Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

I've never been a fan of the "everybody eats" mentality I think it's a giant mismanagement in a SB window by Beane (It doesn't mean I want him fired), if we can get the Raiders to eat the salary I think we should go for it. Adams was solid even last year with bums throwing him the ball and stays relatively healthy or at least has the past 2 seasons. I'm not sure what you pay for him but if they eat most of the salary I'm sure they'l demand a 1st for him.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014

Whether the Bills are interested or not, it doesn’t hurt to have your name in the mix to show real or perceived interest. More “interest” might drive the price up a bit for Jet’s or Chiefs or whoever. 

I guess the only downside is reading all the reaction on TBD about how they blew it, but that is coming either way.  😊

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

Tonight, Thick cut ribeye, crab cakes and a bottle of Banfi Chianti, and some time in the jacuzzi, that should do the trick, booze and snacks during the game tomorrow…, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Tonight, Thick cut ribeye, crab cakes and a bottle of Banfi Chianti, and some time in the jacuzzi, that should do the trick, booze and snacks during the game tomorrow…, 

GO BILLS!!!

Davonte Adams approves. 😂

Edited by Maynard
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

As expected. But I don’t think the Bills would ever give up that high a pick for an aged receiver. 

Ya i'm against it, but if they did, we'd essentially swap Diggs for Adams and a 5th, so not a bad trade, but I'd much prefer a younger guy if they did add a WR but I don't feel the need

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

Probably.. but let’s say we send them a second to eat the salary..  the Bills can essentially look at this as swapping out Diggs for Adams this year and maintaining the same cap outlook moving forward.  

I think everyone would agree Adams is better than Diggs, so we basically upgrade there and give Allen as good a shot at winning a Super Bowl this year as he’s ever had, especially given the defense should eventually be getting everyone back.  

Is that worth a 2 if the Raiders were willing?

To me, probably.  But I’m sure other WR’s at lower price points or more term (which Beane typically wants) will eventually come available before the deadline as well. 

Yes… if I’m making the call I would trade the second.  But I don’t think Beane will.  If anything he’d be more inclined to trade a lower pick for a WR like Amari Cooper.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

Beane traded a 3rd for Kelvin Benjamin.  He’d for sure give up a late 2nd for Devonte Adams 

The difference is Benjamin was a former 1 round draft pick with potential and was just 26 at the time of the trade.  His salary was relatively modest and he was under contract in 2018 as well.  

The main issues I see with Adams are age, contract and salary as well as compensation.  I can’t see him making this move

• Agree 2

It would be nice if any of these GMs would grow a sac and not let players dictate that A. They went to be traded and B. Where they want to be traded to.

In this case the Raiders coach being an absolute idiot didn't help the case.  Absolute crap organization but hey at least they can smoke cigars and dance in the locker room now.

23 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Don't know if Davante is the answer but we could use at least one receiver that can beat man coverage.

The Bills beat man coverage all day long against the Jags.

4 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Raiders should have their choice of teams who are willing to give up a 2nd for one year rental, the exact Diggs market price.  Jets look like the best 2nd round compensation and should look even better by Noon today.  

Just can't see the Bills giving up anywhere near that kind of compensation.

Well if the jets lose today and we beat them they aren’t going for Adams. Price would drop for him. The second would be too much since it really was great compensation for Diggs but a third would be ok.

what if we could trade elam for Adams? 

I’m not saying Davante is multiple tiers ahead the current bills WR core but this is not the guy to bring in. He doesn’t care about winning, he cares about himself. He wasn’t happy when raiders won because lack of targets. Now where are his top destinations? Clear SB contenders? Nope losers like jets and saints because friends with QB.