Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

59 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He may cause problems. That’s absolutely true. He may come to Buffalo and be a dominant, all-pro. That’s also true.

Is the juice worth the squeeze? For me, it’s a no brainer. The Bills WRs are bad and Adams has been one of the best WRs in football for a decade. He’s not perfect (attitude concerns, contract concerns, age concerns). At the same time, he gets off the plane and is the Bills biggest threat in the passing game by 5000 miles. 

I prefer other options, but the fear of him being difficult is a minor concern, not a major one. The Bills are bad at that position and he has been elite at that position. 

Agree 100%. It’s an all in move. Would you give up a 1st? I would. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Nah. Not a first in my opinion. 

I'd be on the fence about a 2nd.  Is Adams enough to get us a legitimate shot at the 1 seed? The division looks like it's a mess again,  so we will likely win AFCE without him. 

At that point, I'm aggressively perusing Amari Cooper, Hopkins, or someone similar. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wouldn’t give up the 1st but would give up 1 of the 2’s. If Metcalf were available I’d give a 1 because of the age. 

I have a hunch that Davante Adams wants NO part of Buffalo. That should be factored in, and he can more or less pick his location. This stuff matters a lot more than people realize, I believe. After all, Adams got the hell out of GB despite being a superstar there with one of the best passers in league history throwing to him. And he is from Palo Alto (a weather paradise) and went to school in central CA. To wit:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5791131/2024/10/02/nfl-player-polls-josh-allen-tyreek-hill-justin-jefferson/

'NFL players crisscross the country (and at times, the globe) traveling to games, and they get a pretty good idea of what a city has to offer in terms of stadium atmosphere, hotel accommodations, restaurants and entertainment. So, when asked about their favorite road trip city, 18 players made Los Angeles the top choice.

“I feel like I don’t want to do too much on road trips anyways because it’s a business trip,” one player said. “But in terms of scenery, weather and all the rest of it, probably Los Angeles.” Another said: “Anytime we go to L.A., Rams or Chargers. It’s L.A. The scenery is one of a kind.”

Las Vegas, Seattle and Miami followed.

“It’s got to be Vegas. Vegas is sweet,” one player said. “You get the full glitz and glam of it. It’s got a great stadium. A ton of food options if you’re playing a night game there that you can go out to the night before.”

The leading vote-getter for least favorite trip was Green Bay despite Lambeau Field ranking among the most hallowed grounds in football. “It’s always cold,” one player said. “There’s not a lot to do there. I love the stadium, though.” Added another, “It sucks. There’s nothing to do. The food stinks. It’s cold, obviously. It just feels like you’re in a tundra.” Others listed a limited number of dining options for their dissatisfaction with Green Bay.

A lack of bustling entertainment, diverse food options and unfavorable weather conditions prompted other players to pick Buffalo, with one player lamenting, “They ain’t even got Uber Black.”'

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

his age and cap hits are my only concern for the 1st round pick. sprinkle it with the attitude that he apparently seems unwilling to play with a “qb he doesn’t know”. 

a second rounder, sure. but a first I’m not sold on giving up. he’s been very healthy in his career so far. is this recent injury just a decision not to play or is it an actual issue and if so, how serious? will he be out multiple weeks? if it’s 4-6 weeks he’s out that’s a tough trade even for a second. 

christian watson could be interesting but I doubt GB trades him plus he comes with his own injury problems and can’t be counted upon. maybe michael pittman if indy’s season goes in the pan and richardson is out. prob’ not as he’s leading that team in targets with 29. 

very few options out there that are attainable for reasonable value. 

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I have a hunch that Davante Adams wants NO part of Buffalo. That should be factored in, and he can more or less pick his location. This stuff matters a lot more than people realize, I believe. After all, Adams got the hell out of GB despite being a superstar there with one of the best passers in league history throwing to him. And he is from Palo Alto (a weather paradise) and went to school in central CA. To wit:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5791131/2024/10/02/nfl-player-polls-josh-allen-tyreek-hill-justin-jefferson/

'NFL players crisscross the country (and at times, the globe) traveling to games, and they get a pretty good idea of what a city has to offer in terms of stadium atmosphere, hotel accommodations, restaurants and entertainment. So, when asked about their favorite road trip city, 18 players made Los Angeles the top choice.

