Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Houston doesn’t have much talent up front on defense…if they could trade a couple star wrs for run stuffers for just this week somehow they’d absolutely do it 

id actually argue we were less healthy against jax if taron or Bernard play today.  Down two starting linebackers and a nickel corner is really tough.  I’d rather be down a wr, a DT, and von given our roster 

We don’t have a enough good WR to be down our best. This team should have Diggs, the upgrade from Davis, and Shakir before you start to hit the scrubs

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley

3 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

We don’t have a bough good WR to be down our best. This team should have Diggs, the upgrade from Davis, and Shakir before you start to hit the scrubs

Houston is gonna have to commit a ton of resources to stopping the run and keeping Josh in the pocket imo…I don’t think throwing the ball will be too difficult as the game goes on 

I really don’t think we have any scrubs at wr personally.  There’s no standout but there’s a handful of pretty good players.  Keon and Josh look like they’re in a rhythm on the back shoulder throws too

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

I've mentioned it this week but this is not a must win game today.  Hopefully the Bills can relax, play loose, have fun and take the W vs Houston but next week is a bigger game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Houston is gonna have to commit a ton of resources to stopping the run and keeping Josh in the pocket imo…I don’t think throwing the ball will be too difficult as the game goes on 

I really don’t think we have any scrubs at wr personally.  There’s no standout but there’s a handful of pretty good players.  Keon and Josh look like they’re in a rhythm on the back shoulder throws too

Anyone that can get open consistently?

I want Allen to play well, but he doesn't have to be Superman today.  Houston's D is physical.  I watched that Chicago game and they were lighting up Bears players.  We don't need Allen taking extra hits today.  Just play the game, run the ball, distribute the ball, but don't need to be Superman and take shots from head hunting LB's and DB's.  

7 hours ago, The Cincinnati Kid said:

Roses are Red,

Violets are blue.

The Bills will win this game,

I believe that to be true.

Now, what about that Haiku…?

I need something to get the bad taste of the Sabres opening weekend out.

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I need something to get the bad taste of the Sabres opening weekend out.

No joke...that was ugly.  With my Wolverines also losing yesterday, I really need the Bills to right the ship to salvage the weekend.

Edited by Jukester
  • Like (+1) 2

I guarantee you no other team in the league spends so much time worrying about/talking about/setting aside and obsessing over guys that are active for special teams. You’d think we were the greatest ST unit of all time with all the resources wasted on it. We aren’t even good at it. We will dress a STs LB ahead of guys that can help you score but not replace a kicker that’s been terrible for 2 years. You can kick every ball into the end zone and fair catch everything if too had to. It ain’t that serious. It’s been phased out for safety reasons to the point where if it ever hurts you, it’s your own stupidity for letting it

• Thank you (+1) 1

I really wish we had a better plan a month later at Nickel. We have 3/4 good ish corners…one of them needed to slide inside. Cam Lewis shouldn’t even be on you list of available candidates. You couldn’t move either Elam or Benford in there until Johnson comes back? It can’t be that different and even still, those guys  B game is more then anything Cam Lewis has

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I guarantee you no other team in the league spends so much time worrying about/talking about/setting aside and obsessing over guys that are active for special teams. You’d think we were the greatest ST unit of all time with all the resources wasted on it. We aren’t even good at it. We will dress a STs LB ahead of guys that can help you score but not replace a kicker that’s been terrible for 2 years. You can kick every ball into the end zone and fair catch everything if too had to. It ain’t that serious. It’s been phased out for safety reasons to the point where if it ever hurts you, it’s your own stupidity for letting it

Can’t disagree with any of this but I just watched bills legend Trent Sherfield just make a fantastic special teams play while reading this which made me chuckle 🤣

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Have heard a few comments this week about how Diggs is finally loving the game, and how it’s so nice to see him having fun. I anticipate more throughout the game.

yeah only took three professional teams, 10 seasons, and about $137M. Consummate professional! 

Edited by Nelius
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Have heard a few comments this week about how Diggs is finally loving the game, and how it’s so nice to see him having fun. I anticipate more throughout the game.

yeah only took three professional teams, 10 seasons, and about $137M. Consummate professional! 

That story comes out every time he joins a new team 😂

13 minutes ago, RousseauRage said:

Crazy to me that we're underdogs in this one. We're winning by double digits.

Man I hope you're right, but I heard the same predictions last week. "Ravens defense is bad" Yada Yada 

Just now, Steptide said:

Man I hope you're right, but I heard the same predictions last week. "Ravens defense is bad" Yada Yada 

If it makes you feel any better I thought we’d lose the ravens game and win this one 🤣 

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Tytus Howard out at RT for the Texans.  They're starting a rookie in his place.  

Today would be a good day for Rousseau to reappear.

They’re missing some linebackers too and Al-shaair was questionable with an illness but is playing so maybe not 100%

1 hour ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Anyone that can get open consistently?

I mean it’s all related…if you can run the ball and the pass blocking holds up it gets really tough to cover anybody.  On the flip side you can have a superstar wr like Justin Jefferson in the jets game right now not separate when those things aren’t happening consistently