Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah I hope the rumor is true for the same reason as you. Cooper to me is the ideal scenario, very affordable and no cap implications beyond this year. Hopkins would be a good addition too. I want it to be true that Beane is turning over every stone to add a legit outside WR.

Issue is, Adams is way, way better than those other two. Hence the salary cost, of course.

Look, I don't think there is a chance in the world we land him.  And that's OK.  However, the fact that they are at least inquiring and are aware we are in desperate need of a WR1 is a great thing.  Whether we find one to trade for during the season or not, at least we know that they know WR1 is not on this team and it will hopefully be a priority going forward.  I am not sure what other top end WRs are available.  There may be none.  But at least we know Beane is looking.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Look, I don't think there is a chance in the world we land him.  And that's OK.  However, the fact that they are at least inquiring and are aware we are in desperate need of a WR1 is a great thing.  Whether we find one to trade for during the season or not, at least we know that they know WR1 is not on this team and it will hopefully be a priority going forward.  I am not sure what other top end WRs are available.  There may be none.  But at least we know Beane is looking.

I mean I don’t think Beane has ever given the impression he is done adding WR talent to this team.  What he said was he doesn’t feel like Josh is in the same place he was when we traded for Diggs where Allen needs an elite WR1 to elevate Josh’s game.  Which is was saying as the reason why he didn’t feel the need (with $31m in dead cap already to a WR off the roster) he had to go trade a bunch of assets and over pay someone like Aiyuk.  

But make no mistake about it, he is going to still draft another WR this next year or acquire one via trade or FA.  And if one comes available in season at a bargain he can take on where he doesn’t kill the cap moving forward and have to over pay in draft assets, I am sure he will at least kick the tires.  

If the Jets land him it will make them among the top three or five most talented teams in the AFC.  I don’t know why folks are so dismissive of them, they laid an egg against the Broncos (so did we last year) but have more matchup winners at key positions than almost any other team.  And a QB like Rogers makes up for a mediocre o line.  They will be stacked with Adams.

Meanwhile the Bills’ only real receiving threat is injured already and possibly out on Sunday and then things could really get ugly in Houston and beyond.  With the Jets on deck in the Meadowlands on Monday night with Adams putting on the jersey for the first time…

Just sayin’.  This thing could go south FAST. Folks get cocky after early season wins but the margin for error with this team is razor thin.  The Jets being good would be a nightmare - biggest douche coach/QB combo in the league with the douchiest fans, getting all of that media hype, it will suck.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Agree 4

If you can get this guy for a 2nd and we don’t do it it’s inexcusable laziness. I guarantee the guy we take in the 2nd next year won’t be close to as good as Adams RN. Josh isn’t going to be young forever. You have to get one of these. Win one…then do whatever. Tear down start over literally win 1 Super Bowl and you have a blank check emotionally from the fans. Stop writing off years and go win. Sell out for 1. Be the Rams 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mannc said:

You'd basically be renting this malcontent for 11 games.  No thanks.

12-15 games.  

I think I’d be renting a top 10 WR in the league.  

That all said I know it ain’t happening…..Schefter reporting New Orleans is on his “list” (the Jets are apparently the other one) and my guess is this is where the Raiders will send him.  

Adams is going to determine the Jets are a tire fire and the Saints are at least making the playoffs.  The Jets may not.  

The Jets could be 2-4 in two weeks.

Probably not a trade that happens until the end of October.  

Maybe if we’re 6-2 by then he’ll want in on this team.

Or, maybe it’s the taxes - and that’s why New Orleans is suddenly an option for him.   

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Issue is, Adams is way, way better than those other two. Hence the salary cost, of course.

I don’t agree that Adam’s is “way better” than Amari Cooper at this point.  You could even make the case that Cooper is better.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

12-15 games.  

I think I’d be renting a top 10 WR in the league.  

