Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

They won’t trade him to KC that’s for sure. I would expect Pittsburgh or NYJ. How bout a dark horse with someone like the Commanders? 

That division is wide open and with Daniels ahead of schedule maybe they make a move for a # 1 WR 

2 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I want no part of Adams but would potentially be open to the idea of Cooper or Hopkins if the price is right

I do believe that someone like Cooper Kupp would be more up the Bills alley if they were going to trade for a guy 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

They won’t trade him to KC that’s for sure. I would expect Pittsburgh or NYJ. How bout a dark horse with someone like the Commanders? 

That division is wide open and with Daniels ahead of schedule maybe they make a move for a # 1 WR 

I do believe that someone like Cooper Kupp would be more up the Bills alley if they were going to trade for a guy 

Definitely don’t have enough slot receivers. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Definitely don’t have enough slot receivers. 

The problem with this board is they don’t look at cultural fit. Adams had now forced himself off two teams. Kupp has been a model teammate his whole career.

The Bills like these things whether people want to acknowledge them or not. I’m not saying it’s a good or bad move just saying out of the guys who could be available I could see the Bills calling about him specifically. 

It’s much of what I said about Coleman fitting their culture in the pre draft process when 95% of this board was hating him because of his 40 or separation skills. 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

The problem with this board is they don’t look at cultural fit. Adams had now forced himself off two teams. Kupp has been a model teammate his whole career.

The Bills like these things whether people want to acknowledge them or not. I’m not saying it’s a good or bad move just saying out of the guys who could be available I could see the Bills calling about him specifically. 

It’s much of what I said about Coleman fitting their culture in the pre draft process when 95% of this board was hating him because of his 40 or separation skills. 

Culture only gets you so far.

Adams isn't forcing his way out Vegas, its just highly speculated and makes a lot of sense. He left GB because they wouldn't guarantee his contract extension past the first year, so they traded him instead of letting him walk for nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

Culture only gets you so far.

Adams isn't forcing his way out Vegas, its just highly speculated and makes a lot of sense. He left GB because they wouldn't guarantee his contract extension past the first year, so they traded him instead of letting him walk for nothing.

Again , whether we feel culture is important is irrelevant it’s been clear for years that the Bills value it and that’s not going to change 

15 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

We only have $3M in cap space…

$3M in cap space, and then consider what someone posted yesterday…

“That said, the Bills are paying Knox, Samuel, Hollins and MVS $27 million dollars to be completely non existent.”

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

$3M in cap space, and then consider what someone posted yesterday…

That said, the Bills are paying Knox, Samuel, Hollins and MVS $27 million dollars to be completely non existent.

Our cap management is ridiculous

35 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That's the prevailing thought but is WR really a need for them? They have a #1 in Garrett Wilson (I know his chemistry with Rodgers hasn't fully developed yet, but still) and paid good money for Mike Williams. They need offensive line, offensive line, and more offensive line.

Yeah, Williams and Wilson are good players. I wonder how Garrett Wilson will enjoy his diminished targets if Adams comes on board, especially in year 3 of his rookie contract.

27 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I want no part of Adams but would potentially be open to the idea of Cooper or Hopkins if the price is right

I mean, Adams is a far better player than both of those guys right now, but he's definitely unaffordable.

I'd like us to take a swing at something, because it's clearly a WR room that can be improved. 

I doubt they'll do anything though. Beane isn't gonna mortgage the future Bills for what has already been described as a rebuild. 

53 minutes ago, Logic said:

Pushing all of the "will they, won't they" noise and opinion to the side...

I just have on question: Can the Bills financially afford to bring in Adams? Are there any realistic levers they can pull to fit him under their salary cap this year? As far as I can tell, his base salary is $16million this year. I'm not super tuned into all the nuances of player contracts, but that seems impossible for the Bills to pull off. 

Raiders have $27 million in cap space. They could always convert salary to a bonus and take the cap hit themselves. Now what kind of compensation would make them do that is another question.