Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

4 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Is it just me or are the Texans super overrated. They haven’t dominated any games, the only good team they played they got crushed. They were a playoff team last year that barely made it and they had the 4th place schedule in the weakest division. Am I missing something? We are underdogs right now

September football.  Everyone is figuring out who they are and the teams are figuring it how to use their players and what works.

Like buffalo they have injured players.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sounds like Dawkins will play and Shakir will be a gametime decision.  I personally believe shakir can not practice all week and just get treatement and still play.

seems like a no for sure on rapp and johnson.   Johnson has an oblique injury so I wonder if he goes to IR saturday.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

seems like a no for sure on rapp and johnson.   Johnson has an oblique injury so I wonder if he goes to IR saturday

Based on Johnson interview etc. I think he might be in line to return the next 2 weeks. As far as Rapp goes, I'm actually excited to say "Welcome to NFL Bishop." From the limited number of snaps he played in garbage times and replacing Rapp last Sunday night, He sure looks to be the most physically gifted Safety the Bills ever had, at least in McDermott era. Size and Speed. The draft guide says he's instinctual, well we haven't see that. But if it is true, he needs to play to get used to the NFL speed and power, how opposing teams schemes play out on the field (instead of reading from films). He may take some lumps but we WILL need him to solve our Safety issues down the line. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, PoundingDog said:

Based on Johnson interview etc. I think he might be in line to return the next 2 weeks. As far as Rapp goes, I'm actually excited to say "Welcome to NFL Bishop." From the limited number of snaps he played in garbage times and replacing Rapp last Sunday night, He sure looks to be the most physically gifted Safety the Bills ever had, at least in McDermott era. Size and Speed. The draft guide says he's instinctual, well we haven't see that. But if it is true, he needs to play to get used to the NFL speed and power, how opposing teams schemes play out on the field (instead of reading from films). He may take some lumps but we WILL need him to solve our Safety issues down the line. 

Can we replace Hamlin with Mike Edwards already?!?!?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Can we replace Hamlin with Mike Edwards already?!?!?

I hear you. Both Edwards and Hamlin are bit players in NFL. They can function with a a star player next to them. Edwards is an example of that in Tampa and KC. You just have to trust McDermott and Co. on safeties that they deemed Hamlin is above Edwards right now. We can only hope Bishop can become that star safety one day. 

If Bishop shows that he belongs the next couple of games (not a star), when Rapp returns, your wish just might be granted that they push Hamlin to the bench.  

5 minutes ago, PoundingDog said:

I hear you. Both Edwards and Hamlin are bit players in NFL. They can function with a a star player next to them. Edwards is an example of that in Tampa and KC. You just have to trust McDermott and Co. on safeties that they deemed Hamlin is above Edwards right now. We can only hope Bishop can become that star safety one day. 

If Bishop shows that he belongs the next couple of games (not a star), when Rapp returns, your wish just might be granted that they push Hamlin to the bench.  

whilst edwards isn’t the best, putting him on the same ability as damar is a bit harsh. he’s a average starter in this league who definitely needs the right pairing to help but I don’t think his safety partner defines whether he plays bad or good. that does with damar. 

2 minutes ago, PoundingDog said:

McD is more worried about who know the Xs and Os then who actually can get the job done. Being mistake free but can’t make the play is just as bad as making mistake. Jmo

We’ve seen numerous lineup mistakes over the years with McD. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

14 hours ago, paulmm3 said:

Was just playing around with some stats when I noticed the Bills actually have the best pass defense in the league this year ranked by yards per attempt. The Bills also have by a very significant amount the worst run defense in the league in terms of yards per carry. Wonder how teams will game plan against us?

The key will be the offense scoring early and often. 

• Like (+1) 1