Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

I’m not saying Davante is multiple tiers ahead the current bills WR core but this is not the guy to bring in. He doesn’t care about winning, he cares about himself. He wasn’t happy when raiders won because lack of targets. Now where are his top destinations? Clear SB contenders? Nope losers like jets and saints because friends with QB. 

Not only that but we all talked about getting a younger WR core, this dude is older than diggs 😂

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

With our performance today + Allen has 0 trust in any player on offense

Rodgers has an ankle sprain, Browns are getting killed

go get Adams or at least Amari Cooper

there MUST be a change on offense

we may as well trade Curtis Samuel too

Adams changes the season, completely.

You need a guy that the defense has to focus on. We simply don't have that.  They can cover everyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Well if the jets lose today and we beat them they aren’t going for Adams. Price would drop for him. The second would be too much since it really was great compensation for Diggs but a third would be ok.

what if we could trade elam for Adams? 

There you have it. The literal dumbest question I've ever seen on the board.

I dont think we could trade Elam for the rights to Henry Ruggs

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

There you have it. The literal dumbest question I've ever seen on the board.

I dont think we could trade Elam for the rights to Henry Ruggs

Well that’s just you’re opinion man

2 hours ago, Success said:

Adams changes the season, completely.

You need a guy that the defense has to focus on. We simply don't have that.  They can cover everyone.

Does Adam’s play safety or rush the passer too?  I didn’t want to believe it but we’re lacking serious talent at multiple levels on both sides the ball.  Besides qb, running back and corners we are lacking serious talent.  Are high paid stars are non existent when it matters or just flat are hurt or suspended.

• Disagree 1

Just now, Mynamemike said:

Does Adam’s play safety or rush the passer too?  I didn’t want to believe it but we’re lacking serious talent at multiple levels on both sides the ball.  Besides qb, running back and corners we are lacking serious talent.  Are high paid stars are non existent when it matters or just flat are hurt or suspended.

Whilst I would love to get Budda Baker or a proven vet safety, they didn’t do too bad in the second half. Granted Collins was out, which obviously helped, but they played very well and forced 2 huge turnovers with a score sitting @ 17-20 on both. 

When it mattered, they stepped up. Offense didn’t. 

A WR might do more for this team as you can’t get a prime pass rusher for cheap. 

• Like (+1) 2

After today's horror show I would give them both our 2nds in exchange for them retaining salary. Before anyone says that's an overpayment, here is the full list of 2nd round picks under Beane's tenure:

Cody Ford - bust

AJ Epenesa - JAG

Boogie Basham - bust

James Cook - very good player but just a RB

O'Cyrus Torrence - worst player on our OL right now, plays a non-impact position

Cole Bishop - still TBD but was flat out bad today and plays a non-impact position

I would give up any random combination of two of these players in exchange for even just a half season rental of Adams.

What are we waiting for? Allen is about to be a lot more expensive within two seasons so the degree of difficulty for Beane is only going up, and the top tier of the NFL may have never been worse than it is now. Stop screwing around with this laughable group of WRs. We have an elite QB in his prime years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

After today's horror show I would give them both our 2nds in exchange for them retaining salary. Before anyone says that's an overpayment, here is the full list of 2nd round picks under Beane's tenure:

Cody Ford - bust

AJ Epenesa - JAG

Boogie Basham - bust

O'Cyrus Torrence - worst player on our OL right now, plays a non-impact position

Cole Bishop - still TBD but was flat out bad today and plays a non-impact position

I would give up any random combination of two of these players in exchange for even just a half season rental of Adams.

What are we waiting for? Allen is about to be a lot more expensive within two seasons so the degree of difficulty for Beane is only going up, and the top tier of the NFL may have never been worse than it is now. Stop screwing around with this laughable group of WRs. We have an elite QB in his prime years.

a one year rental where the raiders eat a bunch of cap is worth a 3rd, possibly a 2nd.

if we get him for 2 years and cheap cap wise, then for sure a second, maybe a 2nd and a 4th or something.

his health and so on is obv a concern, but a full strength adams doesn't help us vs baltimore (cluster game) but gives us a win over houston, and frankly last season woulda gotten us a win over KC in the playoffs.

an actual outside threat changes a lot of things up for us.

you make a great point about who we've drafted in the 2nd round.  i still think cook is solid to very good, OCT hopefully turns it around, and bishop is just starting and i like his ability set, but these guys are not impact guys nor at high value positions.

On 10/2/2024 at 6:14 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

That doesn’t answer the question. If they could make the money work, would you rather they employ Mack Hollins or Davante Adams? 

On 10/2/2024 at 8:55 AM, Pete said:

For the Bills,, I much prefer Hollins

Oprah Winfrey GIF

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Cody Ford - bust

AJ Epenesa - JAG

Boogie Basham - bust

I woke up this morning and my first thought was Davante Adams.

Im definitely on getting a WR train.

Never thought Samuel would be invisible.

Never thought Mack Hollins would be more than a role player with maybe 30 targets on the season.

Watching him try to track a deep ball in the air did it for me.  He doesn’t have that ability.  He looks like Jose Canseco in the outfield trying to track a ball in the air.

• Agree 2

The comparison everyone tries to make about how this version of the bills and "everyone eats"  is similar to the chiefs in 2022 when they won the superbowl is so unfair...

The chiefs had Travis kelce coming off 6 straight 1,000 yard + seasons.  Mahommes also had multiple receivers that had average/good seasons prior to the chiefs .. ie. Juju had a 1,500 yard season with the steelers previously and even guys like MVS had some experience.

Allen needs help desperately! This is one of the worst WR/TE group I've ever seen on an elite QBs team.  

Edited by TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Im definitely on getting a WR train.

Never thought Samuel would be invisible.

Never thought Mack Hollins would be more than a role player with maybe 30 targets on the season.

Watching him try to track a deep ball in the air did it for me.  He doesn’t have that ability.  He looks like Jose Canseco in the outfield trying to track a ball in the air.

I agree.  I’d like to add a WR, but if Josh continues to look like Jose Canseco throwing the ball, it won’t matter much. Josh’s ball placement put Mack in position to look like Canseco multiple times yesterday.  

• Like (+1) 1