Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

That is all true but man Baker is a leader and have him back there in a playoff game against one of KC, CINCY, HOU or Baltimore would be huge.  

to me he is bigger than the position.  He is a guy that is good for your club on and off the field.

We had the best Safety tandem in the league for years and what it get us? I love Budda but truth be told not sure he's what this team needs. Honestly at this point I'd say we need a LB and welcome see if Indy willing to move E.J. Speed. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

We had the best Safety tandem in the league for years and what it get us? I love Budda but truth be told not sure he's what this team needs. Honestly at this point I'd say we need a LB and welcome see if Indy willing to move E.J. Speed. 

I agree, we need better DT play and better WR play at this point.

11 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

That is all true but man Baker is a leader and have him back there in a playoff game against one of KC, CINCY, HOU or Baltimore would be huge.  

to me he is bigger than the position.  He is a guy that is good for your club on and off the field.

I agree that he brings a lot. All things being equal, “does Budda Baker or Davante Adams make a bigger difference?” I don’t think anyone can make a logical argument that it is Baker (at least until we see Edwards and Bishop). Now if we decide, “I’d rather pay the 5th round price for Baker than the 2nd plus for Adams” that’s a different argument. That could have merit. A number 1 WR just plays a role that is so much more impactful.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m sure that they hear rumblings but nothing beyond what most of us hear. It’s more, “yeah, the Bills are definitely interested.” That’s kind of obvious though. The Bills will be in on this. The question is, “will they pay the price needed if the Raiders convert the salary to a bonus?” That will require more compensation. 

How I’m interpreting that is, “the Bills will be in this until it ends. They may not be able to get the deal done at a compensation level that works.”

If they actually gave up a 2 for the guy, personally I would be livid.  

that is trading 4 seasons of a young talented player for half a season of a diva player who will leave at the end of the year.  I hate everything about it being anything other than like a conditional 3rd or 4th.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

37 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I just don’t think they had the resources to do more than what they did.. and were ok with that given the compensation and rapidly deteriorating locker room presence. 

They weren’t willing to mortgage a ton of draft capital to get BTJ and the other 3 we now know were never happening.  

In terms of money, a Curtis Samuel type WR was the range they were in.  Brady has a relationship with him and we signed him.

As of right now, the Samuel signing is an issue.  While not ideal, if they had a plan for Samuel as a WR, along with Shakir, Coleman developing as the season goes on and Hollins/MVS.. that could be adequate if Kincaid becomes the go to guy. 

The Samuel signing is the one that never made sense to me. He is basically Shakir. They don't even know how to use him in the offense because of it.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree that he brings a lot. All things being equal, “does Budda Baker or Davante Adams make a bigger difference?” I don’t think anyone can make a logical argument that it is Baker (at least until we see Edwards and Bishop). Now if we decide, “I’d rather pay the 5th round price for Baker than the 2nd plus for Adams” that’s a different argument. That could have merit. A number 1 WR just plays a role that is so much more impactful.

well I understand your point but I just dont buy and never have bought the #1 wr argument. 

The only #1 wr whoever made that argument hold up was Jerry Rice.  

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

I agree, we need better DT play and better WR play at this point.

DT is another need we could go after but I'm hoping that Daquan returns to old form and Carter improves as a rookie and who knows what Logue will provide us. 

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

that is trading 4 seasons of a young talented player for half a season of a diva player who will leave at the end of the year.  I hate everything about it being anything other than like a conditional 3rd or 4th.

That’s what this conversation is IMO. There’s no doubt that they’ll make an offer (assuming that LV converts the base). The question is, “what is the offer and can it get it done?” I don’t believe that the Bills will (or should) pay the price necessary to get him.

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Budda would make a big difference here, he’s a beast and S is a big position in McDs defense.  I would be all for a LB too though.  

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The Samuel signing is the one that never made sense to me. He is basically Shakir. They don't even know how to use him in the offense because of it.

Yup - It’s why I’m not that concerned if Shakir misses Sundays game, because ok.. guess we’ll see what Samuel can do.  

But with both Shakir and Samuel out there, plus Kincaid playing in that area as well.. we don’t seem to have a plan currently to get all involved. 

A guy like Adams would give us a legit outside guy while Coleman develops.. and maybe open more up in the middle. 

Even as a rental, I’d be willing to do a 3 & 4 if LV eats salary.  

