Not Many Great NFL matchups so Far on Game Days

BuffaloBaumer

I don't know if there are just not that many great teams anymore but each Sunday, there does not seem to be that marquee game. Having said that, how in the world do they put Ravens vs Bengals on at 1pm? That is the one non-Bills game I would have loved to have watched this year, ugh. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I don't know if there are just not that many great teams anymore but each Sunday, there does not seem to be that marquee game. Having said that, how in the world do they put Ravens vs Bengals on at 1pm? That is the one non-Bills game I would have loved to have watched this year, ugh. 

I think the league is in transition, a big transition, and teams haven't adjusted yet. The change from passing to running is dramatic. One result is that, as you suggest, there aren't many great teams. Maybe there are some great teams, but we don't know yet who they are. KC is 4-0, but other than the W-L they aren't looking great. Ravens are dominant, but teams will catch up to them. Nobody really believes that the Seahawks, the Bucs, the Commanders, the Steelers, even the Bills, are all that good.  

Some of those teams are actually good; we just don't it yet. So, there are good matchups happening, but we don't understand yet which games they are. More importantly, the networks don't understand either, so they don't know which games to showcase. 

Wait six weeks. Then, there'll be a few teams with two losses, and we will know which games are the good ones.

There's a good bet that three of the good games will be Bills-Chiefs, Bills-49ers, Bills-Lions. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

So you want better matchups on Sundays, but aren’t happy that Ravens v Bengals are on Sunday?

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

So you want better matchups on Sundays, but aren’t happy that Ravens v Bengals are on Sunday?

No, I said that the Ravens Bengals matchup is the game of the week so why in the world are they putting it on at 1pm????

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

No, I said that the Ravens Bengals matchup is the game of the week so why in the world are they putting it on at 1pm????

what was weird too, week 2 they put texans/bears and falcons/eagles in the prime time slots over the chiefs/bengals matchup. 

All you need is 3, maybe 4 good to great matchups per week.  We already have the Bills game no matter who they are playing.  I looked forward to Seattle vs Detroit last night and it was a fun game.  There's usually a few of those per week.