That all said I know it ain’t happening…..Schefter reporting New Orleans is on his “list” (the Jets are apparently the other one) and my guess is this is where the Raiders will send him.  

Adams is going to determine the Jets are a tire fire and the Saints are at least making the playoffs.  The Jets may not.  

The Jets could be 2-4 in two weeks.

Probably not a trade that happens until the end of October.  

Maybe if we’re 6-2 by then he’ll want in on this team.

Or, maybe it’s the taxes - and that’s why New Orleans is suddenly an option for him.   

You’re making the mistake of believing that the Raiders actually care where Davante Adam’s wants to play…

20 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If the Jets land him it will make them among the top three or five most talented teams in the AFC.  I don’t know why folks are so dismissive of them, they laid an egg against the Broncos (so did we last year) but have more matchup winners at key positions than almost any other team.  And a QB like Rogers makes up for a mediocre o line.  They will be stacked with Adams.

Meanwhile the Bills’ only real receiving threat is injured already and possibly out on Sunday and then things could really get ugly in Houston and beyond.  With the Jets on deck in the Meadowlands on Monday night with Adams putting on the jersey for the first time…

Just sayin’.  This thing could go south FAST. Folks get cocky after early season wins but the margin for error with this team is razor thin.  The Jets being good would be a nightmare - biggest douche coach/QB combo in the league with the douchiest fans, getting all of that media hype, it will suck.

But listen.  We’ll have the 23rd pick in the draft next year.  We could get the 5th best WR in the draft then.   

Do I want to trade a first….absolutely not.  

I just know that would (if Adams wants) gets it done bc I don’t think the Jets will trade a first.  Just my gut.

I would trade a 2nd and a 3rd and a 3rd in 2026 something like that.  

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t agree that Adam’s is “way better” than Amari Cooper at this point.  You could even make the case that Cooper is better.

You’re making the mistake of believing that the Raiders actually care where Davante Adam’s wants to play…

If Adams tells the Steelers I want nothing to do with you guys, do you think the Steelers are trading for him?

Its 2024.  Established elite players have way more say in trades than you think.  

Don’t you think 10 other teams offered the Chiefs a similar package for Hill but Tyreek said no don’t bother I want sun and no taxes.  

If you’re building a team you want guys that want to be there especially if you’re trading away assets.  

32 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I agree with you…. 

I think most people just assume AR won’t finish the season and Tyrod ain’t “him”.  

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

But listen.  We’ll have the 23rd pick in the draft next year.  We could get the 5th best WR in the draft then.   

The 5th WR drafted isn’t necessarily the 5th best WR…..

Adams was the 9th WR drafted

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Do I want to trade a first….absolutely not.  

I just know that would (if Adams wants) gets it done bc I don’t think the Jets will trade a first.  Just my gut.

I would trade a 2nd and a 3rd and a 3rd in 2026 something like that.  

If Adams tells the Steelers I want nothing to do with you guys, do you think the Steelers are trading for him?

Its 2024.  Established elite players have way more say in trades than you think.  

Don’t you think 10 other teams offered the Chiefs a similar package for Hill but Tyreek said no don’t bother I want sun and no taxes.  

If you’re building a team you want guys that want to be there especially if you’re trading away assets.  

I could be wrong, but I think you’re way off in your assessment of what the market is for Adams.  I think the Raiders would take a second round pick but teams are only offering a third.  No way is anyone offering a second and two thirds for him.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I was worried about the Jets going into the year. It isn't that I am cocky about where they are now. I just think they look one of the worst coached teams in football and Im not sure 40 year old Aaron overcomes bad coaching the way 30 year old Aaron does. The next two are big for them. Beat Minnesota and Buffalo and they could make a run. Lose both and this think will be done well before Christmas and a house cleaning will be coming.

6 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If you’re looking for a silver lining, their window is only a couple of years. If you manage to hold them off this year, they may never catch you. The Jets should push for Adams because this year is their best chance, and will be, with Rodgers age/contract. 

• Agree 2