Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

20 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Every team has injuries. It’s always a lame excuse. Unless Allen is injured….. next man up. 

You can't on one hand say "the Bills need more talent on their roster" and then on the other hand say "injuries are a lame excuse." Injuries take talent off of the field. Sometimes a team reaches a breaking point where they go from competitive to non-competitive due to injuries.  I think that our defense may have reached that point.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If the Texans were going to miss Tank Dell, Nico Collins, Laremy Tunsil, Will Anderson, Danielle Hunter and Derek Stingley Jr....do you think they would be easier to beat?

Sure. What does that have to do with our injuries? Is that supposed to be some equivocal argument?

Injuries matter. But people on here act like the Bills are the only team with serious injuries. It happens all the time. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

You can't on one hand say "the Bills need more talent on their roster" and then on the other hand say "injuries are a lame excuse." Injuries take talent off of the field. Sometimes a team reaches a breaking point where they go from competitive to non-competitive due to injuries.  I think that our defense may have reached that point.

Of course I can say the Bills need more talent on the team while also saying injuries are a lame excuse. They’re not the same thing. 

Just now, Breakout Squad said:

Of course I can say the Bills need more talent on the team while also saying injuries are a lame excuse. They’re not the same thing. 

Injuries take talent off of the field. If they don't matter, then talent doesn't matter.

2 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Did Dawkins provide any update on his hamstring during his interview?

(at work, can't watch) ... TBD is fine of course though 😄

Thanks.

I only watched the first minute but it's clear from the way he was talking that he's playing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Sure. What does that have to do with our injuries? Is that supposed to be some equivocal argument?

Injuries matter. But people on here act like the Bills are the only team with serious injuries. It happens all the time. 

Because you said it's a "lame excuse" next man up.  Now you're saying injuries matter.

I hope not but we could be potentially without:

• both starting linebackers
  • Starting nickel corner
  • Starting LT
  • Starting DT
  • Starting Slot WR

If we were playing the Jags again, not worried.  But when you are playing against other contenders who are fully healthy, losing 6 starters will matter wouldn't you think?

It's tough enough to beat talented teams fully healthy.

Then you say we aren't talented enough and then when we lose more talent....lame excuse?

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just FYI....

Taron Johnson an All Pro allowed 67.9% completion percentage last year and a 92 QB rating against.  

I think as a slot corner, those numbers will be high because they are mostly shorter range passes.

Sorry, I posted the data before the Ravens game. Cam Lewis is actually allowing 75.9% completion and he’s averaging 7.4 yards per target and 9.8 yards per completion. Compared to Taron’s 5/7.4.

We have a guy on the field where if the other team just throws in his direction they have a 76% chance of a first down. That’s bonkers.

He's not any good at covering or tackling. He is a major liability. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Because you said it's a "lame excuse" next man up.  Now you're saying injuries matter.

I hope not but we could be potentially without:

• both starting linebackers
  • Starting nickel corner
  • Starting LT
  • Starting DT
  • Starting Slot WR

If we were playing the Jags again, not worried.  But when you are playing against other contenders who are fully healthy, losing 6 starters will matter wouldn't you think?

It's tough enough to beat talented teams fully healthy.

Then you say we aren't talented enough and then when we lose more talent....lame excuse?

Injuries suck. That is all from me 🤪

On 10/3/2024 at 10:55 AM, Brand J said:

Again, no one is asking for him to get into the weeds of the case (or maybe the reporters are, but they already know he’d never go there). But how is not answering what players are permitted to do around the facility protecting them? How is this a collective bargaining issue? Is it a collective bargaining issue to confirm what the suspension is for and leave it at that? He can limit conversation by not getting into the case, or he can make every answer general, as it pertains to anyone in that situation. I don’t see how either of those are wrong, or how the CBA would find him at fault. It’s his prerogative to answer as he wants of course, but count me on the list of those who don’t appreciate a genuine attempt to answer questions.

Article 46, Section 7 of the CBA gives you your answer. 

Publicly available information!

4 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Oliver & Shakir out Sun....Per McD on WGR

The problem with running a no-margin for error offense with only 2 WR's worth a damn is that injuries can strike.

Our WR group for Sunday is Coleman, Samuel, MVS and Mack Hollins. Disaster class.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The problem with running a no-margin for error offense with only 2 WR's worth a damn is that injuries can strike.

Our WR group for Sunday is Coleman, Samuel, and Mack Hollins. Disaster class.

No one on this forum could possibly have foreseen that players get injured in the NFL and that having a paper thin WR depth chart constituted clear and obvious roster mismanagement. Nope. No one at all.

Frustrating.

I think they'll survive the absence of the DTs and Rapp, but Shakir being out...that's a tough one.

Edited by Logic

30 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Article 46, Section 7 of the CBA gives you your answer. 

Publicly available information!

23 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Cool. Mind sharing what it entails?

Nevermind, just threw it in the Google. Suspended players are permitted to be at the facility and participate in limited activities the second half of their suspension. What I didn’t see is anything about violating the CBA or fining the coach for sharing this information. 

And in regards to your “he doesn’t owe you an explanation for anything” it is possible to be informative without being revealing. He shut down the conversation just as easily as he could have, had he made an attempt to answer the question. We see this issue differently, so going back and forth on a message board isn’t going to convince either of us how it should be handled one way or another. McD has his way and I’m in disagreement with how cagey he chooses to be with answers that don’t require protection. You’re not, that’s fine and let’s move on. 

**And thank you for sharing the find because I really did want to know what permissions suspended players are given.

Edited by Brand J
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

No one on this forum could possibly have foreseen that players get injured in the NFL and that having a paper thin WR depth chart constituted clear and obvious roster mismanagement. Nope. No one at all.

Frustrating.

I think they'll survive the absence of the DTs and Rapp, but Shakir being out...that's a tough one.

We started Trent Sherfield on the boundary of a playoff game vs the defending SB champs.  And I guess nothing was taken away from that experience.

I find myself pining for the days where we kept Marcus Easley 6th WR for ST and 1-5 were kept for their ability to play WR.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Our WR group for Sunday is Coleman, Samuel, MVS and Mack Hollins. Disaster class.

Well considering Samuel and Shakir are the same player & apparently can’t co-exist…

Honestly not too concerned about this.   Shakir is good.. he’s not so good that this should disrupt our offensive flow. 

Time to figure out how to use Samuel and Kincaid. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1