Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They will have more cap space available to be more aggressive in FA as well.

Keep dreaming, that money is going to McDs leaky defence 

Edited by BananaB

2 hours ago, Mango said:

WTF are you talking about. 

I was having a conversation about Cam Lewis. What is the rest of the drivel about?

That was not intended as a response to you.  I entered a separate post and it combined the two.

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, DJB said:

We are going to get spanked unless Josh has another heroic game 

I kinda feel the same. Way too many injuries for us right now. Unless kinkaid and Samuel really step up, I could see another blowout. Though Houston has injuries also, so maybe it'll be closer than we think 

Edited by Steptide
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I kinda feel the same. Way too many injuries for us right now. Unless kinkaid and Samuel really step up, I could see another blowout. Though Houston has injuries also, so maybe it'll be closer than we think 

The injuries on D every year is pretty frustrating and it’s always our best players seemingly .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I expect Groot to see a ton of attention his way. Time for the rookie or AJE to step up. 

AJE is playing for a contract and hasn’t really shown any improvement over the last couple years. 

4 hours ago, stevewin said:

Zion-Williamson.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

What does he bring to the D line? And what role or how will Babich want him lined up with Miller out.

really wonder how the Dline adjusts after last week and what you folks who the front four starters on first down will be

Go Bills

On 10/3/2024 at 4:46 PM, <bills4life> said:

When someone uses Coleman as a measure of offensive production as “Coleman already has 126 yards”, no offense that’s only 31 yds a game. It’s not an indictment of him has a player.  It’s my way of saying that using him as an example is poor, as if somehow he has exceeded expectations.  He is not a bad player, and he will continue to improve.  But let’s not get crazy here, and act like he is setting the league on fire or exceeding his draft slot.  

If you read the context of the post you would see how ridiculous your post is.  I stated that he already has 126 yards not to say he has a lot of yards.  It was to show that other receivers combined would only need a couple hundred yards on the season to prove the guy I quoted ridiculous claim and he alone already had 126 of them.  FFS read posts and the context of them before you respond to something and you wont look ridiculous.

In case you are too lazy to go back and read... the guy claimed that all our receivers combined probably wouldn't match Diggs production of 1200 yards or whatever the number is.  I said Shakir is on pace for almost 1k yards so would only need other receivers to combine for a couple hundred yards... and Coleman alone already had 126 of them.  Understand now?

Edited by Scott7975

3 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

Not what I was asking you really, but ok thx. Like do you know how they would measure those zone responsibilities? I find it similar to PFF blocking grades, so I want to be careful is all. How would you measure who's responsibility a hole shot completion between 2 zone defenders was? Is it the trailing corner or the over the top safety?

Hole shot ? Thats an automotive term in racing for me.
Do you mean a WR lined up nearer the hash marks ? Who runs a Go route ? 

24 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Hole shot ? Thats an automotive term in racing for me.
Do you mean a WR lined up nearer the hash marks ? Who runs a Go route ? 

When a qb hits that deep open spot vs a cover 2 zone past the depth of where the lb can drop to.

It can also be the hole between the corner and safety on the deep outside. Gruden used to call that the “ turkey hole”

Edited by 34-78-83
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

When a qb hits that deep open spot vs a cover 2 zone past the depth of where the lb can drop to.

It can also be the hole between the corner and safety on the deep outside. Gruden used to call that the “ turkey hole”

Corner playing outside in on that Turkey route ? Safety protecting the middle and the WR gets  out his break corner adjusting back in and hips turn ?

FS needs to decide depending on his coverage assignments and when to break on the ball . Yes how do those Evaluators decide assignments failing ?

Fair question for sake of argument

Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1