly in Kelce, a coach he trusts implicitly in Reid and a Defense that wins ugly games against good QB’s. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Not a fan of Hollins, but that was a bad throw.

You put extra air under the ball to give your WR the ability to track it.  The DB has his back turned. 

Im all for taken what the defense gives you.  But they are not even playing Cover 2 anymore from what I understand.  Its Cover 1 and daring us to beat them deep.  Its blitz heavy against us needing WR to win his match up which we aren’t winning….except Shakir.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Just now, davefan66 said:

No QB has ever elevated their receiving corps. I don't know why this myth was so pervasive in the offseason. Mahomes didn't elevate any of his crappy WRs last year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No QB has ever elevated their receiving corps. I don't know why this myth was so pervasive in the offseason. Mahomes didn't elevate any of his crappy WRs last year.

You miss the pats dynasty?