Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

7 minutes ago, gordong said:

do we really want Adams, he was 15th in the NFL in yards last year and has 209 yards Total this year. sorry but I just dont think the money aligns with what you are getting. 

I think the fact that Jimmy Garoppolo, Aidan O'Connell and Brian Hoyer were throwing him the ball last year had a lot to do with his yardage total. He had 39 less yards than Diggs did last year with those quarterbacks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, gordong said:

do we really want Adams, he was 15th in the NFL in yards last year and has 209 yards Total this year. sorry but I just dont think the money aligns with what you are getting. 

top 15 is still a #1 guy. hypothetically top 32 would be. 

age and price are the turnoffs for me if I was running the show. not the production he had with a garbage carousel at qb. 

41 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He's got a conspiracy theory that if Shakir misses the game and the Bills passing game struggles it will be the spark for Beane to trade for a premier WR like Adams.  We then win the Super Bowl because of a Shakir ankle injury.  Totally normal thinking.

38 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

^^^

Exactly.  

Haha ok now I follow

Although what happens to this theory if Samuel finally emerges and someone like Coleman or Kincaid has a big game haha, could back fire :nana:

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Haha ok now I follow

Although what happens to this theory if Samuel finally emerges and someone like Coleman or Kincaid has a big game haha, could back fire :nana:

I mean obviously that would be fantastic.  

I have seen nothing yet that gives me confidence we’re close to that bc Coleman is still developing and going to likely see Stingley and Samuel I’m not sure we know how we’re using him.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

I mean obviously that would be fantastic.  

I have seen nothing yet that gives me confidence we’re close to that bc Coleman is still developing and going to likely see Stingley and Samuel I’m not sure we know how we’re using him.  

Yeah, Stingley will be a formidable challenge this week for the rook, and yeah how they are using Samuel has been a mystery to say the least.  But I would expect to be less a mystery if Shakir missed the game and he would more play his role this week at least giving him hopefully more structure and purpose to maybe get involved.  

I have a feeling if Shakir has to miss this week we may see more 12 personnel too...although Jury is out if they can be effective with it still.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Earlier I listened to Devin McCourty on PFT talking about the consequences of the Jets going after Adams. It seems to me that the only way that works is if they trade Garrett Wilson for him because a) Adams would be taking Wilson's position and b) combined with Lazard, it'd be a Rodgers gang. Plus they have Mike Williams, who has looked increasingly explosive over the last couple of games. Wilson is also publicly complaining about the offensive design (which is basically Rodgers's design), so there's that to figure in. It's a really weird situation in that Wilson could end up being the third/fourth guy on that unit despite his immense talent. It'd be crazy to trade him, but I can see the Raiders demanding him and maybe even getting him. Plus he has a ton of trade value given his age and rookie contract. https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/if-davante-adams-goes-to-jets-is-garrett-wilson-the-odd-man-out  

I would trade a 1st for Wilson.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I would trade a 1st for Wilson.

Unfortunately Jets would never risk pairing Wilson with Allen for Allens prime years.  But I would also make that trade

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

There is no chance the Jets trade him unless he's included in an Adams package.

Trading for Davante then trading away Wilson would be so dumb.

Yeah no chance Wilson is traded if they acquire Adams, then whats the point of getting Adams.  I cant see Jets trading Wilson regardless either though

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Earlier I listened to Devin McCourty on PFT talking about the consequences of the Jets going after Adams. It seems to me that the only way that works is if they trade Garrett Wilson for him because a) Adams would be taking Wilson's position and b) combined with Lazard, it'd be a Rodgers gang. Plus they have Mike Williams, who has looked increasingly explosive over the last couple of games. Wilson is also publicly complaining about the offensive design (which is basically Rodgers's design), so there's that to figure in. It's a really weird situation in that Wilson could end up being the third/fourth guy on that unit despite his immense talent. It'd be crazy to trade him, but I can see the Raiders demanding him and maybe even getting him. Plus he has a ton of trade value given his age and rookie contract. https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/if-davante-adams-goes-to-jets-is-garrett-wilson-the-odd-man-out  

Sounds like McCourtey thinking out.  There’s zero chance Wilson is part of any trade.  I can see him being quietly unhappy if Adams takes his role but what can he really do?

Also as far Mike Williams being “explosive” he has 8 catches on the season and struggled to get in the field.  They’d have no problem taking snaps away from Wilson, Williams or Lizard if it meant getting Adams in the building.  

Haven’t we been down the “old and expensive” route before? Adams would upgrade the WR room, but I’m not parting with premium draft picks to rent him for a couple years. 

• Like (+1) 1

While I don't doubt Beane called, as he's said he checks in on everything, a trade for Adams doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The asking price is a 2 plus more consideration (probably a Day 3 Pick as well). That's not taking into account them also eating a large portion of the contract, which would be necessary in our case. That would cost even more. I don't see us being the only team interested and most every other team will have a better 2nd to offer than how ours and Minnesota's picks are perceived to be.

If he's acquired, we either would have to take on the massive ramifications of next year and the following year - I don't see that. 

Or we'd let him go following this year to get out from under that - which I don't see us paying that kind of cost for a 1 year rental. 

Or we'd have to give a 32 year old WR a newly re-worked deal to keep him on the books. I'm not sure I see him doing that either, as WR is not like a situational pass rusher or an Offensive Lineman that can get long in the tooth.

On top of that, Adams is Diggs like. A WR that demands touches or he'll become a problem. At times on the sideline with larger outbursts than even Diggs. Beane made a point to not have that kind of personality in the locker room to allow Allen to work more freely with the ball. To then add another big personality WR seems uncharacteristic of how Beane operates.

While I wouldn't be opposed to him coming here, I have a hard time imagining it happening. I echo the sentiment that a WR like Cooper, Hopkins, Sutton, or someone else we haven't considered would be more likely. I think Beane will keep an eye on things a little longer and re-evaluate at the Trade deadline.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, FireChans said:

There is no chance the Jets trade him unless he's included in an Adams package.

Trading for Davante then trading away Wilson would be so dumb.

100% agree

14 minutes ago, White Linen said:

And DJ Moore

I probably would. He’s a great player and the OC is kind of ruining him. I saw something the other day talking about the route concepts under Shane Waldron. It was about JSN and DJ Moore and how much better they were or are without him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1