Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

Let’s all just hope the D is healthy in January and keep the status quo on offense.  

We will need to score 35 a game come January as usual every year since 2021.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

there are collectively bargained standards for what coaches are allowed to say about players. He would literally get fined or grieved for revealing what you're looking for him to say.

I’m not looking for him to say anything. I am acknowledging he isn’t going to, and there for, don’t waste my time

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I can see Diggs going off on the Bills defense. Our corners will hold their own but Diggs knows Hamlin is a weakness. He will have 15 receptions for 135 yards. All 7-9 yard catches in front of the safety 

Sounds like he's been in the slot a fair amount so... potentially cam lewis.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dr. K said:

For pity’s sake, get a grip on yourself. The guy is 20 years old and has played four games in his NFL career.

When someone uses Coleman as a measure of offensive production as “Coleman already has 126 yards”, no offense that’s only 31 yds a game. It’s not an indictment of him has a player.  It’s my way of saying that using him as an example is poor, as if somehow he has exceeded expectations.  He is not a bad player, and he will continue to improve.  But let’s not get crazy here, and act like he is setting the league on fire or exceeding his draft slot.  

• Disagree 1

Just now, <bills4life> said:

When someone uses Coleman as a measure of offensive production as “Coleman already has 126 yards”, no offense that’s only 31 yds a game. It’s not an indictment of him has a player.  It’s my way of saying that using him as an example is poor, as if somehow he has exceeded expectations.  He is not a bad player, and he will continue to improve.  But let’s not get crazy here, and act like he is setting the league on fire or exceeding his draft slot.  

Shakir out - Samuel invisible - Hollins Hollinsing - MVS MVSing... If there were a time for a breakout, its this game.  

• Like (+1) 2

Our training staff received all kinds of kudos three years ago when the Bills went relatively unscathed with the exception of Tre White. They were being called the best staff in the league.

Since then it has been a very rough go of it. Do they deserve criticism for how many injuries the team has had since they received applause when they were healthy?

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Shakir out - Samuel invisible - Hollins Hollinsing - MVS MVSing... If there were a time for a breakout, it’s this game.  

And he very well may. I hope he does. And I have nothing against him as a player. But the “good god get a grip on yourself” reeks of emotional fragility.  The drama is embarrassing. 

Edited by <bills4life>
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, PoundingDog said:

Based on Johnson interview etc. I think he might be in line to return the next 2 weeks. As far as Rapp goes, I'm actually excited to say "Welcome to NFL Bishop." From the limited number of snaps he played in garbage times and replacing Rapp last Sunday night, He sure looks to be the most physically gifted Safety the Bills ever had, at least in McDermott era. Size and Speed. The draft guide says he's instinctual, well we haven't see that. But if it is true, he needs to play to get used to the NFL speed and power, how opposing teams schemes play out on the field (instead of reading from films). He may take some lumps but we WILL need him to solve our Safety issues down the line. 

Agree. Based on limited reps, Bishop seems to have excellent closing speed. Don’t know how well he’s picked up this D. McD says safety and mlb are the hardest positions to learn 

3 hours ago, PoundingDog said:

Based on Johnson interview etc. I think he might be in line to return the next 2 weeks. As far as Rapp goes, I'm actually excited to say "Welcome to NFL Bishop." From the limited number of snaps he played in garbage times and replacing Rapp last Sunday night, He sure looks to be the most physically gifted Safety the Bills ever had, at least in McDermott era. Size and Speed. The draft guide says he's instinctual, well we haven't see that. But if it is true, he needs to play to get used to the NFL speed and power, how opposing teams schemes play out on the field (instead of reading from films). He may take some lumps but we WILL need him to solve our Safety issues down the line.