Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Mike Edwards should be out there IMO.   He's a playmaker and experience on 2 SB winners.... 

last season it was him and cook splitting the safety job opposite until the playoffs. he was the guy opposite Reid except the game they played us where it was Reid/Chamari Conner. 

guy can play and has to be an improvement over damar at the free safety. damar, at least to me if he’s playing, is suited at strong safety far better than the free role.

sadly, for that role speed and coverage instincts are not something that come to mind when you think of hamlin 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm bummed that Vikings fans were right about Diggs.  

I loved how he was his first few years here - really, right up until that Cincy playoff game.  He helped change the culture.

But then he just became the malcontent diva that everyone said he'd be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I did not read through

Any updates on Rapp ?

He can call defenses reasonably well and with Bernard down we need some smarts back there. yes i know Safety and LB but SS and FS can call down to LBs

edit  oops  went back and read

now caught up

whats the hype about this Cine ??

Edited by 3rdand12

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I did not read through

Any updates on Rapp ?

He can call defenses reasonably well and with Bernard down we need some smarts back there. yes i know Safety and LB but SS and FS can call down to LBs

I am going to suggest , there were communication issues with that injured defense.

And I am surprised how the Ravens were outsmarting the O Line and getting the right protections in place.

Coaching this stuff up I sure hope.

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

yes he is !

1 tech ? Nose ?

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm bummed that Vikings fans were right about Diggs.  

I loved how he was his first few years here - really, right up until that Cincy playoff game.  He helped change the culture.

But then he just became the malcontent diva that everyone said he'd be.

107 receptions 1183 yards 8 TD

Shakir, Coleman, and Hollins combined will be lucky to produce that much

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

My guess is that we see Bishop running in Rapp's spot until he returns, and if he's played well then maybe he stays on the filed when Rapp comes back and Hamlin is finally the odd man out. Then the starting safeties are what I think the Bills probably envisioned this summer.

As for Cine, I wonder if the Bills might be intrigued by the idea of him in Taron Johnson's role and are seeing if he can handle the multiple responsibilities if the need arises . Ingram is about the same size and plays with a physical edge so I doubt they feel compelled to replace him with a new guy. If they are looking to get somebody off the field, it might even be Nick Morrow and maybe they're looking to see if Cine could run there, which might even be sort of a simplified version of Taron's role.

It seems to me they are looking at the role that Poyer played some last years when the LB depth was tested.  Cine is athletic and can hit, but his coverage skills are lacking. (My understanding from his time in MN) I agree that they probably would prefer to get Morrow off the field in that role.  

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Those are just stats.  He disappeared the 2nd half of last season and against KC in the playoffs - and there is a lot to be said for team chemistry, fewer distractions, and playing w/ joy for the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

I believe he was with the LBs for the team group photos that were released last week

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Shakir is already on pace for almost 1k yards.  You dont think Coleman and Hollins can combine for a couple hundred more? Coleman already has 126.

Yeah, nobody on the team is going to produce Diggs stats individually.  At least, not likely.  Saying you think 3 people combined would be lucky to produce that much is a little ridiculous though.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 2

Houston gonna smoke them if no Shakir. 

dont have a good feeling about this game. Have a feeling their D is on par w BAL. 

And I have zero faith in our D without the injured starters

Dvoa 

buf 6 overall. 6th O. 10th D.

hous 11 overall. 20th O. 6th D. 

https://ftnfantasy.com/dvoa/nfl/team-total-dvoa

Darnold threw 4 TDs. Allen better have a bounce back game. 

Edited by balln

26 minutes ago, balln said:

Houston gonna smoke them if no Shakir. 

dont have a good feeling about this game. Have a feeling their D is on par w BAL. 

And I have zero faith in our D without the injured starters

Dvoa 

buf 6 overall. 6th O. 10th D.

hous 11 overall. 20th O. 6th D. 

https://ftnfantasy.com/dvoa/nfl/team-total-dvoa

Darnold threw 4 TDs. Allen better have a bounce back game. 

Serious question…. Have you ever had a good feeling about a Bills game?

• Haha (+1) 4

Was just playing around with some stats when I noticed the Bills actually have the best pass defense in the league this year ranked by yards per attempt. The Bills also have by a very significant amount the worst run defense in the league in terms of yards per carry. Wonder how teams will game plan against us?

• Like (+1) 1