Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

44 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The next regime to take over the Jets is going to be handed a huge mess.

Why does it seem like every big name trade comes to the AFC East?   If I am the Raiders I wouldnt trade him in conference without getting a valuable player and a high draft pick in return.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Why does it seem like every big name trade comes to the AFC East?   If I am the Raiders I wouldnt trade him in conference without getting a valuable player and a high draft pick in return.  

He's forcing this trade to the Jets, just like Diggs forced his way to Houston. The NFL is becoming the NBA.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I get why the Jets would want him.

I get why the Raiders would trade him within the conference but outside the division.

I have no Earthly idea why Adams would want to go to the Jets.  To hang out with his buddy and lose?  He’s stupid if he thinks he’s putting that team over the top.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

On a trade, it looks like Jax would only eat $7-8m in dead cap as Bills would take on his 2025 salary and option bonus guarantee.  Davis’s contract is actually very trade-able and Bills would only need $1m in 2024 cap space to get it done.  Could probably make this trade happen for a 5th-6th rounder.  

I'd rather jam a broken flower stem down my urethra, or undergo a brain transplant from Antonio Brown.

• Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

On a trade, it looks like Jax would only eat $7-8m in dead cap as Bills would take on his 2025 salary and option bonus guarantee.  Davis’s contract is actually very trade-able and Bills would only need $1m in 2024 cap space to get it done.  Could probably make this trade happen for a 5th-6th rounder.  

Let's trade Curtis Samuel for Gabe Davis and ask Goodell for a do-over.

12 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I'd rather jam a broken flower stem down my urethra, or undergo a brain transplant from Antonio Brown.

C’mon.  I wasn’t the biggest Gabe fan either, but he’d immediately be our #2 WR and be an upgrade over Hollins and MVS.  And long term, him, Coleman and Shakir ain’t a bad WR room.  

• Dislike 1

11 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

I’m not getting my hopes up… if he was coming here it would have happened by now

Nah he’s not likely going to get traded until he shows he’s recovered from his hammy issue.  I would guess it’s going to be at least another week before that happens.  

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

C’mon.  I wasn’t the biggest Gabe fan either, but he’d immediately be our #2 WR and be an upgrade over Hollins and MVS.  And long term, him, Coleman and Shakir ain’t a bad WR room.  

Gabe is a good blocker, but Hollins is as good and probably better.  As a WR, Gabe is a drive killer mainly due to his inability to adjust during routes - leading to incompletions or interceptions that other WRs make easy catches on.  Bills offense started clicking right when Gabe got hurt last year.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Anyone post this yet?

Adams went from calling Buffalo the worst franchise (mostly due to the fans IIRC) to being interested in becoming a Bill. He badly wants out of Vegas, but I’m still not interested in parting with premium draft picks for an old and expensive rental.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Adams went from calling Buffalo the worst franchise (mostly due to the fans IIRC) to being interested in becoming a Bill. He badly wants out of Vegas, but I’m still not interested in parting with premium draft picks for an old and expensive rental.

The article was Ryan Talbot's interpretation based on Breer's comments on Adams interest in the Saints

No where is it specifically said that Adams is interested in the Bills....although with Josh Allen, you'd think he is open to the idea

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I mean obviously that would be fantastic.  

I have seen nothing yet that gives me confidence we’re close to that bc Coleman is still developing and going to likely see Stingley and Samuel I’m not sure we know how we’re using him.  

Step one of your conspiracy theory is a go lol…Shakir ruled out.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nah he’s not likely going to get traded until he shows he’s recovered from his hammy issue.  I would guess it’s going to be at least another week before that happens.  

There are issues for several reportedly interested teams, with his cap hit trading for him NOW. Pro rate per game on like $13m i read, so cap hit gets cheaper roughly $1m/game.

While there are teams interested that have the cap space, if im LVR, I'm not opening bidding until I know all teams are capable of pulling trigger. Why set up an auction when you know 3-4 interested teams can't make it to the auction?

Only way around that is you negotiate with the team, hey, there are a handful of teams that can't really bid just yet, blow me away with an offer now while you have a chance to be sole bidder. Otherwise call me back week before deadline, and be aware we're discussing trade with all teams prior to any decision.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Step one of your conspiracy theory is a go lol…Shakir ruled out.  

our biggest need is nickle corner, lb, and safety, but we have guys to fill most (not safety as much maybe bishop can ball) of those spots when they are healthy.

WR is juuuuust behind those, and if we were full health i'd say tied w safety.  it likely can't be done due to cap foolery, but if you throw budah baker and devante adams on this team and we get TB, TJ, oliver and von back playing, this team is kinda nasty.

to win on sunday we are gonna need samual to be good (i think his toe is holding him back) but a breakout game for coleman would be the biggest get.