Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

36 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That’s missing a lot of context.  Houston has had to battle all 4 games start to finish.  Bills had 2 pass attempts week 1 until 2 min left in the first half and then Allen went on to complete 18 total passes but to 9 different receivers while we scored 31 points in 31 minutes.  

Week 2 Cook took over and the Bills offense went on vacation the 2nd half.  

Week 3 Allen completed passes to 10 different receivers, scored 5 TDs on 5 drives, then again the offense took a vacation the second half.

Through the first 3 games, the offense was on the field looking to pass just barely over 2 halves of football through 3 games and Allen hit 9 and 10 different receivers in those games.

Diggs has 25 rec, 233 yards, 9.8 ypc, and 2 TDs.

Shakir has 18 rec, 230 yards, 12.8 ypc, and 2 TDs.

No disrespect, but these kind of comments are just misleading.  Citing Diggs has more yards than our leading receiver creates a false positive assumption.  Shakir in less opportunities has essentially the same yards and TDs on less catches.  He’s clearly having a better season than Diggs at this point but you would not know that based on your very specific chosen phrasing.  

Coleman is averaging 15.8 ypc as well compared to Diggs 9.3 and he essentially played only a quarter week 3 after being benched first quarter and offense taking off the 2nd half.  

What Diggs is doing is Houston has little to no value for what our offense needs or is missing here.  That doesn’t mean that someone else couldn’t help this team, it just means that Diggs having more yards is a completely irrelevant statement given the context of him have just 2 yards more despite significantly more opportunities through the context of their 4 games compared to ours.  

2 entire halves of running the clock out with a multi-score lead and yet I can't believe just how many smart posters on this board are still citing stats over 4 games in comparison. It may pan out either way, yes, but the goal of the Bills offense is moving the ball and scoring points to secure a victory in each game. through 3 games the Bills did that better than every other team in the league. In the 4th game, they failed at it pretty badly. Let's see where it is after 8-10 weeks at least? and measure "success" off of scoring points and moving the ball (generating 1st downs) and not how many yards some WR has or doesn't have. That is how the Bills will be measuring their own success or lack there of, regardless of how some fans want to measure it.

With that said, I wouldn't mind Adams at all if we can somehow make the financials work (doubtful)! Of course he would make the team better.

3 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

2 entire halves of running the clock out with a multi-score lead and yet I can't believe just how many smart posters on this board are still citing stats over 4 games in comparison. It may pan out either way, yes, but the goal of the Bills offense is moving the ball and scoring points to secure a victory in each game. through 3 games the Bills did that better than every other team in the league. In the 4th game, they failed at it pretty badly. Let's see where it is after 8-10 weeks at least? and measure "success" off of scoring points and moving the ball (generating 1st downs) and not how many yards some WR has or doesn't have. That is how the Bills will be measuring their own success or lack there of, regardless of how some fans want to measure it.

With that said, I wouldn't mind Adams at all if we can somehow make the financials work (doubtful)! Of course he would make the team better.

He’s still comparing our #1 target to Houston’s #2 (for now). Bills fans should be more upset that Samuel/Hollins/MVS/Coleman are getting less stats than Diggs combined. None really contributed much in the blowouts, couple TDs that’s it. When they played a good defense the everybody eats/ be ready when you get your shot was a complete fail. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet Diggs averaged 8.9 ypc his last 10 games here too.  9.3 now in his first 4 in Houston.  Meanwhile Nico Collins is leading the NFL in receiving.  

How Diggs starts isn't in question, it's how he finishes... he fell off a cliff in the second half of the season.

100+ pages here we come!!!

and for a good guy who doesn’t get in trouble, he’s kinda of annoying. He forced his way out in GB, got a huge contract, and has just moped the entire time. I know the Raiders are a joke but this whole “I’m the only one who wants to win” (see Diggs, Stefon) would oiss me off if I was a teammate. 

that said, I would take him in a second and even offer a 1st. He’s exactly what we need. 

