Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

What about that Vikings pick? 

essentially a swap of diggs for adams at the price of 2024 6th round and a 2025 5th. 

If they, like is being asked, take the salary on. the dead cap from stef really would essentially be adams for that earlier trade price. 

wouldn’t be that bad imho. 

Edited by Sojourner

1 minute ago, Sojourner said:

What about that Vikings pick? 

essentially a swap of diggs for adams at the price of 2024 6th round and a 2025 5th. 

If they, like is being asked, take the salary on. the dead cap from stef really would essentially be adams for that trade price. 

wouldn’t be that bad imho. 

I think they will want more than the 2nd to pay his salary for us. I’m fine with whatever. But, I don’t expect he will come here.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

I'm happy to hear they are interested. Not because I think we'll actually trade for him, money makes it unrealistic IMO, but makes me hopeful that they'll go after Cooper. 

My thinking as well.  Good to see they are looking.  Although Beane has said in the past that it could just be a call to check on it, might not be anything more than that.  

2 minutes ago, Process said:

I'm happy to hear they are interested. Not because I think we'll actually trade for him, money makes it unrealistic IMO, but makes me hopeful that they'll go after Cooper. 

They want to drive the price up for Rodgers to acquire him.

1 minute ago, Process said:

Yeah I hope the rumor is true for the same reason as you. Cooper to me is the ideal scenario, very affordable and no cap implications beyond this year. Hopkins would be a good addition too. I want it to be true that Beane is turning over every stone to add a legit outside WR.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Cooper would be a strong addition

Just now, HappyDays said:

Yeah I hope the rumor is true for the same reason as you. Cooper to me is the ideal scenario, very affordable and no cap implications beyond this year. Hopkins would be a good addition too. I want it to be true that Beane is turning over every stone to add a legit outside WR.

we could do what Houston did with Diggs. Essentially acquire Adams as a 1 year rental. I believe none of his 25 and 26 is guaranteed? If Raiders eat $ and we pay enough draft capital

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They want to drive the price up for Rodgers to acquire him.

well, if we don’t get him that’s a bit of consolation

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Cooper would be a strong addition

we could do what Houston did with Diggs. Essentially acquire Adams as a 1 year rental. I believe none of his 25 and 26 is guaranteed? If Raiders eat $ and we pay enough draft capital

So that’s what I heard.  If he’s released after this season that there is no dead cap hit.  

Is that true?

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm hoping the FO is not just looking for a half year rental out of some trade.  This would probably eliminate D Adams - which is okay with me. 

But DHop or Cooper might be able to be worked for the half year and 2025.  That would help eliminate the need to find a top tier WR next off-season.

The Rams brought in a known diva and won a SB - 2 actually in Von and OBJ. 

The Chiefs brought in known locker room issue and nut job Kadaruis Toney.  Won a SB.  

They have also signed JuJu.  

What are we even talking about here??  

If we aren’t serious about adding Adams maybe we don’t deserve to win a SB. 

Your team’s play is elevated when you look around and see dawgs that make plays.  

I’m not saying we can’t win a SB without him or say Cooper.  

I’m saying we increase our chances immensely if we did.   

But let’s sit back and watch the Jets (get Adams) and Chiefs (add Cooper or Hill) get better and cry oh whoa is us as we play and lose in the divisional round bc we’re down to our 4th and 5th CBs due to injury.  Injuries also hit the D line and Solomon is a starting DE in that game.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

There’s probably a 50% chance he’s playing against the Bills on MNF with the Jets in less than 2 weeks

Or a 50% chance he won’t.

I’m glad I’m not a gambler.

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The thing with cooper is that he is lazy, doesn’t want to play hurt and doesn’t always give 100%.  This is why Dallas dumped him for a fifth round pick.  They felt like he didn’t play hard vs the niners in the playoff game a few years ago because he just didn’t want to.

he is weird like that.  I don’t think he is a fit here.  Try hard is rule number 1 with McDermott.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Part of me always feels like the Bills are just used as bait in these situations to drive up the price for a team like the Jets. Nothing ever leaks out of One Bills Drive to the national media under the current regime so I want to believe this is true but deep down I don't.

Ha yup and most often the Bills never were involved to begin with.  

I will be a little surprised if he’s not a Jet before our game against them.