Tom Pelissero: Bills Sign DT Zion Logue off of Falcons PS

Arkady Renko

1 hour ago, Simon said:

This is not even remotely true, imo.

We lost a game. Don't you know that means every player is now bad, the coaches suck, and the team is soft? We can't say anything good about the team or players until we win a game again. Then we can make superbowl projections.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

I think Jones has been fine through 4 games.

The 4 back ups (Spector, Lewis, Williams and Hamlin) playing behind him otoh...........

Our LB’s have been a huge liability. I’m a fan of Williams and think he can be a player. I do not like Spector.

I don’t love our pass rushers either. I think they’re just OK. 

Edited by Mango
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Our LB’s have been a huge liability. I’m a fan of Williams and think he can be a player. I do not like Spector.

I don’t love our pass rushers either. I think they’re OK. 

Williams without Bernard to anchor everything looks lost out there, he's our leading tackler and a lot of it is because he's getting targeted a ton.

Sunday night would have been a different game with Bernard, Milano, and Taron Johnson in the lineup. Heck, even one of them might have made a massive difference. 

At least we're getting 2/3 back soon. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

When your team is 30th in the league in rush defense I'd say the play of your 1 tech has something to do with it.   

If your linebackers stink... and they stunk in week 4... it doesn't really matter.  They were consistently out leveraged by motion, not slipping, not shedding, just getting blocked.  Ability to shed usually comes from skill, but it also requires a superior processing capability to avoid getting out leveraged.  These guys were thinking, not playing with speed.  

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don’t love our pass rushers either. I think they’re OK. 

Williams had his best game as a Bill against the Jags but he was dreadful Sunday night - thought fair play to him he made the splash play with the turnover. That is the issue with him at the moment it feels a bit feast or famine. 

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

It has to be Morrow they are cutting. He’s terrible.

I did say this before the season. Not an NFL level player anymore. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Williams had his best game as a Bill against the Jags but he was dreadful Sunday night - thought fair play to him he made the splash play with the turnover. That is the issue with him at the moment it feels a bit feast or famine. 

Was watching the game with my buddy, and I had not really watched him play before.  I go who is #32 out there? Looks like he is running with cinder blocks on his feet! Totally get what you say about him and completely agree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

Williams without Bernard to anchor everything looks lost out there, he's our leading tackler and a lot of it is because he's getting targeted a ton.

Sunday night would have been a different game with Bernard, Milano, and Taron Johnson in the lineup. Heck, even one of them might have made a massive difference. 

At least we're getting 2/3 back soon. 

I agree with you about Bernard. I should clarify, I don't think Williams has arrived, But I do think he is nice piece to the LB unit as of today. 

I will disagree with your take on Williams, or at least how you got there. LB's almost always lead their teams and the lead in tackles. I think Spector has been picked on but most games have gotten so out of hand it doesn't really matter. Similar to Cam Lewis who has been really bad. Like REALLLY bad. (Opposing QBs are 18/25 (72%) 216 yards (12 yards per comp/8.6 yards per target), 1 TD and a 111 Passer Rating.)

Either way, the current LB unit is a huge liability at the moment, but I am fairly high on Dorian Williams ceiling. I think that with our young/new S corp and NCB, the DL is looking worse than it is. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

This is not even remotely true, imo.

I agree,  although he doesn’t seem to have as much impact as he has in the past. He used to draw a lot of double teams which helped Oliver. I haven’t noticed if that is still true.

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Well they have to deal with Joe Mixon this week and if they don't stop him running free right in the interior they are going to do it 25 times.  So hopefully they can get that squared away sunday and this guy can help.....although he could be inactive since he is just getting here.

They’ll be so hell bent on stopping the run Stroud will kill them.  I can see it now 

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I like DW because his game speed is fast and he is aggressive. He has a tendency to overcommit, leaving him out of position at times, especially in zone. It feels like if he can keep that speed up, but slow down the game a little bit he could be a good piece to the LB corp and allow us to do more 3LB sets with Milano, Bernard, and Williams. 

Daquan has been decent. He's not the force he was 2 years ago. Hopefully Carter ends up being a good one. But like Oliver, he's on the smaller side. I would think with smaller faster LBs, you would want big DTs to gobble up blockers. I was really hoping there was a way we could land T'Vondre Sweat in the draft... We need to get beefier in the middle. That would help deep in the playoffs where we always seem to get bodied around my a physical game plan. 

39 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Was watching the game with my buddy, and I had not really watched him play before.  I go who is #32 out there? Looks like he is running with cinder blocks on his feet! Totally get what you say about him and completely agree.

It's Nicholas Morrow... I was worried about him being the 3rd LB. He's a vet...But that's about it IMHO... And I'm not saying this as a homer at all, but I was REALLY hoping they would use Buffalo Joe as that 3rd LB...if they went to 3 LB's... Joe is just a MUCH better athlete, and I like his instincts vs the run... 😎