Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

I still think Adams doesn't fit what Beane would want in the locker room personally, but Beane also isn't afraid to make bold moves either.  So has anyone seen any actual links of Adams and the Bills and has anyone figured out how we could make it work cap wise given how big his cap hits are?

Still feels pretty unlikely to me where I think Hopkins and Cooper would be more realistic options if Beane was going to enter the market of guys who could be available.   

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well I think a pretty clear case can be made that Shakir has had a better season given he has the same yards on less catches and less opportunities thanks to blow outs.  And you can also make a case that Coleman has been a more effective outside WR considering he is also averaging 6.6 yards more per catch than Diggs has averaged over Diggs last 14 games now and would at the very least have similar yardage numbers had we not had 2 blow outs where he played basically he only played 3 quarters over weeks 2 and 3 between the blowouts and his sitting out the first quarter for being late week 3.  

Then we still have the best start to a season Josh has had and his best 3 game stretch as well.  

But I agree we haven't proved anything long term yet, but Diggs having 2 more yards under the circumstances does not prove we haven't either.  

Don’t you think that there’s a correlation of more targets meaning that you’re open more often? Last week, we saw a stat that Josh was throwing to his first read, a league low, 55 or 56% of the time? Isn’t a decent portion of that attributed to the 1st read not getting open? There’s a reason that the league leaders in targets are also the best receivers in the league. They get the ball thrown to them because they’re open.

I think arguing anything that “definitely would have happened under different circumstances” is beyond flawed. We have facts and things that we believe might have happened in a different situation. The facts outweigh what might have happened in a different situation. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

Yeah but as far as I’m concerned Cooper is towing the line of Has been. Not worth the commitment. 

Both are probably a result of the offenses they play in and neither are in great QB situations. However, Cooper is younger and has put up similar stats to Davante this year. Both receivers put up 1k yards last year. For me salary cap is the deciding factor and I would go with the cheaper and younger option. Cooper would just be a rental this year and you are not tied to him for another couple years like you would Adams who has cap hits I believe in the 40 million dollar range next 2 years.

We already got out of bad situation with Diggs and I would not jeopardize our cap situation at this point.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2976499/amari-cooper

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/16800/davante-adams

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Maxx Crosby sounded like he was  disgruntled as well. Please gauge the interest!! Maxx is a game changer, defensively 

One of my favorite non-Bills players in the league.  

I kinda just want him in this locker room to see if after a few weeks, Allen, Kincaid, Knox and Brown start getting tatted up while trading in The Killers for Moneybagg Yo. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Don’t you think that there’s a correlation of more targets meaning that you’re open more often? Last week, we saw a stat that Josh was throwing to his first read, a league low, 55 or 56% of the time? Isn’t a decent portion of that attributed to the 1st read not getting open? There’s a reason that the league leaders in targets are also the best receivers in the league. They get the ball thrown to them because they’re open.

I think arguing anything that “definitely would have happened under different circumstances” is beyond flawed. We have facts and things that we believe might have happened in a different situation. The facts outweigh what might have happened in a different situation. 

I didn't say any of this though.  Lets deal with the Facts:  Bills blew out teams and the offense mailed it in for 2 halves of football.  That is an entire games worth of football.  Are you telling me the Bills leading WR is not going to catch a single pass for 2 yards over the course of 4 quarters?  Come on...lets be realistic here.  Not to mention that our defense not getting AZ off the field the first half of week 1 and Cook dominating the first half of week 2, or the fact that week 1 Allen completed passes to 9 different WR's and then 10 different ones in week 3.  

To translate the less opportunities to be a function of a failure of Shakir doing his job is completely inaccurate and an injustice to what Shakir has done this season.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Would never happen, but this would be worth the FARM!

Now this is a trade that would make me listen.

I thought he was close with Pierce though so his disgruntled attitude maybe of a different kind.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41567922/sources-jets-saints-high-davante-adams-trade-wish-list

Two NFL teams high on Davante Adams' wish list of places to land if he's traded -- if not at the very top -- are the New York Jets and New Orleans Saints, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

Adams, 31, ideally would like to play with a quarterback he knows, sources told Schefter. The Jets have Aaron Rodgers, Adams' former teammate with the Green Bay Packers. The Saints have Derek Carr, Adams' former teammate at Fresno State and with the Las Vegas Raiders.

There also are other teams that remain interested in trading for Adams. Despite any speculation, the Kansas City Chiefs are not expected to be an option, sources told Schefter on Wednesday.

I don't really expect us to be a player in this, I'm just glad the Chiefs aren't expected to be in on it either. If he gets traded to the Jets so be it. That is a really stupid move for them to make and it will only make their inevitable offseason blowup that much more entertaining.

• Like (+1) 3

I will openly admit that the show "Receivers" soured me on Adams as the kind of fit that I think will good for the team.  I was all for trying to get him the last 2 years prior to that show though.  But since then, seeing him complain about targets in a win, regularly show lots of frustration and displeasure on the sidelines, etc has me concerned about how he will handle it if we are still spreading the ball around with him here.  Especially in a games where maybe we are losing or go on to lose.  

But prior to this year I was all about trying to get him.  So I won't hate it if we shock and trade for him, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be concerned about his potential to disrupt the fun and chemistry this team has had this year post Diggs.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone would bring up Diggs. We got a 2nd round pick for an aging diva WR, who has clearly lost a step. His ypc is abysmal. He's a possession receiver at this stage in his career. We robed the Texans, like we robed the Browns and Bengals a few years ago. Although the Browns did rob us back...lol.

And despite all that - which is true - he has more yards than our guys. That isn't disputable. That is my point - a guy who we all agree the Bills were right to give up on has better stats than our guys. So it is hard to argue we got better. Even given the context. 

As for robbing the Texans.... looks much more like that pick will almost be a third rounder than almost a first rounder at this point. Is a late 2nd in a draft one year removed still a Bills win? I think so. But it isn't quite robbery.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41567922/sources-jets-saints-high-davante-adams-trade-wish-list

I don't really expect us to be a player in this, I'm just glad the Chiefs aren't expected to be in on it either. If he gets traded to the Jets so be it. That is a really stupid move for them to make and it will only make their inevitable offseason blowup that much more entertaining.

Agree...the one spot I did not want to see him go was KC, and hopefully being in the same division that it would prevent that from happening.  Even better if KC is not interested to where its not even on the table.  I am not too worried about the Jets though.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Au contraire. Garrett Wilson will be thrilled -- https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/garrett-wilson-comments-about-jets-offense-create-a-stir.

• Thank you (+1) 1