Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Cam Lewis I think can cover.  I just don't think he's a reliable tackler.  

He allows 72% completion and 111 passer rating. 

He cannot cover. In fact I think he’s second on the team in tackles because his coverage skills suck so bad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2

On 10/2/2024 at 4:16 PM, BigDingus said:

I want a win here more than I do against the Jets.

Unless the Bills just get ravaged with major injuries, I don't feel like the Jets are a genuine threat to win the division, so a loss there wouldn't kill us.

But I don't want back to back losses to serious AFC Contenders. That would be devastating. It would hurt end of year tie breakers, and it would hurt Allen's MVP chances even worse.

Most annoying of all, the chatter around the Diggs drama will ramp up exponentially if the Texans win. Not only will the media be talking about it, Diggs himself will likely throw out his own "told ya so" nonsense to stoke the flames. Texans fans will be unbearable, and it'll be the most annoying 2 weeks ever lol

So please, just beat the Texans for my sanity! Thanks!

This is logically incorrect imho. Divisional games are always the most important, especially against the only other team that might threaten for the AFCE title in 2024. 

The Diggs thing I guess has some people afraid of embarrassment, but the Jets game in Jersey on MNF is objectively much more important to the Bills season. And for those fans who feel the weight of national noise/scrutiny, isn't a MNF rematch against Rodgers and the Jets so much more impactful? I can't see an angle where the Texans game matters more except for short-sightedness and frivolous fear of Diggs flexing on us. 

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Cam Lewis I think can cover.  I just don't think he's a reliable tackler.  

Isn't it the opposite with him? He's a relatively tenacious hitter imho. I recall the game a few years back when he injured himself against Tennessee, he was starting maybe in place of Taron Johnson (when he got a wakeup/reset benching)? But he aggressively stuck his nose into a play or two. Before then leaving with an injury sustained on a collision he initiated iirc. I recall him lining up outside even, in that game. Made maybe the first run stick on an outside run? I don't know. I should check. 

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, TheWei44 said:

Fair points - Maybe my main point got lost in translation a bit - Mixon (in a vacuum) is not nearly on par with Henry in my view.  But I totally agree that an effective Texans ground game would be concerning.  Career stats also favor Henry pretty resoundingly. 

No one compared him to Henry.  I said Mixon is the type of back that can take advantage of our back LBs and Slot.

so your point was- Mixon is not Derrick Henry?  Got it 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

9 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

It sucks we’re the only team that has injuries. If only the Chiefs had good players injured…. Oh wait

He said that we’re “constantly beat to hell”-  the chiefs have not been constantly beat to hell.  They are right now

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

This is logically incorrect imho. Divisional games are always the most important, especially against the only other team that might threaten for the AFCE title in 2024. 

The Diggs thing I guess has some people afraid of embarrassment, but the Jets game in Jersey on MNF is objectively much more important to the Bills season. And for those fans who feel the weight of national noise/scrutiny, isn't a MNF rematch against Rodgers and the Jets so much more impactful? I can't see an angle where the Texans game matters more except for short-sightedness and frivolous fear of Diggs flexing on us. 

It depends what you think of us and the Jets.  The Texans will pry win their division so this game could impact seeding in the playoffs (2 vs. 3 seed for example) if you think the Jets aren't a real threat.  Having the Texans come here in January is a huge advantage.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Mango said:

He cannot cover. In fact I think he’s second on the team in tackles because his coverage skills suck so bad.

That kind of reflects the eye test in my opinion as Cam Lewis is pretty bad all around at corner. He has the occasional good moment, but more often than not looks like a soup sandwich out there

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

That kind of reflects the eye test in my opinion as Cam Lewis is pretty bad all around at corner. He has the occasional good moment, but more often than not looks like a soup sandwich out there

He’s my least favorite player on defense at the moment. With Spector not that far behind. 

• Agree 1

I know the board will melt down if we lose but this is NOT a must win game.  If the Bills fall to 3-2 with losses to the other AFC "favorites" it's not the end by any means.  They need 10 wins in my opinion to win the division and the Bills will get there.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Isn't it the opposite with him? He's a relatively tenacious hitter imho. I recall the game a few years back when he injured himself against Tennessee, he was starting maybe in place of Taron Johnson (when he got a wakeup/reset benching)? But he aggressively stuck his nose into a play or two. Before then leaving with an injury sustained on a collision he initiated iirc. I recall him lining up outside even, in that game. Made maybe the first run stick on an outside run? I don't know. I should check. 

I think Joe Marino for 2 years talked about how he likes Cam on field and I thought it was his coverage skills but I definitely could be wrong.

If Cam is a hard hitter, it's actually surprising to me.  I stood and talked with him a few minutes last year when he gave my son his padded sleeve and signed his autograph.  Im not a big guy but when I was next to him, we looked to be about the same size.  I'm give or take 170 lbs.

10 hours ago, Blank Stare said:

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Ok GIF

They've lost Brown, Pacheco, Rice, and Hardman. Poor babies. The Bills have lost Milano, Taron, Bernard, Miller, Rapp, and possibly Shakir.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I know the board will melt down if we lose but this is NOT a must win game.  If the Bills fall to 3-2 with losses to the other AFC "favorites" it's not the end by any means.  They need 10 wins in my opinion to win the division and the Bills will get there.

Split the next two (HOU, NYJ) to go 4-2. Schedule eases up a little after that. Jets game is more important for the obvious reason but come out of this 4-2 and they are in decent shape going forward.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Mango said:

Just FYI....

Taron Johnson an All Pro allowed 67.9% completion percentage last year and a 92 QB rating against.  

I think as a slot corner, those numbers will be high because they are mostly shorter range passes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

No one compared him to Henry.  I said Mixon is the type of back that can take advantage of our back LBs and Slot.

He said that we’re “constantly beat to hell”-  the chiefs have not been constantly beat to hell.  They are right now

Every team has injuries. It’s always a lame excuse. Unless Allen is injured….. next man up. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Brand J said:

Again, no one is asking for him to get into the weeds of the case (or maybe the reporters are, but they already know he’d never go there). But how is not answering what players are permitted to do around the facility protecting them? How is this a collective bargaining issue? Is it a collective bargaining issue to confirm what the suspension is for and leave it at that? He can limit conversation by not getting into the case, or he can make every answer general, as it pertains to anyone in that situation. I don’t see how either of those are wrong, or how the CBA would find him at fault. It’s his prerogative to answer as he wants of course, but count me on the list of those who don’t appreciate a genuine attempt to answer questions.

Acknowledging the situation continues the conversation. It gives them quotes to discuss and makes it more ok to ask another question related to the case in the future. It's better to just avoid it all together. 

As for the collective bargaining agreement, I haven't read it (I'm also not the person who referenced the CBA originally) but maybe you should read it before making statements like "how is this a collective bargaining issue?" 

Again, he doesn't care if you appreciate it. He doesn't owe you an answer. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Every team has injuries. It’s always a lame excuse. Unless Allen is injured….. next man up. 

If the Texans were going to miss Tank Dell, Nico Collins, Laremy Tunsil, Will Anderson, Danielle Hunter and Derek Stingley Jr....do you think they would be easier to beat?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I didn't say you made that comparison, my friend.  All good!

• Like (+1) 1