“I feel like I don’t want to do too much on road trips anyways because it’s a business trip,” one player said. “But in terms of scenery, weather and all the rest of it, probably Los Angeles.” Another said: “Anytime we go to L.A., Rams or Chargers. It’s L.A. The scenery is one of a kind.”

“It’s got to be Vegas. Vegas is sweet,” one player said. “You get the full glitz and glam of it. It’s got a great stadium. A ton of food options if you’re playing a night game there that you can go out to the night before.”

The leading vote-getter for least favorite trip was Green Bay despite Lambeau Field ranking among the most hallowed grounds in football. “It’s always cold,” one player said. “There’s not a lot to do there. I love the stadium, though.” Added another, “It sucks. There’s nothing to do. The food stinks. It’s cold, obviously. It just feels like you’re in a tundra.” Others listed a limited number of dining options for their dissatisfaction with Green Bay.

A lack of bustling entertainment, diverse food options and unfavorable weather conditions prompted other players to pick Buffalo, with one player lamenting, “They ain’t even got Uber Black.”'

From my time in sports, location is the most overrated aspect. That’s something that fans think about way more than players (especially in football). You live in that city for 1/2 of the year. If the money is right, he will play with Allen in a second.

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

his age and cap hits are my only concern for the 1st round pick. sprinkle it with the attitude that he apparently seems unwilling to play with a “qb he doesn’t know”. 

a second rounder, sure. but a first I’m not sold on giving up. he’s been very healthy in his career so far. is this recent injury just a decision not to play or is it an actual issue and if so, how serious? will he be out multiple weeks? if it’s 4-6 weeks he’s out that’s a tough trade even for a second. 

christian watson could be interesting but I doubt GB trades him plus he comes with his own injury problems and can’t be counted upon. maybe michael pittman if indy’s season goes in the pan and richardson is out. prob’ not as he’s leading that team in targets with 29. 

very few options out there that are attainable for reasonable value. 

Good points but I think we get hung up on draft picks sometimes. I would say for his strengths, Beane and company are weakest at drafting WRs and DEs. So if it took a 1st, which would almost be a 2nd, for one of the best ones in the league, I think you really have to think about it. It’s one thing if you’re the panthers but we have SB dreams. 

I also like the talent of Watson but he’s made of glass. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Couldn’t disagree more Dave. Maybe it matters to Davante but if this was the case, I miss where all the LA, Vegas, Miami, SD before they left got all the FAs and were dominating.  For the most part, the Bills really havent struggled to get FAs. NE, GB, Pittsburgh, Cincy, Minnesota are all teams that regularly are playoff teams. Then throw in Cali taxes (and I love Cali), I think it’s way less popular with players than you think. 

I think players look at the following in order: 1 - money 2 - winning (and qb) 3 - location. It’s 2024 and players can be stars anywhere. Also, they play like 4 months a year in place and can take off when they have breaks. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Couldn’t disagree more Dave. Maybe it matters to Davante but if this was the case, I miss where all the LA, Vegas, Miami, SD before they left got all the FAs and were dominating.  For the most part, the Bills really havent struggled to get FAs. NE, GB, Pittsburgh, Cincy, Minnesota are all teams that regularly are playoff teams. Then throw in Cali taxes (and I love Cali), I think it’s way less popular with players than you think. 

I think players look at the following in order: 1 - money 2 - winning (and qb) 3 - location. It’s 2024 and players can be stars anywhere. Also, they play like 4 months a year in place and can take off when they have breaks. 

I think for a lot of players it doesn't matter, but for some it does. He forced his way from an elite team to a terrible franchise in a very popular setting for NFL players. It's a data point to consider.

For instance:

"The Adams trade shocked the league when it occurred March 17, 2022. Adams was frustrated with Green Bay and wanted to be dealt. The Raiders were rumored to be his desired destination in part because he was close friends and college teammates with then-Raiders quarterback Derek Carr and the fact that Las Vegas is close to his hometown of East Palo Alto, California."

