Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

On 10/4/2024 at 7:08 PM, iwishitwerecolder said:

Didn’t see this til today. Bills are reportedly “inquired with Vegas on Adams.” 

On 10/4/2024 at 7:28 PM, NewEra said:

You don’t think this has been posted and discussed on this message board yet?

On 10/4/2024 at 7:31 PM, iwishitwerecolder said:

Didn’t see it, I even double checked 😂

That's because it quietly got talked about but then didn't take the next step.

I wouldn't hold my breath though... Beane has pretty much failed us and Brady has crashed back to reality.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

the Raiders are considering how much salary they need to eat….

there’s still a chance for us

Considering the Jets have 16.8m in cap space where the Raiders wouldn't have to eat anything, a 2nd Round pick considered to be worlds better than either of ours, and a quality Edge Rusher in Hassan Reddick who they're just paying to sit out (if the Raiders want him), if it's true that Adams wants to go there and they want him there - we aren't going to be able to touch them without giving up something we wouldn't possibly give up for him.

As the one talking head said, it seems inevitable and just a matter of time before he's a Jet. If it's not them, someone else like the Commanders who also have the money to cover it themselves and a better 2nd Round Pick will get it done.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Bills inquired, but I’m sure it was just to save face. Beane I’m talking about you!! I’m sure you have no intentions of trading for Adam’s. 

You have a track record of striking out with your early picks so might as well do something different. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tierlifer said:

I heard Bill Cowher was at the Buffalo airport trying to get the talks intensified. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I just heard amazing news. Jeremy Maclin is on a plane to Buffalo as we speak.

Someone hurry up and get a Ford Taurus to the airport….. STAT

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I just heard amazing news. Jeremy Maclin is on a plane to Buffalo as we speak.

I’m at the airport now. Pretty sure that I spotted Amari Cooper waiting for Anchor Bar to open. He said that he was here for a physical and wants to get wings on the way out.

• Haha (+1) 4

lol, im sure it won't happen, but if this team can add adams and budda baker without breaking the bank, the talent level in the field in the playoffs will be an entire tier above what it would otherwise be.

our d is soft and slow right now, buddah (along w TJ coming back) turns our back 5 from giant gaping holes and horrible tackling to 5 guys with real athletic ability making life hard, and if we added adams to the outside we'd have coleman and adams creating problems for the teams 2 best corners and best cover safety with cook shakir and kinkaid in the gut, and josh allen w the ball.

one extra touch down possession and one extra forced punt woulda made this team get to the superbowl at least 2 of the last 3 seasons, and that woulda been facing philly and sf (mayyyyyybe they beat cinci and play vs the rams, which woulda been a lay down win).  I think we would have had both of those.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

A GMs job is to check in on these rumors. And Beane does a thorough job of it. Always has. 

It doesn't even necessarily mean they were interested in Adams. They could be calling to see if there was insane value. He could have been calling to assess the going rate on a top flight WR in the trade market. 

I would promise you that more often then not when we hear a player wants a trade....Beane checks it out along with most other GMs.

We of course hear the "Bills have in interest" because technically they picked up the phone. And most of the time when we hear what's going on in a potential trade....it's either information released by the players agent or the team to drum up business.

Why would they mention the Bills for this one? Well the Jets are rumored to be the hot spot. Maybe they give up more to keep him from division rivals. It's a smart play.

L

Adams in 2024 is the polar opposite of every player that the Bills are typically interested in trading for:

- older

- expensive 

- likely a 1 year rental

- requires significant draft capital

- will want his share of targets on offense

The Bills need a WR like Adams this year but I highly doubt they make a serious attempt for him.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1