Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

We never know how these things will get done.  It is always a possibility.  The Bills may need to outscore opponents with the state of their defense and they may need a game changer at WR.  

18 hours ago, Logic said:

I don't think it's really up to Beane. Word is that he DID make the call.

The Raiders would have to be willing to eat Adams' salary this year and...well...do you know much about Mark Davis?

If the Raiders get the 2nd round pick we received for Diggs and they take on most of his salary (like we did on Diggs) then it is probably a workable solution.  He will be a one year rental as his next two years salaries are $35M each and may not be sustainable.  

Wish the Bills could have drafted better WRs during the last few years.

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I don’t think the Bills will be giving up much for Adams; maybe a 4th?  And they won’t be paying his remaining contract value without some relief. In other words, he will only be on the Bills if no one else wants him enough to pay the asking price. 

The talk on wfan n espn radio here is a 2nd rder

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

As expected. But I don’t think the Bills would ever give up that high a pick for an aged receiver. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Adams in 2024 is the polar opposite of every player that the Bills are typically interested in trading for:

- older

- expensive 

- likely a 1 year rental

- requires significant draft capital

- will want his share of targets on offense

The Bills need a WR like Adams this year but I highly doubt they make a serious attempt for him.  

The NFL is weak right now and there for the taking.  Get Adams and a safety and we win it all!

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Beane traded a 3rd for Kelvin Benjamin.  He’d for sure give up a late 2nd for Devonte Adams 

I don’t think so. The Bills are in a much different position now as far as value in draft picks. Picks are much more valuable now. And they dumped Diggs because of the bad chemistry.  They aren’t going to lose a high pick for another problem child. 

14 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

I heard Bill Cowher was at the Buffalo airport trying to get the talks intensified. 

Cower was only at Buffalo airport because he got booted off a flight.  That menacing 'Cowher glare' scared a cabin attendant, and the plane diverted.

image.jpeg.1fa0240a738c9d0dd922fd5989c4b99b.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

That’s what they want.  I can’t see it unless the jets get blown out tomorrow.  Can’t see anyone else giving up a 2nd for him.  Maybe Washington?  

imo, the only way a team gives up a 2nd is if they get a decent pick in return, maybe a 4th or multiple later round picks

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boco357 said:

It's amazing how one franchise can trade 2 all pro receivers in the past 15 years.

2 all pro receivers. an all pro DE. 

the sadder part about those trades and many teams who are in the same boat with receiving decent draft compensation in a trade, they did/do absolute nothing with it. Lose-lose. 

6 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Adams in 2024 is the polar opposite of every player that the Bills are typically interested in trading for:

- older

- expensive 

- likely a 1 year rental

- requires significant draft capital

- will want his share of targets on offense

The Bills need a WR like Adams this year but I highly doubt they make a serious attempt for him.  

Probably.. but let’s say we send them a second to eat the salary..  the Bills can essentially look at this as swapping out Diggs for Adams this year and maintaining the same cap outlook moving forward.  

I think everyone would agree Adams is better than Diggs, so we basically upgrade there and give Allen as good a shot at winning a Super Bowl this year as he’s ever had, especially given the defense should eventually be getting everyone back.  

Is that worth a 2 if the Raiders were willing?

To me, probably.  But I’m sure other WR’s at lower price points or more term (which Beane typically wants) will eventually come available before the deadline as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Probably.. but let’s say we send them a second to eat the salary..  the Bills can essentially look at this as swapping out Diggs for Adams this year and maintaining the same cap outlook moving forward.  

I think everyone would agree Adams is better than Diggs, so we basically upgrade there and give Allen as good a shot at winning a Super Bowl this year as he’s ever had, especially given the defense should eventually be getting everyone back.  

Is that worth a 2 if the Raiders were willing?

To me, probably.  But I’m sure other WR’s at lower price points or more term (which Beane typically wants) will eventually come available before the deadline as well. 

I get this line of thinking but the purpose of gaining a high draft capital is your hoping to get an impact player through the draft or trade that will give you 4 years of cheap labor versus a 32 year old rental that is on the verge of falling off a cliff as a WR.

• Agree 1