Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

16 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Oliver & Shakir out Sun....Per McD on WGR

Not a doom and gloom but that’s rough. 
Shakir has really been the only bright spot outside cook on the skill positions for Josh. Going to need Kincaid, Samuel and Coleman to produce big time. Obviously. 

Oliver not in the middle is a recipe for disaster. If we got ran all over by Henry with him in there lord know what we are going to see this Sunday. Sad times. 

Had hope we’d win this one, even barely. With these injuries? Ugh. Not entirely hopeful. 

Edited by Sojourner

Just now, SCBills said:

Well considering Samuel and Shakir are the same player.. 

Honestly not too concerned about this.   Shakir is good.. he’s not so good that this should disrupt our offensive flow. 

Time to figure out how to use Samuel and Kincaid. 

????

How are Samuel and Shakir the same player?  Samuel is the Isaiah McKenzie to Shakir's Cole Beasley.

• Agree 1

I’m still trying to understand why we didn’t put Taron and Bernard on IR for 4 weeks? Is it because they wouldn’t be able to practice at all with the team during that timeframe?  Hopeful they are back against the Jets but note looking hopeful that they be fully ready to go in another week. 

Injuries suck and even worse when they are occurring during practice on basic drills.

With all of these injuries on defense I hope the Bills can copy the Giants plan vs the Bills in Super Bowl and keep the ball for around 40 minutes. Get that run game going. Cook is the most important player this week besides Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

I’m still trying to understand why we didn’t put Taron and Bernard on IR for 4 weeks? Is it because they wouldn’t be able to practice at all with the team during that timeframe?  Hopeful they are back against the Jets but note looking hopeful that they be fully ready to go in another week. 

Injuries suck and even worse when they are occurring during practice on basic drills.

Yes, they wouldn’t be able to practice and would also count towards the total number of IR’d players they’re allowed to bring back. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Not feeling great about the WR situation. Idk if it's because coaches don't seem to know what they want to do with Samuel and Kincaid (I know he's a TE) or if it's because Hollins, MVS are kind of useless?  Maybe it's all of it. 

Hollins is far from useless. He is not a great WR by any stretch but he is a great blocker. Need him to be the guy who got 700 yards in 2022 tho this week 

With a reasonably healthy roster, I'd feel pretty good about our chances at victory. With...whatever this is we're about to roll out on Sunday, not so much.

Just to be clear, on defense, we're gonna be missing out best DT, a HOF edge rusher, an All-Pro WILL, our starting strong safety, and very possibly an All-Pro nickel and team captain MIKE. On offense, we're gonna be missing the only WR that has actually produced for us this season.

I hate it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Per McDermott, newly signed DT Zion Logue will be active for the game.

"This will be his, if active, which that's what we're gonna do" - I'm confused if that means he will be active or not. 

1 minute ago, bills742 said:

"This will be his, if active, which that's what we're gonna do" - I'm confused if that means he will be active or not. 

Sounded like he said Logue would be active. I may have missed that nuanced difference. Thanks for pointing it out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Sorry, I posted the data before the Ravens game. Cam Lewis is actually allowing 75.9% completion and he’s averaging 7.4 yards per target and 9.8 yards per completion. Compared to Taron’s 5/7.4.

We have a guy on the field where if the other team just throws in his direction they have a 76% chance of a first down. That’s bonkers.

He's not any good at covering or tackling. He is a major liability. 

I agree that Lewis is a liability out there as a starter (would be the case for any backup on any team). Its pretty visibly obvious at times.

Do tell me though about the faith that you have in these calculations (ie. player x is allowing whatever completion % and yards per attempt against), when the Bills use more zone coverage than almost any team out there. Do you feel like they do a great job of determining which player has actual responsibility when say one man is in trail coverage technique while another plays over top? Serious question here, not doubting you... but maybe doubting the stat provider.

23 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Hollins is far from useless. He is not a great WR by any stretch but he is a great blocker. Need him to be the guy who got 700 yards in 2022 tho this week 

I’m so sick of hearing about guys that can block when we need a ***** WR

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

With a reasonably healthy roster, I'd feel pretty good about our chances at victory. With...whatever this is we're about to roll out on Sunday, not so much.

Just to be clear, on defense, we're gonna be missing out best DT, a HOF edge rusher, an All-Pro WILL, our starting strong safety, and very possibly an All-Pro nickel and team captain MIKE. On offense, we're gonna be missing the only WR that has actually produced for us this season.

I hate it.

it’s okay, Bob Woods will probably be inactive for the Texans so it all evens out!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I’m so sick of hearing about guys that can block when we need a ***** WR

The quote from another poster was useless. He blocks, he plays STs. You wanna talk to me about MVS  being useless okay. I don’t disagree with your point but there is a difference between useless and being an above average pass catcher