58 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That’s missing a lot of context.  Houston has had to battle all 4 games start to finish.  Bills had 2 pass attempts week 1 until 2 min left in the first half and then Allen went on to complete 18 total passes but to 9 different receivers while we scored 31 points in 31 minutes.  

Week 2 Cook took over and the Bills offense went on vacation the 2nd half.  

Week 3 Allen completed passes to 10 different receivers, scored 5 TDs on 5 drives, then again the offense took a vacation the second half.

Through the first 3 games, the offense was on the field looking to pass just barely over 2 halves of football through 3 games and Allen hit 9 and 10 different receivers in those games.

Diggs has 25 rec, 233 yards, 9.8 ypc, and 2 TDs.

Shakir has 18 rec, 230 yards, 12.8 ypc, and 2 TDs.

No disrespect, but these kind of comments are just misleading.  Citing Diggs has more yards than our leading receiver creates a false positive assumption.  Shakir in less opportunities has essentially the same yards and TDs on less catches.  He’s clearly having a better season than Diggs at this point but you would not know that based on your very specific chosen phrasing.  

Coleman is averaging 15.8 ypc as well compared to Diggs 9.3 and he essentially played only a quarter week 3 after being benched first quarter and offense taking off the 2nd half.  

What Diggs is doing is Houston has little to no value for what our offense needs or is missing here.  That doesn’t mean that someone else couldn’t help this team, it just means that Diggs having more yards is a completely irrelevant statement given the context of him have just 2 yards more despite significantly more opportunities through the context of their 4 games compared to ours.  

Err... only quoting half of my post is the epitome of missing context to be intentionally misleading. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

100+ pages here we come!!!

and for a good guy who doesn’t get in trouble, he’s kinda of annoying. He forced his way out in GB, got a huge contract, and has just moped the entire time. I know the Raiders are a joke but this whole “I’m the only one who wants to win” (see Diggs, Stefon) would oiss me off if I was a teammate. 

that said, I would take him in a second and even offer a 1st. He’s exactly what we need. 

He wants to play with Rodgers or Carr.  If he doesn't get his way, he may cause problems 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He wants to play with Rodgers or Carr.  If he doesn't get his way, he may cause problems 

I remember when we tried to trade for crazy AB and he didn’t want to play with 2nd year Allen. 

if you are a receiver who doesn’t want to play with Allen over Carr (Rodgers is kinda washed but I get that more), you are flat out insane. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I remember when we tried to trade for crazy AB and he didn’t want to play with 2nd year Allen. 

if you are a receiver who doesn’t want to play with Allen over Carr (Rodgers is kinda washed but I get that more), you are flat out insane. 

He may cause problems. That’s absolutely true. He may come to Buffalo and be a dominant, all-pro. That’s also true.

Is the juice worth the squeeze? For me, it’s a no brainer. The Bills WRs are bad and Adams has been one of the best WRs in football for a decade. He’s not perfect (attitude concerns, contract concerns, age concerns). At the same time, he gets off the plane and is the Bills biggest threat in the passing game by 5000 miles. 

I prefer other options, but the fear of him being difficult is a minor concern, not a major one. The Bills are bad at that position and he has been elite at that position. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dianna Russini on X: "The Jets and Cowboys are among the many teams monitoring the Davante Adams situation. Both have checked in with the Raiders. I’m told at this point that Vegas is in no rush to make a move until a team reaches their asking price — but Adams wants out ASAP." / X

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Err... only quoting half of my post is the epitome of missing context to be intentionally misleading. 

I was only addressing this comment about Diggs about how he has more yards than our top guy.  That really shouldn’t have even been in your post unless you’re gonna provide the proper context like it was just 2 yards more on relevantly more opportunities.  Without the context it creates a false sense of reality of what that really means, which is nothing like that statement reads.

