Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

33 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Shakir out - Samuel invisible - Hollins Hollinsing - MVS MVSing... If there were a time for a breakout, its this game.  

Yeah but I’m worried it’s could be Stingley covering him all game.  Tough matchup but also a great opponent to show everyone that he’s arrived.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I guess Oliver did drills after they worked on his hamstring which I'm hoping is a good sign.

you know who else did drills in practice after getting injured earlier in said practice?

Matt Milano.

Just sayin’ ……. ;)

• Haha (+1) 2

Eager to see who can play this week.  If we are without Bernard and Taron again, I think we’re in trouble.  Other than Babich, the pass rush will dictate our success to the greatest extent.  If the pass rush can’t get pressure, it’s gonna be a long night.  

I can’t stand Mixon, but he’s the type of RB that can take advantage of our LB/slot backups

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

you know who else did drills in practice after getting injured earlier in said practice?

Matt Milano.

Just sayin’ ……. ;)

Ha.  True.  Milano quickly left practice after testing the bicep though.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Eager to see who can play this week.  If we are without Bernard and Taron again, I think we’re in trouble.  Other than Babich, the pass rush will dictate our success to the greatest extent.  If the pass rush can’t get pressure, it’s gonna be a long night.  

I can’t stand Mixon, but he’s the type of RB that can take advantage of our LB/slot backups

Mixon is good not great - Not really on the same level as Henry in my view - And he may not even play.  What also made Henry extra deadly is Lamar's running ability - A two-headed dragon.  We'll see but I don't think Mixon will be the difference maker in this game if he plays.

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Mixon is good not great - Not really on the same level as Henry in my view - And he may not even play.  What also made Henry extra deadly is Lamar's running ability - A two-headed dragon.  We'll see but I don't think Mixon will be the difference maker in this game if he plays.

really? I think the opposite. without him it’s likely they are more inclined to pass the ball, something we are better at stopping. with him in they at least have a better chance at exploiting the run defense and pass defense as a result with some pa. 

if hes in, he’s making a difference. at least to me. 

If they control they game and we have to pass all day it might be a problem. 

texans pass D is solid. 

stingley/lassiter/pitre/ward/bullock are no joke. 

• Agree 2

On 10/2/2024 at 3:52 PM, Sojourner said:

I hear you. the hilarity becomes when people state that buffalo are just pretenders  and play easy teams. 

that conversation has happened at least 4 or 5 times with my coworkers alone this week, to which I reference the 43 games of not losing a game by 6+. the record over that span was 32-11. 

must have been a sh-t load of crap teams we played. 

I've heard that argument too.  Meanwhile, we played Miami when they had Tua and I believe were favored.  People forget they were not the crap Dolphins team they are today when the Bills played them.  Things change fast in the NFL.  Also, didn't the mighty Texans go down to the final 18 seconds to beat Jacksonville?  So I think 47-10 is actually really good against any NFL team.  No one says anything about Houston playing crappy teams, all they mention is how they won.   Bills are held to a different standard I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sojourner said:

really? I think the opposite. without him it’s likely they are more inclined to pass the ball, something we are better at stopping. with him in they at least have a better chance at exploiting the run defense and pass defense as a result with some pa. 

if hes in, he’s making a difference. at least to me. 

If they control they game and we have to pass all day it might be a problem. 

texans pass D is solid. 

stingley/lassiter/pitre/ward/bullock are no joke. 

Fair points - Maybe my main point got lost in translation a bit - Mixon (in a vacuum) is not nearly on par with Henry in my view.  But I totally agree that an effective Texans ground game would be concerning.  Career stats also favor Henry pretty resoundingly. 

Edited by TheWei44
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Fair points - Maybe my main point got lost in translation a bit - Mixon (in a vacuum) is not nearly on par with Henry in my view.  But I totally agree that an effective Texans ground game would be concerning.  Career stats also favor Henry pretty resoundingly. 

im with you, he’s not Henry level but he’s on par with some other starters in the league who can cause some damage; Montgomery, Najee/Warren, Kenny Walker just to name a few. 

whilst I don’t think he rumbles off for 100+ yards and multiple td’s, if he’s in he can still make a difference where we get eaten up in the PA. 

again, that group of DBs are absolutely solid. there’s a reason they’re in one of the best passing D’s. 
Their pass rushers win too. tied for 4th in the league @ 14 for the year. 

31 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I've heard that argument too.  Meanwhile, we played Miami when they had Tua and I believe were favored.  People forget they were not the crap Dolphins team they are today when the Bills played them.  Things change fast in the NFL.  Also, didn't the mighty Texans go down to the final 18 seconds to beat Jacksonville?  So I think 47-10 is actually really good against any NFL team.  No one says anything about Houston playing crappy teams, all they mention is how they won.   Bills are held to a different standard I guess.

Might be because we’re a decent team irrespective of the blips in the playoffs. A good team that’s always missing key players. The point I find weird is the run up to the fish, they were favored like you said and got blown out before Tua went off injured. The jags were just in a rough patch and would “figure things out” in what people claimed would be a “coming out game” for them this season. Didn’t happen they got blown out. 

We are in that ravens game if not for 2 plays.

1. The 89 Henry run. Obviously. 
2. The whack play call when it was 21-10. Even a FG on that drive makes it a completely different game. They get the TO and score a TD on a short field. Put it out of reach sadly, 28-10 is a 3 score game right before the end of the 3rd. The missed FG by Bass was the final nail in the coffin of a comeback. 

Edited by Sojourner

21 hours ago, paulmm3 said:

Was just playing around with some stats when I noticed the Bills actually have the best pass defense in the league this year ranked by yards per attempt. The Bills also have by a very significant amount the worst run defense in the league in terms of yards per carry. Wonder how teams will game plan against us?

gee , what would you do   lol

Run derrick Henry all day thats what

the part that bothers me most is that We knew that they knew and we couldn't stop it.

Thats why we lose playoffs to some degree

• Agree 1