Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

Mixon didn’t play last week but he did return to practice, I’m willing to bet he will be back. The good news is he isn’t Henry lol. I feel like Josh gets his groove back and we win in a shootout.

Edit: Looks like Mixon will be out.

Edited by JJGauna
  • Agree 1

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Week 5 - Bills at Texans Game Week Thread

Win the next 2 and we will be sitting pretty comfortably in the division and in the conference, especially if the Jets lose to the Vikings this week.

I expect a bounce back game this week.

• Like (+1) 2

I saw someone on twitter saying the best move for this week is to let shakir sit and rest so he doesn't reinjure his ankle...

anyone else see this?  No way he is not ready to play sunday.  He just needs treatment.  He doesn't even have to practice to play i imagine.  

• Shocked 1

21 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I saw someone on twitter saying the best move for this week is to let shakir sit and rest so he doesn't reinjure his ankle...

anyone else see this?  No way he is not ready to play sunday.  He just needs treatment.  He doesn't even have to practice to play i imagine.  

Do we even know the extent of the injury. Thus regime has a history of slow playing injuries (not a critism but they do do that). Will be interesting to see how he practices. I would be limited or out Wednesday and Thursday at least. 

Don’t like it especially if Mixon plays 

gonna be a long afternoon with them working in Diggs and rubbing the salt in the wound 

not a Diggs fan and glad he’s gone - but you know the play action throws to him are coming - especially if they get their run game going 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

gonna be a long afternoon with them working in Diggs and rubbing the salt in the wound 

not a Diggs fan and glad he’s gone - but you know the play action throws to him are coming - especially if they get their run game going 

and the Bills get an opportunity to show Diggs something as well…

Im assuming the Bills have had this game circled since the Schedule was announced…

• Like (+1) 1

Beat Houston, win the head to head match and realistically go two games up on the Jets (@MN). The following week the Bills play the Jets with a chance to go three games up and distance themselves from the AFCE.

Not expecting Taron or Bernard back this week. 

Hoping we learned a lot from the Baltimore game and get road wins against Houston and NYJ. 

20 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

and the Bills get an opportunity to show Diggs something as well…

Im assuming the Bills have had this game circled since the Schedule was announced…

I’m sure Diggs has as well and will have some extra pep in his step. Just find a way to get the W and get out of HOU to move to 4-1.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

I am more worried about shultz and dooley.....i mean collins in the passing game.  Diggs has basically been running about 6 to 8 yards catching a ball and diving forward for whatever he can get.  He has shown no explosiveness at all and looks to be a slot guy to throw slants and quick stuff to.

Biggest thing for Buffalo is stroud will stand there and hold the ball forever and he will give you opportunities to hit him if you can cover long enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

How did Houston go from being a basement dweller to having one of the most talented rosters in the NFL almost overnight? Their WR 4 is Robert Woods. Diggs is probably WR 3 but nobody would ever tell him that.

If I’m Joe Mixon I’m telling the coaches “I gonna rush 200 yards against this front. Feed me.”

I’m impressed as hell that the Bills

had’t lost by more than one score in three years. But after last week’s colossal coaching fiasco, I’m expecting a Halloween horror show down in Houston. It’s loud in that dome.

Hope I’m wrong and will gladly perform penance and flagellate myself for my lack of faith if the Bills pull out a W against one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.

Edited by The Helmet of
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Helmet of said:

How did Houston go from being a basement dweller to having one of the most talented rosters in the NFL almost overnight? Their WR 4 is Robert Woods. Diggs is probably WR 3 but nobody would ever tell him that.

If I’m Joe Mixon I’m telling the coaches “I gonna rush 200 yards against this front. Feed me.”

I’m impressed as hell that the Bills

had’t lost by more than one score in three years. But after last week’s colossal coaching fiasco, I’m expecting a Halloween horror show down in Houston. It’s loud in that dome.

Hope I’m wrong and will gladly perform penance and flagellate myself for my lack of faith if the Bills pull out a W against one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.

Bookmarked for posterity!

• Haha (+1) 1