Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

41 minutes ago, Gregg said:

You know who has been very impressive to start his career. Giants WR Malik Nabers. Three games and already 35 receptions 386 yards with 3 TD's. Looks like the Giants got a stud at WR. Wish the Bills could have someone like this.

All they have to do is be as bad as the Giants and they will get a shot at a player like that in the draft.  Personally, not interested.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Texans have looked very mediocre to me, Jax should have won.  could see a dominant W if our D shows up. Our O should have a massive game...

Trubisky will finish in 4th qtr

Edited by JerseyBills

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Texans have looked very mediocre to me, Jax should have won.  could see a dominant W if our D shows up. Our O should have a massive game...

With the injuries I don't see the Bills D having much success against the Texans. The Bills will need to control the clock and keep Stroud off the field as much as possible. Next to Allen I think Cook will be the most important player for the Bills this game.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Main thing that worries me is physical run game and Diggs vs Lewis. 

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I also respect it. 

I also find it extremely boring and predictable, which is why I rarely listen to his conferences….they offer basically nothing of substance 

there are collectively bargained standards for what coaches are allowed to say about players. He would literally get fined or grieved for revealing what you're looking for him to say.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

They’re not entitled to know, nor are we as fans. 

Right or wrong, McDermott is protecting his player by limiting the conversation around this. His obligation is to the organization and the players, not the media and fans. 

7 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

there are collectively bargained standards for what coaches are allowed to say about players. He would literally get fined or grieved for revealing what you're looking for him to say.

Again, no one is asking for him to get into the weeds of the case (or maybe the reporters are, but they already know he’d never go there). But how is not answering what players are permitted to do around the facility protecting them? How is this a collective bargaining issue? Is it a collective bargaining issue to confirm what the suspension is for and leave it at that? He can limit conversation by not getting into the case, or he can make every answer general, as it pertains to anyone in that situation. I don’t see how either of those are wrong, or how the CBA would find him at fault. It’s his prerogative to answer as he wants of course, but count me on the list of those who don’t appreciate a genuine attempt to answer questions.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well we have to suck then.  Because the top elite talents are usually found in the top 10. 

Brandon Beane felt the same and said it’s why he traded for Diggs, but great talent can be found anywhere in the draft. In fact, I bet most of the productive WRs in the NFL now were drafted long after pick 10. Just gotta be lucky. 

• Like (+1) 1

For a guy who’s viewed as in the next tier of QB after Mahomes, Allen & Jackson, Stroud has strangely bad splits against good teams vs bad teams.. almost Tua-like. 

I don’t exactly know what we are rolling into Houston with no Von, Taron, Bernard, Rapp, A. Johnson and apparently still playing a guy who should be emergency depth at starting Safety, but Stroud against good teams hasn’t really been the same guy against everyone else. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Gregg said:

With the injuries I don't see the Bills D having much success against the Texans. The Bills will need to control the clock and keep Stroud off the field as much as possible. Next to Allen I think Cook will be the most important player for the Bills this game.

Well they have no run game and Buf is currently the best pass D, Stroud will get his yards, just gotta keep em out the end zone

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

You know who has been very impressive to start his career. Giants WR Malik Nabers. Three games and already 35 receptions 386 yards with 3 TD's. Looks like the Giants got a stud at WR. Wish the Bills could have someone like this.

The Bills didnt have the 6th pick in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Main thing that worries me is physical run game and Diggs vs Lewis. 

Mixon will be out, Pierce likely as well. 

Their run gm has looked bad without em. 

Bernard could potentially be back!

Also Dell limited, might play, might not, if not, Diggs tends to play outside, Bobby Woods filled in last week

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Mixon will be out, Pierce likely as well. 

Their run gm has looked bad without em. 

Bernard could potentially be back!

Also Dell limited, might play, might not, if not, Diggs tends to play outside, Bobby Woods filled in last week

I think Mixon being out will be enough to make a big difference in ths game.  I hope you are right.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Mixon being out would make a huge difference, in my opinion.

I have a decent amount of faith in the Bills to be able to shut Akers down (especially after getting embarrassed in the run game last week, you just know McDermott is gonna be preaching run fits all week) and make the Texans one-dimensional.

I think who does and doesn't play for the Bills could be the key to this game. As of this moment, Bernard, Johnson, and Dawkins are all questionable, and who from that group is active will go a long way in determining the Bills' likelihood of victory.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

I disagree double G Gregg.  (or is is triple G)

I think our defense will be a big key to this game.  Even though Stroud has been playing well, he is still a second year QB, and McD has a pretty good track record against young QB's.  I believe we will shut down their run game, and give Stroud a bunch of looks he hasn't seen before, which will lead to him making mistakes. Hopefully he will become indecisive, which will lead to him holding the ball a beat longer, allowing our defense to get to him early and often.

• Like (+1) 1

Is it just me or are the Texans super overrated. They haven’t dominated any games, the only good team they played they got crushed. They were a playoff team last year that barely made it and they had the 4th place schedule in the weakest division. Am I missing something? We are underdogs right now

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 2