Tom Pelissero: Bills Sign DT Zion Logue off of Falcons PS

Arkady Renko

27 minutes ago, Mango said:

I like DW because his game speed is fast and he is aggressive. He has a tendency to overcommit, leaving him out of position at times, especially in zone. It feels like if he can keep that speed up, but slow down the game a little bit he could be a good piece to the LB corp and allow us to do more 3LB sets with Milano, Bernard, and Williams. 

He is always 5° off if that makes sense. He is quick but never quite right when he gets there. He makes the hit if it's available. He doesn't seem to have the intuition needed in this system. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

They’ll be so hell bent on stopping the run Stroud will kill them.  I can see it now 

I don't know.  I feel like our ends and oliver are going to hit stroud a bunch sunday.  He stands there forever with the ball.  I wouldn't be surprised if they have 3 or more sacks.

2 hours ago, peterpan said:

So does this mean we don’t have room for a new kicker? 

We do put him on the PS and make him active at same time as Bass next 3 games, if Bass misses any kicks put the new guy in and if he doesn't miss keep him. If he misses cut him and keep Bass. If needed rinse and repeat with another kicker until find one.

4 hours ago, uninja said:

Bills defense under McDermott has historically defended the run poorly. It’s a glaring weakness in the scheme. 

It’s kind of tough to gauge…how much of it is running because scared to pass vs running because it’s easy.  Since 2019 we’ve been bottom half of the league in rushing yards allowed per game zero times.  Last year we were 15th and the year before we were 5th.  This year it’s too early to tell 

there have been a few short stretches of terrible run defense for sure though.  I feel like most seasons we have a game or two where the defense gets steamrolled and we all panic haha 

going back earlier than 2019 we were pretty bad and average but those rosters were pretty terrible 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s kind of tough to gauge…how much of it is running because scared to pass vs running because it’s easy.  Since 2019 we’ve been bottom half of the league in rushing yards allowed per game zero times.  Last year we were 15th and the year before we were 5th.  This year it’s too early to tell 

there have been a few short stretches of terrible run defense for sure though.  I feel like most seasons we have a game or two where the defense gets steamrolled and we all panic haha 

going back earlier than 2019 we were pretty bad and average but those rosters were pretty terrible 

Considering we run a 4-2-5 and missing our top 2 (starting LBs) it only makes sense to struggle against the run this season and even losing Taron hurts as he is arguably our best open field tackling DB. I'm concerned but not worried thus far as feel Bernard and Johnson should be back in next few weeks. 

1 hour ago, boyst said:

He is always 5° off if that makes sense. He is quick but never quite right when he gets there. He makes the hit if it's available. He doesn't seem to have the intuition needed in this system. 

Not disagreeing about Williams... but to be fair, he did make two key plays -- the forced fumble on Lamar and the near-sack that led to the intentional grounding call -- that very much could (and indeed SHOULD) have gotten the team back into the game on Sunday night.

9 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Not disagreeing about Williams... but to be fair, he did make two key plays -- the forced fumble on Lamar and the near-sack that led to the intentional grounding call -- that very much could (and indeed SHOULD) have gotten the team back into the game on Sunday night.

Kiko made a lot of key plays, too. As did numerous other players. But they do not play their position or have discipline. It shows on tape. Williams plays the position but too slow. And he often doesn't seem to be on the page as the others.