It’s 100% factual that had the Bills been forced to play start to finish all four games, that not only would Shakir have noticeably more yards, but pretty good odds are Coleman would too.  So to even mention Diggs has more yards (2) had really no value and wasn’t even worth mentioning unless you’re trying create a narrative to  support an opinion.  And your opinion is fine, just think that statement was a classic cherry picked comment to create a narrative that was unnecessary to the point you wanted to convey.  

All good, just my 2 cents

• Eyeroll 1

52 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet Diggs averaged 8.9 ypc his last 10 games here too.  9.3 now in his first 4 in Houston.  Meanwhile Nico Collins is leading the NFL in receiving.  

Diggs having more yards and TD's than any Bills WR as the #2 target in his own offense isn't the burn you think it is.

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was only addressing this comment about Diggs about how he has more yards than our top guy.  That really shouldn’t have even been in your post unless you’re gonna provide the proper context like it was just 2 yards more on relevantly more opportunities.  Without the context it creates a false sense of reality of what that really means, which is nothing like that statement reads.

It’s 100% factual that had the Bills been forced to play start to finish all four games, that not only would Shakir have noticeably more yards, but pretty good odds are Coleman would too.  So to even mention Diggs has more yards (2) had really no value and wasn’t even worth mentioning unless you’re trying create a narrative to  support an opinion.  And your opinion is fine, just think that statement was a classic cherry picked comment to create a narrative that was unnecessary to the point you wanted to convey.  

All good, just my 2 cents

I provided the context that I wasn't arguing for them to have retained Diggs in the very next line that you failed to quote. There was no false sense of reality. There was actual reality. Diggs has more yards than any of our receivers. That is the actual reality. That doesn't mean "the Bills should have kept Diggs" or "Diggs is better than anyone we have" and the rest of my post was pretty clear about that. But the statistic is the statistic. What has actually happened. the very definition of reality. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

You literally have to redo adams deal to have the space to fit him.  You dont think that new deal will come with out year guarantees?

I believe I read somewhere that it drops to 8.6m around the trade deadline, and that the Raiders are willing to eat some of it. I would only do the deal, if no new guarantees are added. That being said, besides this being fun to talk about, I don't think it's too realistic. I like the idea of Amari Cooper. He's not at all a Diva, and seems like he would be the better fit. He also provides more speed on the outside, and would get Hollins off the field. Hollins is a fun story, if he's WR 5, not a starter.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I provided the context that I wasn't arguing for them to have retained Diggs in the very next line that you failed to quote. There was no false sense of reality. There was actual reality. Diggs has more yards than any of our receivers. That is the actual reality. That doesn't mean "the Bills should have kept Diggs" or "Diggs is better than anyone we have" and the rest of my post was pretty clear about that. But the statistic is the statistic. What has actually happened. the very definition of reality. 

i had this argument w someone yesterday

the passing offense is what it is. right now its pretty mediocre. i keep hearing everyone say how unrealistic it is to use the first quarter of the season as representative...well how unrealistic is it to try to use the lack of something as evidence of its existence? we aren't the only team w blowouts ffs

• Agree 1

This isn't the season to be buying rentals. We have too many holes in the roster and rookie (or nearly rookie) coordinators. Raiders will need a 1st round pick from a good team, or a 2nd round pick from a bad team to eat enough cap to make this worth it. Our 1st round pick could be a good cost-controlled starter for many years.

24 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I believe I read somewhere that it drops to 8.6m around the trade deadline, and that the Raiders are willing to eat some of it. I would only do the deal, if no new guarantees are added. That being said, besides this being fun to talk about, I don't think it's too realistic. I like the idea of Amari Cooper. He's not at all a Diva, and seems like he would be the better fit. He also provides more speed on the outside, and would get Hollins off the field. Hollins is a fun story, if he's WR 5, not a starter.

Cooper has shown he can be dominant.  Hasn't he had the drops this year though?