Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

McD is very cagey with answers he doesn’t need to protect. 

“Is this suspension in regards to last year’s allegation?”

[paraphrased McD] With respect to Von and the suspension I won’t get into the why. 

“Coach, can Von be at the facility while under suspension?”

[paraphrased McD] Again, with respect to the process I won’t get into all of that. 

How difficult would it be to say “as I understand it, it is in regards to last year, but I won’t go into it much more than that.”

or

”When a player is suspended, he is allowed or not allowed to _______.” 

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

someone can fact check this but it looks like of all QBs who have started 4 games, Allen is the only one remaining who hasn't thrown a pick

correct. buffalo is the only team to not throw an INT. 

9 teams with 1 so far on the season. 

Josh/Buffalo has thrown the 4th fewest pass attempts also @ 104

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure if this has been linked to elsewhere yet or not, but read interesting piece from Jeremy Fowler about the breakup with Diggs posted today:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41549792/stefon-diggs-buffalo-bills-divorce-houston-texans-josh-allen

Doesn’t quote sources, but pretty much matches up with what we’ve gleaned already, that the juice wound up not being worth the squeeze, and that around the time of the Dallas game last year, it crystallized that, “maybe we can do this without him.” Also the Bills weren’t actively shopping him, more of a situation that the Texans made a can’t refuse offer. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Not sure if this has been linked to elsewhere yet or not, but read interesting piece from Jeremy Fowler about the breakup with Diggs posted today:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41549792/stefon-diggs-buffalo-bills-divorce-houston-texans-josh-allen

Doesn’t quote sources, but pretty much matches up with what we’ve gleaned already, that the juice wound up not being worth the squeeze, and that around the time of the Dallas game last year, it crystallized that, “maybe we can do this without him.” Also the Bills weren’t actively shopping him, more of a situation that the Texans made a can’t refuse offer. 

i just got done reading that and noticed they feel that the texans might have even been the only team in play so they got once heck of a deal

it also referenced the whole trayvon “14 need to get up outta there” situation which is hilarious. does anyone post that “7 needs to get up outta there” when the cowboys are on their usual downward spiral?

• Haha (+1) 2

I have vented enough on the Ravens game.

I knew it was a bad matchup going in so just move on, turn the page, different opponent, different strategy.

Hoping my Bills bounce back and have a redemption game to get back on track with a great game plan that is well executed.

Looking for the OL and DL to shine this game. It starts up front, always has.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Dawkins not practicing and being questionable for the game is a major issue.  The Texans have an excellent DLine.

Not really worried about our OL in man up situations.  4/5 are above average and Torrence is a guy who just needs to get his act back together .. we’ve seen him do it. 

If Dawkins can’t go, it is what it is.  Van Demark won’t be a top tier LT, but he likely won’t be a massive liability either. 

What I’m more worried about is them figuring out how to counter what Baltimore did schematically. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Not really worried about our OL in man up situations.  4/5 are above average and Torrence is a guy who just needs to get his act back together .. we’ve seen him do it. 

If Dawkins can’t go, it is what it is.  Van Demark won’t be a top tier LT, but he likely won’t be a massive liability either. 

What I’m more worried about is them figuring out how to counter what Baltimore did schematically. 

Houston has excellent ends.  Way better than Baltimore.  This is just a tough game on offense as baltimore was just in a different way.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brand J said:

Looks like they’re trying to find a way to get him on the field, likely as part of some package. 

If rapp is out it would be odd if he played and not edwards but we shall see

• Like (+1) 2