Keeps our top picks and we stay in good cap shape moving forward, while giving ourselves as good a chance as any at winning a Super Bowl this year. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

DT is another need we could go after but I'm hoping that Daquan returns to old form and Carter improves as a rookie and who knows what Logue will provide us. 

Feed Carter!  Get him all the damn wings we can in him. I want him at 325 and doing what he can do.

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

4 seasons is wishful thinking. Young and talented player is also wishful thinking.

Yes, that 2nd might be a great young player. He also might be Boogie Basham or Cody Ford. It's a no-brainer for a 2, imo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

well I understand your point but I just dont buy and never have bought the #1 wr argument. 

The only #1 wr whoever made that argument hold up was Jerry Rice.  

Then why are WRs getting drafted earlier than ever? Why are they making more money than ever? That’s not just a function of the cap going up. They are getting a higher percentage of the cap than at any point in history. It’s because the league views that as a top 2 position behind QB (along with pass rush). That’s not trending down either. It’s trending towards that even more.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s what this conversation is IMO. There’s no doubt that they’ll make an offer (assuming that LV converts the base). The question is, “what is the offer and can it get it done?” I don’t believe that the Bills will (or should) pay the price necessary to get him.

While they may make an offer, I don’t think there is “no doubt” we will. The majority of the time the “Bills” are linked to someone we find out later it wasn’t true.  

For example, if Raiders called us, they will still say we were one of the teams even if Beane just took the call but never made any offer.  

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Then why are WRs getting drafted earlier than ever? Why are they making more money than ever? That’s not just a function of the cap going up. They are getting a higher percentage of the cap than at any point in history. It’s because the league views that as a top 2 position behind QB (along with pass rush). That’s not trending down either. It’s trending towards that even more.

Yes I understand. 

in the end usually the championship teams do not have one of these (#1) guys.  Most of the greatest wr in history have zero championships.

Its about the line of scrimmage and always has been.  

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

check out White's follow-up tweet:

yea that is what I thought.  They are just posting to post.

33 minutes ago, Logic said:

I do not get the sense that Beane is going to be willing to give up a ton of capital to add a receiver. He wasn't willing to make a small jump up the board for BTJ on draft night. He wasn't willing to trade for a receiver all offseason. Why now would that have changed? I think he envisions this team being in a "get right" year and in year one of a mini-reset, and throwing a bunch of capital and money at a 31 year old WR doesn't feel like his M.O. at this moment in time

It may be that all along Beane wanted a top tier WR but is under cost constraints (ie nothing has changed).  So Beane would inquire, and nothing will be done in regards to D Adams - there is no way IMO that he is a fit- too costly, bad attitude, only half year rental.

But DHop or Cooper are much more reasonable IMO.  In a couple of weeks DHop will be a bargain.  I would hope the FO would get him for not only this year but 2025 as well - because a top tier WR is a need for 2025 and you might as well fill that need now.  DHop's last contract was at G Davis levels, DHop hasn't had near the negative press as most of the malcontent WRs, and they could find a reasonable way to get a year and a half deal IMO.

I'm hoping this was considered a possibilty when they unloaded Diggs.  Of course I've been hoping for something like this all along and it has never materialized (I thought when Tre money came in they would go after one).

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

While they may make an offer, I don’t think there is “no doubt” we will. The majority of the time the “Bills” are linked to someone we find out later it wasn’t true.  

For example, if Raiders called us, they will still say we were one of the teams even if Beane just took the call but never made any offer.  

There is no doubt that they will. That’s obvious. It may be, “we will give you a 6th if no one has something better, call us.” They may not make an offer that will get a deal done but of course they are going to bid.

It’s like buying a house that you may or may not want. The house may be listed for $500k and you’re like, “I’ll take it if I can get it for $400k.” You put in the offer, not expecting to get it but you put in the offer. That may be the situation here but they aren’t just going to withdraw without letting their compensation be known. That makes no sense and isn’t something that happens in the real world.

The Raiders will field a bunch of offers (whether published or not). Some will be the $400k for the $500k house variety but they will be made. I know you’re clinging to hope that this group becomes good but that’s highly unlikely. If the scheme has a rough day, like Baltimore, then talent can’t overcome it. The Bills will be in on any and all talent at that position. It won’t be about “are they interested?” It will be, “are they going to pay the price to get the deal?” 

My guess is that they add a WR (and a pretty good one). I don’t know if it will be Adams or Cooper level. I’m guessing that they split the baby and get someone that’s an upgrade to Hollins but not the guy that they need at the top of the depth chart (that comes this offseason).