Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

He'll be a Jet before they get back from London.

absolutely. 

whilst its a nice thought, he reunites with rodgers before we can entertain the idea. especially with all the cap space NYJ have next season.

I wish we had the flexibility/willingness to get it on this. Exactly what this team needs. And no, I’m not overreacting to one loss. I just don’t believe the current receiver group can do it over a full season. We saw glimpses of that the other night. 

Jets will be one of the favorites to get him no doubt. Although this past Sunday Rodgers took a lot of shots by the Broncos defense. They had 5 sacks and at one point the cameras showed Rodgers leaving the field with a noticeable limp. He won't last if their OL continues to play like that so getting Adams might not help if they have to go to Taylor.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Hopefully they don't trade him to their division rival...

Sounds like a particularly 'Mark Davis-ian' move.  Second only to Woody Johnson for meddling with one's team.  Can't consider Jerry Jones, since he's technically the GM.

Pushing all of the "will they, won't they" noise and opinion to the side...

I just have on question: Can the Bills financially afford to bring in Adams? Are there any realistic levers they can pull to fit him under their salary cap this year? As far as I can tell, his base salary is $16million this year. I'm not super tuned into all the nuances of player contracts, but that seems impossible for the Bills to pull off. 

• Like (+1) 2

As others have said...I think this has Jets written all over it.  And if not them, probably Steelers.

And as I have said, while he is an elite talent, I do think his "I need the ball" attitude would be a bad fit for our teams chemistry right now here.  He was upset after a win when he didn't get the ball enough last year.  He gets pissed when he isn't getting the ball in games and vocally complains up and down the sidelines.  

While I would never rule it out, just seems like an odd fit after trading Diggs to bring in a WR who has openly complained and thrown fits on the sidelines a lot more than Diggs ever did even.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

There are some disgruntled WRs out there in addition to Adams..  What about DJ Moore or even Tyreek..  of course they'd never trade him to Buffalo and he's not a character fit but he is checking out down there.

23 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

He'll be a Jet before they get back from London.

That's the prevailing thought but is WR really a need for them? They have a #1 in Garrett Wilson (I know his chemistry with Rodgers hasn't fully developed yet, but still) and paid good money for Mike Williams. They need offensive line, offensive line, and more offensive line.

• Agree 1

No thanks. Draft and develop your own receivers. You never see KC making big splash trades like this, and they have had just as many issues with WR talent. They sign cheap guys and draft to develop.

Let the perennial losing teams make the big splash trades.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Jets can have him.  

But if the Raiders are deciding to tank their season, go all in.  

Can we inquire about Maxx Crosby?  

mad maxx would be an insane trade. that though is the one player I think they put a “off limits” unless it’s something absurd like multiple 1st rounders. 

• Agree 1