Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

Just now, NewEra said:

I think that’s probably the case unless our OC and DC bring their A game

HEY !

Mixon and i thought another RB are out for them.

Not like playing the Ravens this week again

Nico Collins watch alert panic flag up for me

On any Sunday , for sure

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DJB said:

The injuries on D every year is pretty frustrating and it’s always our best players seemingly .

Frustrated Fainting GIF
me every time another Bill starter goes down.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

I think Vegas might have the scoop; Taron and Bernard are playing (?) 

Texans have a similar schedule where they played 3 teams they should’ve beat and one good team and they struggled mightily in every game even the wins

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

AJE is playing for a contract and hasn’t really shown any improvement over the last couple years. 

I agree. 

He’ll be here next year anyways, with 3.5 left in guarentees in 2025. I’m more interested to see Solomon. 

McDermott Trotting out Toohill and Smoot against a pass happy pocket QB just does nothing for me. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

no. barely even a rotational player. he’s only played 17% of the defensive snaps this season, a total of 40. 

Good he’s out. I had a fleeting thought that he musters one final dip under Spencer brown for a sack on Josh to win the game - bc you know. Billsy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

HEY !

Mixon and i thought another RB are out for them.

Not like playing the Ravens this week again

Nico Collins watch alert panic flag up for me

On any Sunday , for sure

Pretty sure pierce is questionable but seems like he might go.

i think the key to stopping them is a dominant performance by the DL-  with no Ed, no Von and no Johnson (oh well).  Likely going to have to manufacture pressure with great play design and confusion.  It’s possible…..and likely necessary or Nico and Diggs (with Cam Lewis covering him) are gonna make life miserable.  

losing Ed was a back breaker for me.  Random injury in practice and missed a HUGE game while already missing several other starters.  🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1

A couple of quick thoughts:

1) I’m glad the message board this week wasn’t 1000 pages on Diggs not loving us and vice versa. This group has really become more secure since we’ve gotten good. If this would have happened in 2015, for example, there would be 100 pages of us crying about our gf leaving us.

2) Why the hell is there talk of a “Diggs revenge game?” Revenge from what? He came to a franchise that paid him a boatload of money, threw him the ball 10 times a game, and where he played the best football of his career. He asked to go and they traded him to a place that he was happy with. What is this revenge I’m missing?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

2) Why the hell is there talk of a “Diggs revenge game?” Revenge from what? He came to a franchise that paid him a boatload of money, threw him the ball 10 times a game, and where he played the best football of his career. He asked to go and they traded him to a place that he was happy with. What is this revenge I’m missing?

Better ask Nico Collins. The whole thing is a load of *****. He was treated like royalty here. If anyone should feel wronged and want revenge, it’s the teammates he abandoned with his jumping ship. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nico-collins-we-gotta-go-out-here-and-win-for-stefon-diggs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Better ask Nico Collins. The whole thing is a load of *****. He was treated like royalty here. If anyone should feel wronged and want revenge, it’s the teammates he abandoned with his jumping ship. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nico-collins-we-gotta-go-out-here-and-win-for-stefon-diggs

Absolutely. How about win one for Josh instead?

Tired of all these diva receivers with their ME ME ME attitude. Delicate genius BS. The narrative around Diggs is absolutely ******

How did Diggs’ return to Minnesota go?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Helmet of said:

Absolutely. How about win one for Josh instead?

Tired of all these diva receivers with their ME ME ME attitude. Delicate genius BS. The narrative around Diggs is absolutely ******

How did Diggs’ return to Minnesota go?

His act wore thin. I don’t think he’s a bad guy, but you can only be that intense for so long until people just get fed up with it. I think he saw it, and obviously the rest of the team did too.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

His act wore thin. I don’t think he’s a bad guy, but you can only be that intense for so long until people just get fed up with it. I think he saw it, and obviously the rest of the team did too.

This is perfectly put. Diggs is just one of those PITA guys who is tolerated when he’s happy, but once he’s not happy….

39 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

35 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

This is perfectly put. Diggs is just one of those PITA guys who is tolerated when he’s happy, but once he’s not happy….

Raging narcissist. Actually SUPER charismatic and genuinely likeable when he's happy. And of course elite at his craft. Just goes bad quickly once he's bored or some time passes or whatever. 

As for facing him, yeah I do worry about him as a motivated opponent. Would love to see the D hit him all game long, but that's not exactly how the Bills roll. 

• Like (+1) 4

Since we need somthing postive to think about going into this game and since a lot of rookies

are going to get a chance to step up this game...I thought i'd bring up Cole Bishop.

Being from utah I really like utah players and even with being a smaller school we have put out some excellent Defensive players.  

I watched the cover one film break down on him against the Ravens.   He played fairly well, made some very heady plays where you could see both

his physical attributes and the processing part of him.   one play he seen the guy coming into to block him on his way to Derek, he

slowed down to take on the block and keeping his head on derek waited for him to get to him and then broke off and wrapped Derek and 

dropped him to the ground.   

so after this I went back and looked at his 23 year highlights.   There you really see his speed and physical play.   He caused numerous 

forced fumbles from hitting the receiver or rb.   he is also a very good pass rusher and had some decent sacks along

with some amazing interceptions, dude has some good hands.

It really pops on film just how fast and physical he is.   

For Bills fans that have been saying we need bigger faster players on D he fits the bill all around.   Beane stepped up very well to provide in this instance

what we have been clamoring for.

I think we will see once he gets more exp in this system that he will be playing faster and more physical still.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A2) Why the hell is there talk of a “Diggs revenge game?” Revenge from what? He came to a franchise that paid him a boatload of money, threw him the ball 10 times a game, and where he played the best football of his career. He asked to go and they traded him to a place that he was happy with. What is this revenge I’m missing?

It's because of what fans said about him after he left. He even commented on it on social media, as did other players (I think, maybe it was just his brother).

He wanted out, but didn't want the backlash that comes with that. Now he's probably got Texans players thinking fans treated him like crap the whole time. It's annoying.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Raging narcissist. Actually SUPER charismatic and genuinely likeable when he's happy. And of course elite at his craft. Just goes bad quickly once he's bored or some time passes or whatever. 

As for facing him, yeah I do worry about him as a motivated opponent. Would love to see the D hit him all game long, but that's not exactly how the Bills roll. 

Agreed, and I'm also a bit worried that Diggs has far more info to give on the Bills & their tendencies than the usual former players would.

He knows Josh well, he knows some of Brady's playbook (and who knows how many concepts were carried over from Dorsey or if terminology stayed the same), he knows McDermott, he's practiced against most of this defense quite a bit, etc. so he'll definitely be sharing as much intel as possible in preparation for this game.

Not sure how much it will matter, but you know damn well he wants to prove a point against his former team.

9 hours ago, Casey D said:

Then why is it a 1 point spread?

How'd that close spread turn out last week though?

Edited by BigDingus

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Agreed, and I'm also a bit worried that Diggs has far more info to give on the Bills & their tendencies than the usual former players would.

He knows Josh well, he knows some of Brady's playbook (and who knows how many concepts were carried over from Dorsey or if terminology stayed the same), he knows McDermott, he's practiced against most of this defense quite a bit, etc. so he'll definitely be sharing as much intel as possible in preparation for this game.

Not sure how much it will matter, but you know damn well he wants to prove a point against his former team.

How'd that close spread turn out last week though?

That former player angle is getting old. Mitch Morse and Gabe had all the same info for JAX. 

Poyer had lots of intel for Miami to use. And both of them got smacked around notwithstanding.

• Thank you (+1) 3