Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He's a good player. Why would he want out? He's leading the team in targets and receptions (although the numbers are low given the overall state of that offense).

He’s sat on his own the past 2 games and left the field on his own at the end of the Rams game on top of that. He’s being used exclusive in the short passing game to the extent he had one game last season in which he eclipsed his total production through 4 games this season. 

It could be just a rumor but a top talent on a franchise isolating himself during game day in the most public portion is very telling that something is wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

just saying would have and should have do not mean anything.

Those guys didn't win the super bowl.  Most of the great WR in the history did not win a super bowl.  

I don't even know how to argue with this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I don't think Samuel has worked out how they thought he would (and I hoped he would) and they undervalued having  a better WR on the roster. Look I love the concept, but... We need a little more talent esp. Until Coleman gets more up to speed.

That could be a while...🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

just saying would have and should have do not mean anything.

Those guys didn't win the super bowl.  Most of the great WR in the history did not win a super bowl.  

lol that proves exactly nothing except that you dont realize less than 11% of all NFL players will ever win a super bowl

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sojourner said:

He’s sat on his own the past 2 games and left the field on his own at the end of the Rams game on top of that. He’s being used exclusive in the short passing game to the extent he had one game last season in which he eclipsed his total production through 4 games this season. 

It could be just a rumor but a top talent on a franchise isolating himself during game day in the most public portion is very telling that something is wrong. 

Interesting. That said, the Bears are 2-2 and kinda loaded on defense, so I see no reason they'd throw in the towel now. Plus there QB is only going to succeed if he has weapons, and he's one of their two or three best weapons (I think Odunze is #1 and Allen is great when healthy).

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

if Adams is not working out, Hopkins would be great (good for Coleman to learn from also), so would A. Cooper.  Seems there should be a few guys to pick from.  But we really need another WR in the stable, top 2 for me are Adams and Hopkins

people keep mentioning cooper and his an excellent wr and affordable but he was dealt from Dallas to Cle for a fifth because he just plays hard when he feels like it and does not want to play hurt.  If they could guarantee they get max effort from him he is a guy worth being interested in because he is a great route runner and is not a diva.  He just is quirky.

You can read about it here.

https://athlonsports.com/cowboys-country/news/dallas-cowboys-shrinkage-amari-cooper-problem-browns-contract-holdout-ceedee-lamb

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That’s assuming Beane has any real interest in bring him here, there is still a question about fit.  And that’s how GMs work, they don’t just throw out offers or low ball other GMs every time a player is available.  They may have a convo, but doesn’t mean they make an offer and most of the time don’t.  

I am still not sure Beane makes any major moves for a WR, S, LB or any position until we get closer to trade the deadline, if at all.  I can’t see Beane over reacting to one game and more waiting to see if this team is truly a contender for a Super Bowl where one player could make the difference.  If we lose some games and show we aren’t really a player away this year then I think Beane will be less inclined to do anything in season this year personally.

So for me, I have doubts Beane is making any offers right until he sees more from this team on the field and knows if a half year rental for a pick he covets moves the needle enough to give that pick(s) up.  

Doesn’t mean I’m correct, just my 2 cents based on how he has operated during he’s tenure here, what he has said about this year already, and what he has said his plans moving forward are.

I’m not trying to play the, “yes they do card” but teams ABSOLUTELY throw out lowball offers all of the time. When I was working in the NBA our GM said, that the public hears of less than 5% of the offers that are made. They are constantly throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. You don’t hear about them until they become “real.” 

I guess where we differ, is I don’t believe that he thinks “we might be okay.” I think that he believes “we may not be able to get a deal done.” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't even know how to argue with this. 

thats fine. I don't buy into the #1 wr as a savior theory, I actually hate it and think it is a misuse of resources.

if you think the missing link for Buffalo is a number 1 wr like Devante Adams that is fine.  

My response is he is a diva who is already unhappy and possibly nursing a hamstring injury that could linger and then of course there is the issue that he played with maybe a top 5 all time qb in Green bay and in six years of post season play there never even played in a super bowl.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Interesting. That said, the Bears are 2-2 and kinda loaded on defense, so I see no reason they'd throw in the towel now. Plus there QB is only going to succeed if he has weapons, and he's one of their two or three best weapons (I think Odunze is #1 and Allen is great when healthy).

totally with you dude, I think it’s just a rumor but something is brewing for him to be taking that action. he’s always been a teammates guy on the sidelines from what I’ve seen. 

lets say you remove moore, there is still loads of talent there. id say it’s on par with what josh has here; Odunze/Allen/Swift/Kmet/Herbert/Johnson

isnt the worst group a rook could be throwing too. an extra early pick next year may even be tempting as they don’t have a 1st or a 4th (unless the fields trade hits the requirements). 

id give up a 1st and a swap of 2’s… their later pick for our earlier out of the 2 second rounders we each have. 

Something to keep an eye on for the next 3-4 weeks. If it continues and the bears lose several games the iron may be hot to strike. 

EDIT: they actually have their own first. don’t know what I was thinking of. 
Maybe just one of our 2nd’s then?

Edited by Sojourner
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

As a survivor of Bryant Johnson in 2009, Zach Ertz in 2022, Jeremy Maclin in 2019, and JJ Watt in 2021,

I say Oh Em Geez this is totally going to happen. 

You're forgetting the great AJ Green trade rumor of 2019. Also, D-Hop in 2023!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not trying to play the, “yes they do card” but teams ABSOLUTELY throw out lowball offers all of the time. When I was working in the NBA our GM said, that the public hears of less than 5% of the offers that are made. They are constantly throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. You don’t hear about them until they become “real.” 

I guess where we differ, is I don’t believe that he thinks “we might be okay.” I think that he believes “we may not be able to get a deal done.” 

We're now at page 24 and I fear that the trade payoff will be the next iteration of Nyheim Hinds.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I could have played baseball at Cortland and then been drafted and been a part of the Yankees dynasty.  But I didnt and I wasn't.

Now tell me about the line of scrimmage of the teams that actually won the superbowls. The game is won there late in the year and in the postseason.  

I think it depends on the big picture.  If you have a great QB and a good gameplan, you can win SBs without "stud" receivers like the Patriots.  However - and this is a big however - you still need one or two guys who can separate in man coverage.  That's what concerns me after the last game.  The Ravens pass rush was an issue, but I did not see a lot of open receivers out there.  They were getting blanketed a large part of the time.  An upgrade at receiver could provide a bit more of a boost than in other years.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

All good, just more coming from the perspective that the vast majority of players we are allegedly in on we find out later was never true.  

And yeah, I just don’t think Beane is gonna throw away a premium pick in first 4 rounds for a half year rental unless he believes that one player could put us over the top for a SB.  And coming off the Ravens game, pretty hard to say what this team is or isn’t as the whole team and coaches all had a bad week.  

But just my 2 cents based on how Beane covets his picks and what he’s stated this offseason.  But, I also wouldn’t be surprised if Beane made a move, he’s proven to me to be aggressive when he wants to make a move.  But if he does make a move now, I think it’s because he really believes it could put us over the top this season.  

• Like (+1) 1