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2023/10/3/23895138/raiders-packers-davante-adams-trade-review

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wouldn’t give up the 1st but would give up 1 of the 2’s. If Metcalf were available I’d give a 1 because of the age. 

Something about DK annoys me 😆 He seems to do a lot of dumb things in games.  I will freely admit that I didn’t love him in the draft (liked AJ brown better and he is the better player).   But he is a beast.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I think for a lot of players it doesn't matter, but for some it does. He forced his way from an elite team to a terrible franchise in a very popular setting for NFL players. It's a data point to consider.

For instance:

"The Adams trade shocked the league when it occurred March 17, 2022. Adams was frustrated with Green Bay and wanted to be dealt. The Raiders were rumored to be his desired destination in part because he was close friends and college teammates with then-Raiders quarterback Derek Carr and the fact that Las Vegas is close to his hometown of East Palo Alto, California."

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2023/10/3/23895138/raiders-packers-davante-adams-trade-review

I don’t think that really makes your point since he had his friends and it was close to his hometown. 

trust me, I’m not saying it doesn’t happen. But I think it happens way less in the NFL than most leagues. 

also, as I’ve grown older and don’t need the Vegas/ LA life every night, do we even really want players who have that mindset? Adams is a family man so he actually might like WNY minus the weather (which does suck but if global warming is real might be Virginia soon). 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Something about DK annoys me 😆 He seems to do a lot of dumb things in games.  I will freely admit that I didn’t love him in the draft (liked AJ brown better and he is the better player).   But he is a beast.

I don’t think that really makes your point since he had his friends and it was close to his hometown. 

trust me, I’m not saying it doesn’t happen. But I think it happens way less in the NFL than most leagues. 

A first for DK, all day, every day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Savage said:

A first for DK, all day, every day.

I’d be fine with it (not sure Seattle would move him). But he does get emotional and takes some super dumb penalties. I think he’s gotten himself ejected a few times as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And he wanted out of the perfect situation for him, performance and victory-wise. The Packers were 39-10  (13-3, 13-3, 13-4) in the three seasons preceding his departure, and he had 321 receptions for 3,924 yards and 34 TDs in just 42 games (he missed 7 games--4 in 2020, 2 in 2021, and 1 in 2022) over that stretch. That's 7.6 receptions and 93.4 yards and nearly a TD per game -- basically, all-world stats.

He's already been established as a somewhat difficult player to deal with, so would one expect that he is one of the majority who doesn't want to pick his locale? He already did it with the Raiders, and they've been a bad franchise forever. He actively chose to play for Josh Daniels! 

I really don't believe I'm overthinking things here.  

Having said all of this, I truly believe that he's probably the best NFL receiver of the past five years or so. He's uncoverable when healthy and a great route runner.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was only addressing this comment about Diggs about how he has more yards than our top guy.  That really shouldn’t have even been in your post unless you’re gonna provide the proper context like it was just 2 yards more on relevantly more opportunities.  Without the context it creates a false sense of reality of what that really means, which is nothing like that statement reads.

It’s 100% factual that had the Bills been forced to play start to finish all four games, that not only would Shakir have noticeably more yards, but pretty good odds are Coleman would too.  So to even mention Diggs has more yards (2) had really no value and wasn’t even worth mentioning unless you’re trying create a narrative to  support an opinion.  And your opinion is fine, just think that statement was a classic cherry picked comment to create a narrative that was unnecessary to the point you wanted to convey.  

Sometimes you having me shaking my head in disbelief.  You're nitpicking an actual statistic and in the same post have this beauty:

"It's 100% factual that had the Bills been forced to play start to finish all four games, that not only would Shakir....."   That is not a fact, that is you with a strong belief.  

There is an irony that is not lost here when you nitpick someone who is quoting an actual fact and saying the missing context is pushing a narrative while stating an opinion as fact to push a narrative.

On 10/1/2024 at 1:04 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Beane don't make the same mistake of not going to get Von when he was available from Denver. 

Make the move. No more wasting Allen 

Agreed.

I swing for the fences, and give up a second.

no more pu$$y footing around.

We’re getting to a point where it’s now or never.

put up or shut up.

*****, or get off the pot

etc…,

Edited by Savage
  • Awesome! (+1) 1