Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

1 minute ago, Savage said:

Agreed.

I swing for the fences, and give up a second.

no more ***** footing.

We’re getting to a point where it’s now or never.

Don't the Bills have a lot of money coming off the books after the season so they will be in much better shape with the cap to be aggressive in FA next offseason.

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

From my time in sports, location is the most overrated aspect. That’s something that fans think about way more than players (especially in football). You live in that city for 1/2 of the year. If the money is right, he will play with Allen in a second.

This makes a lot of sense, especially when you consider the lifestyle of these guys. In the facility at 5AM, there all day long. It's basically a bubble and they're on the first plane out when the season ends. 

Probably OTAs would be where this plays more of a role. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

This makes a lot of sense, especially when you consider the lifestyle of these guys. In the facility at 5AM, there all day long. It's basically a bubble and they're on the first plane out when the season ends. 

Probably OTAs would be where this plays more of a role. 

Yep and OTAs are like 3 days a week 4 times a year or something. These dudes don’t care about where they are (except for the taxes).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I provided the context that I wasn't arguing for them to have retained Diggs in the very next line that you failed to quote. There was no false sense of reality. There was actual reality. Diggs has more yards than any of our receivers. That is the actual reality. That doesn't mean "the Bills should have kept Diggs" or "Diggs is better than anyone we have" and the rest of my post was pretty clear about that. But the statistic is the statistic. What has actually happened. the very definition of reality. 

2 yards more on almost nearly double the on field opportunities because of the context of the Texans vs Bills first 4 games.  Hardly paints a picture of reality based on what you are implying with your statement.  But all good, just disagree you fairly painted the picture with that statement.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

And he wanted out of the perfect situation for him, performance and victory-wise. The Packers were 39-10  (13-3, 13-3, 13-4) in the three seasons preceding his departure, and he had 321 receptions for 3,924 yards and 34 TDs in just 42 games (he missed 7 games--4 in 2020, 2 in 2021, and 1 in 2022) over that stretch. That's 7.6 receptions and 93.4 yards and nearly a TD per game -- basically, all-world stats.

He's already been established as a somewhat difficult player to deal with, so would one expect that he is one of the majority who doesn't want to pick his locale? He already did it with the Raiders, and they've been a bad franchise forever. He actively chose to play for Josh Daniels! 

I really don't believe I'm overthinking things here.  

Having said all of this, I truly believe that he's probably the best NFL receiver of the past five years or so. He's uncoverable when healthy and a great route runner.

Respectfully and obviously I’m not Adams (unfortunately 😞) but there were a bunch of factors: his college qb, Rodgers leaving GB, close to his hometown than just I want to be in Vegas. 

If you're KC, Buffalo, Baltimore, SF, Detroit, or any of the other top contenders you make the trade.

"but it's a luxury!" Yes, this entire sport is a luxury. When you have a top QB and are a contender you try to win it all, and you need playmakers. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Diggs having more yards and TD's than any Bills WR as the #2 target in his own offense isn't the burn you think it is.

I didn't say it was a burn...I said its a misrepresentation.  Had the Bills had to play all out for all 4 quarters all 4 weeks like the Texans, not only would Shakir have significantly more yards than him, but Coleman almost certainly has more yards than him too and possibly Kincaid as well.  So your comment is not quite the counter you think it is.  Context matters.

Edited by Alphadawg7

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

2 yards more on almost nearly double the on field opportunities because of the context of the Texans vs Bills first 4 games.  Hardly paints a picture of reality based on what you are implying with your statement.  But all good, just disagree you fairly painted the picture with that statement.  

I am not implying what you think I am implying. I say in the very next sentence it isn't an argument for Diggs being here and that he is diminished. I am simply stating a fact. But all the context in the world doesn't change that reality. And the Bills have not yet proved that they have got better at receiver. Quietly or otherwise. 

11 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Amari Cooper would probably be the better and cheaper move. Believe he costs less than 1 million this year after the Browns converted his 2024 salary into a signing bonus.

Yeah but as far as I’m concerned Cooper is towing the line of Has been. Not worth the commitment. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not implying what you think I am implying. I say in the very next sentence it isn't an argument for Diggs being here and that he is diminished. I am simply stating a fact. But all the context in the world doesn't change that reality. And the Bills have not yet proved that they have got better at receiver. Quietly or otherwise. 

Well I think a pretty clear case can be made that Shakir has had a better season given he has the same yards on less catches and less opportunities thanks to blow outs.  And you can also make a case that Coleman has been a more effective outside WR considering he is also averaging 6.6 yards more per catch than Diggs has averaged over Diggs last 14 games now and would at the very least have similar yardage numbers had we not had 2 blow outs where he played basically he only played 3 quarters over weeks 2 and 3 between the blowouts and his sitting out the first quarter for being late week 3.  

Then we still have the best start to a season Josh has had and his best 3 game stretch as well.  

But I agree we haven't proved anything long term yet, but Diggs having 2 more yards under the circumstances does not prove we haven't either.  

25 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Sometimes you having me shaking my head in disbelief.  You're nitpicking an actual statistic and in the same post have this beauty:

"It's 100% factual that had the Bills been forced to play start to finish all four games, that not only would Shakir....."   That is not a fact, that is you with a strong belief.  

There is an irony that is not lost here when you nitpick someone who is quoting an actual fact and saying the missing context is pushing a narrative while stating an opinion as fact to push a narrative.

You realize that Diggs has 2...just TWO more yards than Shakir right?  You think that if the Bills had to go all out both 2nd halves week 2 and 3 he wouldn't have gotten one more catch for 2 yards?  That is absurd considering he's been our leading WR.  Sorry, if you want to shake your head in disbelief, then do it at your own response here.  

But I will give you the benefit of the doubt though that you were not aware it was just 2 yards that separate them...at least I hope you didn't know that before writing this post.  

1 hour ago, BillsDad51 said:

If it hasn't already been mentioned, in August Adams called the Bills' fanbase one of the worst. Something about throwing snowballs. He may decline a trade to Buffalo.

Take Adams on the construction site of the new stadium. 

Maybe the winds will confuse him and he won't realize he just got traded to Buffalo. 

19 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Don't the Bills have a lot of money coming off the books after the season so they will be in much better shape with the cap to be aggressive in FA next offseason.

as it stands right now they have $11.65m in cap space for 2025. 

jets have a shade under $87m. that’s my reasoning they secure his services; they can pay the wages easily on top of qb familiarity. 

maybe they factor that cap space for a cheaper alternative next offseason? tee higgins talk again. or do they apply it to another pass rusher? chase young is still intriguing and could be even cheaper than his 1y/$8.6m if he has an average year again. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone would bring up Diggs. We got a 2nd round pick for an aging diva WR, who has clearly lost a step. His ypc is abysmal. He's a possession receiver at this stage in his career. We robed the Texans, like we robed the Browns and Bengals a few years ago. Although the Browns did rob us back...lol.

• Like (+1) 3