Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

10 hours ago, Brand J said:

McD is very cagey with answers he doesn’t need to protect. 

“Is this suspension in regards to last year’s allegation?”

[paraphrased McD] With respect to Von and the suspension I won’t get into the why. 

“Coach, can Von be at the facility while under suspension?”

[paraphrased McD] Again, with respect to the process I won’t get into all of that. 

How difficult would it be to say “as I understand it, it is in regards to last year, but I won’t go into it much more than that.”

or

”When a player is suspended, he is allowed or not allowed to _______.” 

Not difficult, but he basically said I am not going there next question.

I respect that.

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I respect that.

Yes, he didn’t want to get into the details of the suspension, but I think it’s more than fair to share what suspended players are permitted to do around the facility. I don’t know myself, would’ve learned something. You can give general answers to questions, reporters are asking because they don’t know. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Jerry Hughes?!

Hughes is a borderline fringe all time Bill. The guy was super productive right at the post drought turnaround of the franchise. For all the Tre white/Poyer/Hyde etc love…you gotta throw jerry in there. Which we got one while he was here but hopefully he’s not far when we do get it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Brand J said:

Yes, he didn’t want to get into the details of the suspension, but I think it’s more than fair to share what suspended players are permitted to do around the facility. I don’t know myself, would’ve learned something. You can give general answers to questions, reporters are asking because they don’t know. 

They’re not entitled to know, nor are we as fans. 

Right or wrong, McDermott is protecting his player by limiting the conversation around this. His obligation is to the organization and the players, not the media and fans. 

• Agree 4

6 hours ago, WideNine said:

I respect that.

I also respect it. 

I also find it extremely boring and predictable, which is why I rarely listen to his conferences….they offer basically nothing of substance 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, <bills4life> said:

Yeah that 31 yds a game is mesmerizing.

For pity’s sake, get a grip on yourself. The guy is 20 years old and has played four games in his NFL career.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Can you tell me how many yards a game Davante Adams averaged in his first 4 games as a rookie?

You know who has been very impressive to start his career. Giants WR Malik Nabers. Three games and already 35 receptions 386 yards with 3 TD's. Looks like the Giants got a stud at WR. Wish the Bills could have someone like this.

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

You know who has been very impressive to start his career. Giants WR Malik Nabers. Three games and already 35 receptions 386 yards with 3 TD's. Looks like the Giants got a stud at WR. Wish the Bills could have someone like this.

Well we have to suck then.  Because the top elite talents are usually found in the top 10. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well we have to suck then.  Because the top elite talents are usually found in the top 10. 

Not that I want the Bills to have a down year but if they do then the one good thing to come out of it will be drafting closer to the top of the draft. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Not that I want the Bills to have a down year but if they do then the one good thing to come out of it will be drafting closer to the top of the draft. 

The Pats, and now the Chiefs, have had long stretches being at the top without needing a crummy season to restock the roster. This should not be a necessity for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

The Pats, and now the Chiefs, have had long stretches being at the top without needing a crummy season to restock the roster. This should not be a necessity for the Bills.

But this year especially with the injuries could be a "reset" year. Hope it's not and I do think the Bills will find a way to win the division. But I don't see them having much of a chance to win a Super Bowl this year.

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Can you tell me how many yards a game Davante Adams averaged in his first 4 games as a rookie?

I'll do you even better!

He averaged 27.9 yards per game his entire rookie season! Shot up to 37.2 yards per game in his sophomore season!

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1